First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Crankshaft, not camshaft. And it was specifically due to a singular instance of the polishing tape on a journal finishing machine breaking.
Darnon, thanks for the correction and additional information. Was tired to double check the video again.

This is comforting will google polishing tape and journal finishing machine. Not sure about the breaking aspect of the machine going down and what they did.
Sponsored

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
still driving the 2004 with the 4.6 - purchased 1/6/2010 with 121,606 - If the Mav is half as good I will be satisfied
If I had not needed the 10K+ to tow my boat I would have picked the 4.6. That engine is much more reliable than the 5.4 Triton and I’d probably still have the truck. Good luck hope you can roll another 100K on the truck.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have almost 10k on mine. Zero problems. The only potential issue was the drill hole in the gas tank since mine came with the spray in bed liner. I had it checked during my oil change and mine was fine. Every car I've ever owned had some quirks. I would like a better radio... But for the price I paid, I'm good. This has been a solid truck for me and the EB engine carries me down the road just fine.

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This article has me worried, and I have not even got mine yet. EcoBoost 4k package. Couldent figure out how to link it, wall street journal on fakebook

Screenshot_20220820-192604_Samsung Internet.jpg
Just played golf with a friend that sells Fords. He has two issues. 1. No cars to sell. 2 The cars that are selling have recalls. Across the board Ford has quality issues with more than just one or two models.

OP
OP
Barracuda340

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have almost 10k on mine. Zero problems. The only potential issue was the drill hole in the gas tank since mine came with the spray in bed liner. I had it checked during my oil change and mine was fine. Every car I've ever owned had some quirks. I would like a better radio... But for the price I paid, I'm good. This has been a solid truck for me and the EB engine carries me down the road just fine.
I dont care so much on the radio. Looks like if I upgrade the speakers later on it will be fine for me. Every vehicle I owned I have run with stock speakers until they gave out. Most of my travel in this will be 9 miles each way to and from work. That short of a distance i could have done a hybrid, but I did not want the added complexity of a hybrid. The AWD appealed to me from the get go because of the way the winter snow removal is all but ignored here in west Texas. My job requires me to get to work regardless of the weather. Plus I lucked onto the ecoboost only Granger deal.

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can't help but wonder if the recent issues relate to their launching so many new models with the bronco, bronco sport, maverick and mach E. Also there are hybrid versions which include a significant number of unique parts to the point where it's almost like launching a different vehicle. The averages over time aren't bad except for the last 2-3 years.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I dont care so much on the radio. Looks like if I upgrade the speakers later on it will be fine for me. Every vehicle I owned I have run with stock speakers until they gave out. Most of my travel in this will be 9 miles each way to and from work. That short of a distance i could have done a hybrid, but I did not want the added complexity of a hybrid. The AWD appealed to me from the get go because of the way the winter snow removal is all but ignored here in west Texas. My job requires me to get to work regardless of the weather. Plus I lucked onto the ecoboost only Granger deal.
I agree, the radio is a minor thing. Over all, no problems with my Maverick. If I needed to by another vehicle it would be pretty high on my list for consideration.

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Geez, hire folks to monitor forums, social media, etc. and you will see problems quick.

Ford's biggest issue is not acting fast enough and notifying dealers. Folks here know more about issues than dealers.

A great example is when everything dies on a hybrid Maverick. Where is the recall or TSB?
Excellent point. I have educated myself here and on other websites as to what the issue is with our hybrid constantly going into "Deep Sleep" mode, and how to get out of it. Ford never published any how to's on the problem since they don't want to advertise that they have a software issue, and the dealerships often don't know it either. Ours is currently in the shop for the Deep Sleep issue but we'll pick it up this week and handle it ourselves until the software fix is issued. And note that most Ford dealers admittedly don't have people trained to deal with these hybrids. The honest ones will tell you that, so educate yourself from the people who know a lot here on this forum.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So far, only 2 issues (recalls) with my Maverick. The first one was fixed with a software update for my 4K towing package (brake controller for the trailer). The 2nd recall has not been fully announced yet...the side airbag. Otherwise I am extremely happy with my pickup!

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's important to keep things in perspective.

Here are the best and worst recall rates for vehicle manufacturers

1. Porsche, 531 recalls per 1,000 sold
  2. Mercedes-Benz, 624 recalls per 1,000 sold
  3. Kia, 788 recalls per 1,000 sold
  4. Tesla, 936 recalls per 1,000 sold
  5. Mazda, 955 recalls per 1,000 sold
  1. BMW, 1,196 recalls per 1,000 sold
  2. Hyundai, 1,266 recalls per 1,000 sold
  3. Honda, 1,307 recalls per 1,000 sold
  4. Chrysler (FCA), 1,422 recalls per 1,000 sold
  5. Volkswagen Group, 1,805 recalls per 1,000 sold
Interesting that German manufacturers are at the top of the list and at the bottom of the list.

But look at what you're talking about when it comes to real world metrics. If you buy a Porsche, there's a 50 percent chance you'll have a recall on the vehicle. If you buy a Volkswagen, you'll likely have to take it to the dealer twice to have a recall fixed.

This is not a if you buy a Volkswagen you're going to end up on the side of the road with the engine on fire situation.

Perspective is everything.

Sponsored

jons

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's important to keep things in perspective.

Here are the best and worst recall rates for vehicle manufacturers

1. Porsche, 531 recalls per 1,000 sold
  2. Mercedes-Benz, 624 recalls per 1,000 sold
  3. Kia, 788 recalls per 1,000 sold
  4. Tesla, 936 recalls per 1,000 sold
  5. Mazda, 955 recalls per 1,000 sold
  6. BMW, 1,196 recalls per 1,000 sold
  7. Hyundai, 1,266 recalls per 1,000 sold
  8. Honda, 1,307 recalls per 1,000 sold
  9. Chrysler (FCA), 1,422 recalls per 1,000 sold
  10. Volkswagen Group, 1,805 recalls per 1,000 sold
Interesting that German manufacturers are at the top of the list and at the bottom of the list.

But look at what you're talking about when it comes to real world metrics. If you buy a Porsche, there's a 50 percent chance you'll have a recall on the vehicle. If you buy a Volkswagen, you'll likely have to take it to the dealer twice to have a recall fixed.

This is not a if you buy a Volkswagen you're going to end up on the side of the road with the engine on fire situation.

Perspective is everything.
Where did this data come from?

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think all order holders should back out and wait 2 more model years. This will ensure no further recalls during their ownership as well as cut down on pointless forum posts. It’s a win-win. 😜

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This article has me worried, and I have not even got mine yet. EcoBoost 4k package. Couldent figure out how to link it, wall street journal on fakebook

Screenshot_20220820-192604_Samsung Internet.jpg
It seems almost all the problems are with the Hybrid model, I think its more a engineering issue not quality or workmanship issue you cant blame the people on the line for the problems there happening they didn't design the vehicle, that being said first year models always have some issues. I didn't get a hybrid for that reason BUT ford has been building hybrids for a while now so why the issues, did they try to cheapen up the Maverick to save money are they having these problems with the other hybrid models , I don't think so. MY ECO AWD LUX FX4 4K tow has been great so far 2500 miles in 3 months and no problems, are there things I don't like SURE but I got what I paid for. A hybrid is in my future maybe a year or two down the road Most of the bugs will be gone.