Sponsored

Glitchy Shizz - Has Your Maverick Display Done This?

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In yet another adventure of Why My Maverick's Radio Display Pisses Me Off...

I drive home every day from work to let my pup out at lunchtime. When I dialed into reverse today to leave, I got some weird error message about taking the truck in for Camera Issues, and then realized the reverse camera had frozen to show my neighbor's house and his two cars in the driveway. Because I was driving, I didn't have time to fudge around with the screen until I hit a stoplight. Hit last button near tuning dial and it gave me a black screen displaying time and cell phone signal info. Got back to work and restarted Maverick. All was good with the world again.

I guess I shouldn't complain too loud. The only glitches I've had with my Maverick have been radio related.
Sponsored

Josh_ua

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Ford EcoSport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine did something similar while driving. The screen went black and had an error about the camera and said contact dealer, the radio also made a really loud static pop. Turned the truck off, opened and closed the door, restarted and haven't had the issue since.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, just a random disconnect which seemed to have stopped since I updated thankfully. But of course, saying this, it'll happen again soon enough...

OP
OP
JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine did something similar while driving. The screen went black and had an error about the camera and said contact dealer, the radio also made a really loud static pop. Turned the truck off, opened and closed the door, restarted and haven't had the issue since.
No static pops...yet. These are glitches that are fairly insignificant in the broad scheme of things. Just hope the radio survives the long haul.

Sponsored

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

About a month after I got the truck, the camera froze while I was backing up in a parking lot. Since the image that was frozen was the car behind me, and about 3 feet away, I thought I had a couple feet to back up - nope. I ended up hitting the car behind me because of this! Luckly, I was going super slow, and it was bumper to bumper, so no damage. Hasn't happened since.

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

About a month after I got the truck, the camera froze while I was backing up in a parking lot. Since the image that was frozen was the car behind me, and about 3 feet away, I thought I had a couple feet to back up - nope. I ended up hitting the car behind me because of this! Luckly, I was going super slow, and it was bumper to bumper, so no damage. Hasn't happened since.
What is this camera you speak of?

I guess being a truck driver for over 30 years has me in the habit of only using my mirrors. It is nice when I go to hook my boat up to use the screen I have to admit, but that's about all I use it for.

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What is this camera you speak of?

I guess being a truck driver for over 30 years has me in the habit of only using my mirrors. It is nice when I go to hook my boat up to use the screen I have to admit, but that's about all I use it for.
The backup camera screen on the center dash froze. When backing, I look back and forth from the mirrors and backup cam/screen.

Sponsored

Steve Jones

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received the same message a few times. Try resetting the system. Mine went away. XLT Hybird.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Try rebooting the center screen.

Good luck...

Joliet Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JolietMike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own 2023 Lariat Eco...Ordered 2023/24 XLT HYBRID
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I drive home every day from work to let my pup out at lunchtime. When I dialed into reverse today to leave, I got some weird error message about taking the truck in for Camera Issues, and then realized the reverse camera had frozen to show my neighbor's house and his two cars in the driveway. Because I was driving, I didn't have time to fudge around with the screen until I hit a stoplight. Hit last button near tuning dial and it gave me a black screen displaying time and cell phone signal info. Got back to work and restarted Maverick. All was good with the world again.

I guess I shouldn't complain too loud. The only glitches I've had with my Maverick have been radio related.
Are you sure you didn't hit the dial knob. It shuts off the screen and changes screen to a different look? Off-clock-home screen.

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Me to!! This system is probably a good system but itā€™s having to many issues.Iā€™ve rented other car /suv vehicles and I have to say ford did not do there homework. Mine quits playing,locks up, loosing my phone have to resync etc Iā€™m sure itā€™s gonna get a update sometime soon but for now I deal with it šŸ˜ž

mdsalemi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A couple of years ago some old lady driving Mercedes was going real slow in front of my house. She stopped, backed up, stopped, went forward, stopped, went backwards, then stopped. I walked up to her at the end of my driveway and asked if thereā€™s a problem. She said yes, the screen on her car had frozen. She had stopped and started the car, and nothing was changing. I said turn the ignition off, open the door, close the door, and restart it. All problems disappearedā€¦ like the old album from The Police, A Ghost in the Machine. Iā€™ve had a few similar things in my Ford over the years, but thankfully not too frequently.
Sponsored