Thoughts on the rear sliding window.

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat TDI
Is there any benefit/use to it? Specifically the manual version. I've never had a truck, but it would seem useful in a single cab. I'm not sure what purpose it serves in a 4 door. I cant reach it from the drivers seat. lol

Is it big enough to be useful?

Are you ordering it?

TooManyVehicles

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150 XLT, 2006 Subaru Outback
I have the power version in my F150 - I use it a lot in bridge seasons.

I wish the power version was available in lower trim levels as an option. I still might get the manual version (figuring it is better than nothing), but as you mention it can't be reached by the drivers seat - meaning that whatever position it is in, you are much more "committed" to it (unless you want to pull over, get out, and adjust - which is a pain).

theek

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
I used mine in my old Nissan (actually, Datsun, yes that old) pickup that had a cap, to keep the wet dogs in the bed happy.

Last edited:

Basil

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 ranger
I find it very useful for long items such as pipe,metal corners and whatever else that could stick out the bed. Instead of strapping it down and putting a flag on the end. I think my dog also likes it

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
I used mine for ventilation. Open it up just a little and flow through ventilation. Also used it to carry long items.

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
I have one on my F-150 and ordered one on the Maverick, Along with a sunroof.

Xtreme Thunder

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I am a power sliding rear window fan and a moonroof fan as well. I enjoy having them all open for a nice breeze! I’d be a Lariat buyer with the power rear sliding window w/ defrost and of course, as I said above, I’d also add the moonroof option.

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat TDI
I wish a power rear window was available for the XLT model. Comparing it to other trucks, it looks tiny too.

I can't wait to see one of these trucks in person!

Mike

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
You can reach back and open it. Small cab. Get if for the dog or long lumber

Old Ranchero

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
I don't think you can add just the manual slider by itself on XL at least. When I was configuring my build I selected the manual and it gave me a message it had to be purchased along with something else. Don't remember what else was required, but I didn't need it so deleted the window.

TooManyVehicles

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F150 XLT, 2006 Subaru Outback
I don't think you can add just the manual slider by itself on XL at least. When I was configuring my build I selected the manual and it gave me a message it had to be purchased along with something else. Don't remember what else was required, but I didn't need it so deleted the window.
It requires Ford CoPilot ($540).

Jasper6144

First Name
Jasper
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
As others have said, they are great for ventilation.

I don't think a lot of people remember, or know the time when 25 to 55 mph air-conditioning was a standard option ...... And with a lot of us smaller, or 5 foot bed truck owners . It's better to run lumber, pipe, and other long stuff into the cab vs hanging out of the bed...with the possibility of bouncing, or flying out.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Requiring a $540 option, that's unrelated to the window, just to pay another $155 for the manual window is a B.S. move on Ford's part IMO. $695 for a manual window essentially. Maybe an aftermarket will come out cheaper than that. Might even be power for less than that!