Sponsored

Has anyone gotten this clicking noise (not DI) fixed? Very common.

TacoTanium

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi All,

I picked up my 2024 Jan built Maverick (EB Lux XLT fx4 4k cp360) on March 1st and the very next day, it started to make this weird clicking noise. You'll have to turn up the volume to hear since. First it can only be heard when the engine is warm, now at 550 miles odo reading I can hear it all the time but the intensity is only a bit higher than at 120 mile marker. During idling when I rev up the engine it's hard to tell if the clicking gets worse or not since the engine noise grew louder with it.

It's the same clicking sound as in the 2nd video below but less intense, which is the same video as in the 2nd video of the first post in this thread.

Turn up volume to hear (if video doesn't work - also attached - I'll try to update it later).

I contacted the dealer I got it from and of course, you know the deal, they're very responsive before you buy it, now they're taking their sweet time. I'm going to try to keep at it since they might be delay these things as long as they can until the warranty is out. A friend is also having the same problem on his hybrid (plus more problems) from the same dealer and having trouble contacting all the dealers nearby as well.

From the thread mentioned above one user said it was the engine damper. So far it's pretty common especially the hybrids, but I don't hear much solution for it.

Does anyone have ideals or experienced this before and fix it? Can anyone ID the failing part?

I'm in MN south Minneapolis area, is there any good dealership that will honor their warranty?

I love the truck and want to keep it (of course lots of like and dislikes too) but Ford installing used parts or barely passing inspection parts is low balling everyone.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hi All,

I picked up my 2024 Jan built Maverick (EB Lux XLT fx4 4k cp360) on March 1st and the very next day, it started to make this weird clicking noise. You'll have to turn up the volume to hear since. First it can only be heard when the engine is warm, now at 550 miles odo reading I can hear it all the time but the intensity is only a bit higher than at 120 mile marker. During idling when I rev up the engine it's hard to tell if the clicking gets worse or not since the engine noise grew louder with it.

It's the same clicking sound as in the 2nd video below but less intense, which is the same video as in the 2nd video of the first post in this thread.

Turn up volume to hear (if video doesn't work - also attached - I'll try to update it later).

I contacted the dealer I got it from and of course, you know the deal, they're very responsive before you buy it, now they're taking their sweet time. I'm going to try to keep at it since they might be delay these things as long as they can until the warranty is out. A friend is also having the same problem on his hybrid (plus more problems) from the same dealer and having trouble contacting all the dealers nearby as well.

From the thread mentioned above one user said it was the engine damper. So far it's pretty common especially the hybrids, but I don't hear much solution for it.

Does anyone have ideals or experienced this before and fix it? Can anyone ID the failing part?

I'm in MN south Minneapolis area, is there any good dealership that will honor their warranty?

I love the truck and want to keep it (of course lots of like and dislikes too) but Ford installing used parts or barely passing inspection parts is low balling everyone.

Thanks in advance for any input.
Hi there! I can look into your Maverick's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Maverick's VIN?

bllgeary25

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've never heard that one?
However I do hear sounds like birds walking in the roof with engine off, just sitting chatting or surfing net, makes sounds for around 15 minutes. 2023 hybrid

HolyCarp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Cactus Gray XLT Eco AWD FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That sounds like a fan rubbing against something.

OP
OP
TacoTanium

TacoTanium

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That sounds like a fan rubbing against something.
Lol, I really hope that is it. Your right a loose fan can also make this noise but initially I couldn't hear it when on a cold engine only when warm or after driving for while. I'm thinking a loose fan will always make this noise no matter what.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like a fan or belt rubbing. I'm guessing you've done a once over yourself in the engine to see if anything is rubbing?

EDIT: As far as dealer responsiveness - you can schedule an appointment through the FordPass app so they can't push you off.

If you aren't satisfied with the service department there is likely another Ford dealer within driving distance who may be better.

I bought my Maverick at one dealership because of allocations but I drive 30 miles to another dealership because of their excellent service.

OP
OP
TacoTanium

TacoTanium

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like a fan or belt rubbing. I'm guessing you've done a once over yourself in the engine to see if anything is rubbing?

EDIT: As far as dealer responsiveness - you can schedule an appointment through the FordPass app so they can't push you off.

If you aren't satisfied with the service department there is likely another Ford dealer within driving distance who may be better.

I bought my Maverick at one dealership because of allocations but I drive 30 miles to another dealership because of their excellent service.
Yes, I've done that but it's still hard to pin point where it's coming since the intensity isn't so high, it's just blending in with everything else. Oooo.....didn't know we can book appointment through the FordPass app...thanks!
Sponsored