First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Got the Mav off the lot. Came with moonroof and powered sliding rear window. All is good - crack the back of the moonroof and open the window. Very good ventilation and very little additional road noise.
Sponsored

First Name
Carol and Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD Ecoboost Carbonized Gray
I ordered mine for the same reason. My current Mazda B-3000 (aka Ford Ranger) has one and it comes in handy at times.
For 19 yrs I'v put this kind of stuff in my tiny Hyundai Elantra (wrapped of course at the ends). I've hauled small trees & 8' lumber in my tiny car over the yrs, not ideal but hey it worked. I'm beyond thrilled to finally get a small pickup truck (hopefully by May) and give away my 19-yr old car (though still running strong).

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve seen several people asking why, especially since it is small. Here is why, I could have hung it out the back, but this was in the bed with the tailgate closed.

DB870AF1-8380-4953-89C5-2683D74F57D2.jpeg
The reason to get the sliding rear window is so the dog(s) can hang out of it.

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

WW Steve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Toyota Land Cruiser
Got the Mav off the lot. Came with moonroof and powered sliding rear window. All is good - crack the back of the moonroof and open the window. Very good ventilation and very little additional road noise.
SkeeterB! I lived in Texas for 8 years and as I recall there were two days each year I could "crack" a window - the seam between winter and summer (called spring in other states) and one between summer and winter (called fall in other states). Good for you! I'll be visiting my kids this summer in DFW and Wichita Falls - hope to road trip in my XL - late March build date.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For 19 yrs I'v put this kind of stuff in my tiny Hyundai Elantra (wrapped of course at the ends). I've hauled small trees & 8' lumber in my tiny car over the yrs, not ideal but hey it worked. I'm beyond thrilled to finally get a small pickup truck (hopefully by May) and give away my 19-yr old car (though still running strong).
At least you won't get as many weird looks by the loading guys at Garden Center with the Mav.

Ford Maverick Why I got the sliding rear window. Capture.JPG

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you got a sliding window so that you could carry trim in the same fashion you would if you had bought the escape instead? 😂anyways. Glad youre happy and have your truck

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve seen several people asking why, especially since it is small. Here is why, I could have hung it out the back, but this was in the bed with the tailgate closed.

DB870AF1-8380-4953-89C5-2683D74F57D2.jpeg
Our last three F-150s had sliding rear windows and we made great use of them just for this. Sometimes I'd close the tonneau with the one or two boards on top and snug the window against the boards and wifey held them steady inside.

DesertSweat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat, Honda HR-V 6spd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Straps and tailgate down.

The utility in the rear window though is to get rid of wind buffering. So if you're someone who loves windows down, the rear window is a must.
Sponsored