Sponsored

Glitchy Shizz - Has Your Maverick Display Done This?

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Me to!! This system is probably a good system but it’s having to many issues.I’ve rented other car /suv vehicles and I have to say ford did not do there homework. Mine quits playing,locks up, loosing my phone have to resync etc I’m sure it’s gonna get a update sometime soon but for now I deal with it 😞
Aside from the camera glitch, I've had weird stuff like the radio and everything stays on even after you open the door (happened twice) and the sonic-boom speaker explosion for no reason (speakers work fine.)

I'm more curious for the long-haul on this truck. This will make or break my relationship with Ford. Husband loves his F150, and when I look back at 2017 car pricing and what we paid for it, that thing is a financial treasure in today's market. Me, I still need convincing. The Maverick has big shoes to fill for me in terms of my next auto purchase.

However, much as I hate to admit that MY HUSBAND IS RIGHT...
Once you drive a truck, there's nothing else you want to drive.
Sponsored

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree that the radio is the weak point. Mine has not had issues with the rear camera but dropping connection to the phone or not recognizing my phone when plugged in is a continuous battle. I keep thinking there is a software upgrade that will fix it, but my software is up to date and still does the nonsense. It’s such a bummer as my truck is great otherwise.

smjones007

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My center display has been been great with no issues up until the last update, then it started losing my phone contacts making hands free calling a big issue. That was my only real complaint until last Friday when my center console screen went blank. I searched for a fix and found holding the power button and FWD button in simultaneously for 10 seconds seemed to fix it. However since that time, my screen seems to either be blank or frozen almost every time I start the vehicle The power button/fwd reset fixes it but it is really annoying to have to do that, especially when combined with the phone memory loss issues. Starting to second guess my vehicle purchase.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In yet another adventure of Why My Maverick's Radio Display Pisses Me Off...

I drive home every day from work to let my pup out at lunchtime. When I dialed into reverse today to leave, I got some weird error message about taking the truck in for Camera Issues, and then realized the reverse camera had frozen to show my neighbor's house and his two cars in the driveway. Because I was driving, I didn't have time to fudge around with the screen until I hit a stoplight. Hit last button near tuning dial and it gave me a black screen displaying time and cell phone signal info. Got back to work and restarted Maverick. All was good with the world again.

I guess I shouldn't complain too loud. The only glitches I've had with my Maverick have been radio related.
I have a question .....Is this a hybrid problem only???

ripperAZ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MachE 2021 Genesis G90 2032 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In yet another adventure of Why My Maverick's Radio Display Pisses Me Off...

I drive home every day from work to let my pup out at lunchtime. When I dialed into reverse today to leave, I got some weird error message about taking the truck in for Camera Issues, and then realized the reverse camera had frozen to show my neighbor's house and his two cars in the driveway. Because I was driving, I didn't have time to fudge around with the screen until I hit a stoplight. Hit last button near tuning dial and it gave me a black screen displaying time and cell phone signal info. Got back to work and restarted Maverick. All was good with the world again.

I guess I shouldn't complain too loud. The only glitches I've had with my Maverick have been radio related.
Those are typical electronic blurbs that occur and short out a screen or freeze a function they could be weather related. It could be static from you in the car. There’s 1 million things that make electronics fritz out. If it doesn’t happen again it’s just an anomaly. It appears your system did a hard reboot, which is the fix for it every time. Just imagine it was a Microsoft blue screen from 1998 and your car froze that didn’t happen so don’t worry about it.

Sponsored

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yesterday after backing out of my driveway and putting it in drive I noticed the back up camera was still showing up on the screen but frozen. I drove couple of minutes to see if it would clear up but it didn’t. The radio still worked but when I adjusted the volume or the temperature that image stayed on the screen. I reset it at my first stop and it’s been ok since.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Display problems are usually with the non/Sync 3 units - FYI
Sponsored