Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
How come you need Ford Co pilot for it
Sponsored

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Living in Texas I have always found the rear sliding glass to be very useful in the summer months. They are so small its impossible for an adult to use them as an ingress point, so I feel a lot safe leaving it open while I'm parked vs a cracked window that just needs a coat hanger to reach the lock.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a power rear window in my Explorer Sport Trac that goes down (vertically) an inch with one button press or fully with a second press. I honestly don't use it much. Not sure I'd bother on a Maverick, especially for a manual type.

Sponsored

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
Admit it, folks, it's for the dog.
It sure is. I locked my keys and dog in once. Climbed in the bed and called the dog. He pawed at the latch and got me in. But that is where a thief broke in and stole my truck as well. Plus the long items through there will take out the windshield when said dog runs into the road. I ain't getting a slider!

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As a home DIY'er, I'm not sure how else you get 10' lengths of EMT conduit or PVC pipe home from Home Depot without the opening in the rear window? The HOA I live in has a dim view of ladder racks on pickups, so an external rack isn't the answer.

Admittedly, I'm spoiled by the fact that the Dodge Journey I have as a company car will fit those 10'ers inside without a problem. One of the reasons the base Explorer is still on my short list of vehicles to consider once I retire, and have to buy my own vehicle.

HRG

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's tiny, maybe you can fit a softball through it

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anybody else noticed when ordering the rear window you are charged $155 in both the interior and exterior part of the summary. So the price is $155x2=$310. I don't understand why it is a double charge when it is one window and the same window if you look through it from the inside or outside.

Sponsored

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
As a home DIY'er, I'm not sure how else you get 10' lengths of EMT conduit or PVC pipe home from Home Depot without the opening in the rear window? The HOA I live in has a dim view of ladder racks on pickups, so an external rack isn't the answer.

Admittedly, I'm spoiled by the fact that the Dodge Journey I have as a company car will fit those 10'ers inside without a problem. One of the reasons the base Explorer is still on my short list of vehicles to consider once I retire, and have to buy my own vehicle.

HRG
Terry, the trunk of my Olds is way, way bigger than the bed of the Mav. Please reconsider trying to haul ten footers with it. It is a gardeners truck. Anything more than 8 feet will be a safety issue.
Back in the day my supervisor's sister got rear ended on the I-90 floating bridge in Seattle. A single 2x4 (from a roof rack) came into her car and killed her. I don't want to be preaching to everyone here. But please keep the issue in mind.

Reactions: bgn

Dbergie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan, Kia
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve had two trucks with sliding rear windows. Never used them.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a power rear window in my Explorer Sport Trac that goes down (vertically) an inch with one button press or fully with a second press. I honestly don't use it much. Not sure I'd bother on a Maverick, especially for a manual type.
Manual type is useless, as most people are never going to be motivated to get out of the driver's seat when you think of when you want to use it to get out and climb over the rear seats to get to it, I agree.

I have the power one in the 1500, and as mentioned when you get in the car and its crazy hot, being at the low-pressure area behind the cab as you start rolling its perfect for exhausting hot air out of the vehicle for a mile or two, at which point I close it back up since its power and you're good to go.

It is also just one more thing that can break though, and another potential point of water entry if the seal goes 10 years from now, and it obstructs vision a bit. Its a shame we don't get a Toyota style rear glass where the entire back glass panel drops down. If you had a hard tonneau cover with some anchor points on the top there you could use it as a pass-through for really long items to intrude into the cab.

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered it, for $155 my grand daughter will enjoy opening it and tossing stuff to me, of course she’ll try to climb through it too!
Sponsored