pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered it, for $155 my grand daughter will enjoy opening it and tossing stuff to me, of course she’ll try to climb through it too!
Same - at that price if I never use it oh well, I figure with the sunroof I'll pop it open on occasion if the weather is cool and calls for a road trip!
Sponsored

JohnDLG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was debating this but decided for it, I will be getting the interior inverter but not paying more to get one in the bed. I figure I can just open the rear window and use an extension cord in the rare chance I need it. Also I may decide to get a camper shell later so the window could be useful with that too.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Manual type is useless, as most people are never going to be motivated to get out of the driver's seat when you think of when you want to use it to get out and climb over the rear seats to get to it, I agree.

I have the power one in the 1500, and as mentioned when you get in the car and its crazy hot, being at the low-pressure area behind the cab as you start rolling its perfect for exhausting hot air out of the vehicle for a mile or two, at which point I close it back up since its power and you're good to go.

It is also just one more thing that can break though, and another potential point of water entry if the seal goes 10 years from now, and it obstructs vision a bit. Its a shame we don't get a Toyota style rear glass where the entire back glass panel drops down. If you had a hard tonneau cover with some anchor points on the top there you could use it as a pass-through for really long items to intrude into the cab.
My son will open it from the back when my dog farts.

WhoAmI2021

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6S Wagon, E250, Kia Soul
I would not pay extra for one, but it is nice for airflow on nice days. I am not getting a sunroof, so it will be a nice addition for non -a/c comfort..

If it were larger, it would be nice with a topper, but most likely not so much, time will tell

Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It looks cheap too! I know it's a truck thing and people say it's for air but it's a crew cab so the rear passenger windows comes down. It'd be usable if it's from top to bottom but with the option with the Maverick, it looks out of place.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anybody else noticed when ordering the rear window you are charged $155 in both the interior and exterior part of the summary. So the price is $155x2=$310. I don't understand why it is a double charge when it is one window and the same window if you look through it from the inside or outside.
I looked at my build and you are correct that it does list the cost twice, yet when I did the math the cost was only included once. Not sure why that is.

Amakrida

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I opted for the rear sliding window in my XLT order. Mainly a FOMO thing. I was getting Ford Co-Pilot and another $155 seemed arbitrary at that point. Didn't even think about my dog, was thinking about potentially running long material into the cab.

Also I'll need to keep my headrests in, planning on a hammock on the back for the dog. Keep her hair off my interior as much as possible.

L3fty

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Enclave
I've been spoiled in the past by the large roll down section in my sport trac and the entire window rolling down in my 4runner. Both of those were extremely useful when carrying long items. This tiny thing that leaves a lip of glass at the bottom, not so much. I get that this is really just meant for ventilation but that way of thinking really cuts down on the potential use.

Gamer_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
W204, Maverick
The window can problably be use for putting long items that are coming from the bed. Other than that, esthetic.

Sponsored

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Stupid question....are there air vents, and/or usb jacks in the back on the XLT? I skimmed the videos, but maybe I missed them

Thanks.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stupid question....are there air vents, and/or usb jacks in the back on the XLT? I skimmed the videos, but maybe I missed them

Thanks.
Yeah there are air vents for the rear passengers under the driver and passenger seats, which is the way most non full-size SUVs do it. However no rear climate. Also, you need at least XLT lux for rear USB jack, but the 400W inverter is a (reasonably priced) standalone option and you can just keep a charging brick in the truck.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah there are air vents for the rear passengers under the driver and passenger seats, which is the way most non full-size SUVs do it. However no rear climate. Also, you need at least XLT lux for rear USB jack, but the 400W inverter is a (reasonably priced) standalone option and you can just keep a charging brick in the truck.
I never thought that choosing this stand alone option only gives you a house outlet and not the usb/usb-c jack.. kinda sucks

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I opted for the rear sliding window in my XLT order. Mainly a FOMO thing. I was getting Ford Co-Pilot and another $155 seemed arbitrary at that point. Didn't even think about my dog, was thinking about potentially running long material into the cab.

Also I'll need to keep my headrests in, planning on a hammock on the back for the dog. Keep her hair off my interior as much as possible.
I too also opted for the rear window after rethinking about it. As you said an additional $155 isn't going to brake the bank. I had a dog hammock in my F150 and it really does cut down the amount of fur on the seat, plus it was a lot nicer for my dog since he was able to put his head up front instead of be stuck to the back seat or on floor in the back.

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
I too also opted for the rear window after rethinking about it. As you said an additional $155 isn't going to brake the bank. I had a dog hammock in my F150 and it really does cut down the amount of fur on the seat, plus it was a lot nicer for my dog since he was able to put his head up front instead of be stuck to the back seat or on floor in the back.
Hey Chris, I have a dog and another to join us soon. It's actually a reason i'm getting this 4-door rig. What is a good brand of hammock to consider? And I'm contemplating dog restraints but don't use harnesses. Any experience with those?
Sponsored