First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Chris, I have a dog and another to join us soon. It's actually a reason i'm getting this 4-door rig. What is a good brand of hammock to consider? And I'm contemplating dog restraints but don't use harnesses. Any experience with those?
Duluth Trading Scout hammock
Sponsored

Amakrida

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Duluth Trading Scout hammock

This looks like exactly what I was wanting. I think this is the move.

Im not 100% on those straps hanging off the "oh shit" bars. I have a 45 lb basset hound with the mass of a dying star. Feel like if she hung on that side somehow she's ripping those handles out.

But I really think this is the best thing I've seen so far. Thanks so much for recommending it!

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This looks like exactly what I was wanting. I think this is the move.

Im not 100% on those straps hanging off the "oh shit" bars. I have a 45 lb basset hound with the mass of a dying star. Feel like if she hung on that side somehow she's ripping those handles out.

But I really think this is the best thing I've seen so far. Thanks so much for recommending it!
I’ve had one for years. Wears like iron!

signtist00

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 F-150, '16 F-150, '05 Thunderbird, '18 Lincoln
Is there any benefit/use to it? Specifically the manual version. I've never had a truck, but it would seem useful in a single cab. I'm not sure what purpose it serves in a 4 door. I cant reach it from the drivers seat. lol

Is it big enough to be useful?

Are you ordering it?
I REALLY wish my regular cab F-150 had a sliding rear window! I have had occasion to haul moldings 12' long that will easily break if left out of the tailgate. Sliding back window is not available in a regular cab F-150.🤔

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Chris, I have a dog and another to join us soon. It's actually a reason i'm getting this 4-door rig. What is a good brand of hammock to consider? And I'm contemplating dog restraints but don't use harnesses. Any experience with those?
Hey Jimmy, I tried a restraint at first and my dog, black lab, chewed his way out of it!! Still not sure how, but I didn't try a second time. As far as a hammock, I just took the width measurement of my truck (F150) and searched Amazon and came up with this one . In case the link doesn't work it's NAC&ZAC New Version X-Large Hammock Pet Seat Cover for Trucks. I bought it in 2014 and it was still going strong 2017 after I sold the truck. So I'll be getting another one from them in a smaller size for my Maverick.

Sponsored

Abraxis

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra, forester, ranger, crx
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

FWIW, in the event of a collision, an unrestrained dog will still go flying, hammock or not.

I've used this
Ford Maverick Thoughts on the rear sliding window. Screenshot_20210714-115116_Amazon Shoppin

My dog doesn't really mind it and it makes me feel a lot better

ttthhasdf

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like you have to take them off to fold the seat back down flat.

MavEric

First Name
Easy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, 1950 Willys Truck
Great question! I currently have a manual sliding rear window in my gladiator, which I thought was necessary but I have yet to use it once as it is inconvenient/impossible to reach from the front seat. I did however spec it out on my current Maverick order, but I am now starting to question the practicality/wisdom of such an option.

ibapostal1

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, First Edition, Rapid Red
As others have said, they are great for ventilation.

I don't think a lot of people remember, or know the time when 25 to 55 mph air-conditioning was a standard option ...... And with a lot of us smaller, or 5 foot bed truck owners . It's better to run lumber, pipe, and other long stuff into the cab vs hanging out of the bed...with the possibility of bouncing, or flying out.
I thought that it was called 4-55 air conditioning....4 windows and 55 mph. :)

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there any benefit/use to it? Specifically the manual version. I've never had a truck, but it would seem useful in a single cab. I'm not sure what purpose it serves in a 4 door. I cant reach it from the drivers seat. lol

Is it big enough to be useful?

Are you ordering it?
I have the same question ..... My concern is that the rear sliding window will cut down on rear view visibility.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As others have said, they are great for ventilation.

I don't think a lot of people remember, or know the time when 25 to 55 mph air-conditioning was a standard option ...... And with a lot of us smaller, or 5 foot bed truck owners . It's better to run lumber, pipe, and other long stuff into the cab vs hanging out of the bed...with the possibility of bouncing, or flying out.
I remember on a couple my first cars, 65 Comet and 64 Falcon, had those little wing windows that you could swing open and vent air directly onto you! I always thought those things were a great idea, but I guess after A/C became more available the wings disappeared. :(

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I remember on a couple my first cars, 65 Comet and 64 Falcon, had those little wing windows that you could swing open and vent air directly onto you! I always thought those things were a great idea, but I guess after A/C became more available the wings disappeared. :(
I loved the little wing windows on my dads many 60’s mustangs. Just fun to have open anyway.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Requiring a $540 option, that's unrelated to the window, just to pay another $155 for the manual window is a B.S. move on Ford's part IMO. $695 for a manual window essentially. Maybe an aftermarket will come out cheaper than that. Might even be power for less than that!
I don't think it's unrelated. I believe the Co-Pilot360 is necessary because the window blocks some of your view out the back window. The cross-traffic part of the Co-Pilot360 helps in preventing crashes while backing up.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In my 1998 Ford Ranger Super Cab I ordered the "Flip Pivoting Quarter Windows" that are behind both doors in the Super Cab area. I loved them for both venting heat and getting good airflow. Only cost me $60 to add them.

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered it at the beginning but I see more cons vs pros.

Pros:
- Is cheap and you might need it one day, whatever the need might be
- Helps with venting
- Might be helpful when you have long items, but I don't know what fits through this tiny window
- I think when you have a dog, they will love it

Cons:
- Potential Source of noise/rattle/mold
- Obstruction of vision
- Nr. 1 access point for break in without damaging anything. Of course no one will fit through but they can easily put a stick and open the door.
- Manual is annoying
- I don't have a dog :)
- I really don't know why I need it!

Main reasons I removed it was obstruction of the the rear vision and safety
Sponsored