First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m beginning to believe Ford missed the target age for the new Maverick. Teens look take a second look. And daily I get people in their 60’s checking it out, asking questions, say they are looking to get one, even had one take a video. I myself am 54-3 weeks.
66 & ordered one
Sponsored

Uncartha56

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
I am 33 I put in a order for one, I love the post that said he got a Ranger in 1988…..I was born in 88 LOLZ

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2021 VW ID.4
I’m beginning to believe Ford missed the target age for the new Maverick. Teens look take a second look. And daily I get people in their 60’s checking it out, asking questions, say they are looking to get one, even had one take a video. I myself am 54-3 weeks.
This is true. My son didn't want a truck at all but based on the cost and mpg he just couldn't pass up ordering a Maverick over a Honda Civic and Mazda 3. He had to get on a call with his girlfriend to defend buying a truck. "Your destroying the environment!", "There is no reason to drive trucks!", "Your killing our future!" and other millennial speak without any idea what he was getting, how efficient it was, and how small it actually is. Millenial's are all about the Hyperbole without knowledge, data, or substance.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This happens all the time. It happened with the Honda Element, the Scions, the Kia Soul, etc. The kids can't afford the payment, even on the low priced cars, and when you are young you aren't seeing the practicality as a selling point, you typically want more flash or a certain brand. So the old timers swoop in and buy the value priced, practically designed cars.

When I was in my 20's I had a bright red Acura Integra. But in my 40's I recognized the genius of the Element, and now in my 50's see the value in the Maverick.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is true. My son didn't want a truck at all but based on the cost and mpg he just couldn't pass up ordering a Maverick over a Honda Civic and Mazda 3. He had to get on a call with his girlfriend to defend buying a truck. "Your destroying the environment!", "There is no reason to drive trucks!", "Your killing our future!" and other millennial speak without any idea what he was getting, how efficient it was, and how small it actually is. Millenial's are all about the Hyperbole without knowledge, data, or substance.
Goodness, perhaps he might want to re-think....

Nevermind. Maybe they're all like that.

Sponsored

Maverickgirl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree! I'm 62 and this will be my second small truck!

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Product and marketing people always target who they "want", but know it will attract a lot more. There is an old saying in the car business, "You can sell a young man's car to an old man, but you cant sell an old man's car to a young man" Just as the people at Buick.

Last edited:

Thumper477

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will be 70 in may.I am keeping my full size v-8 4x4 to tow heavy trailers.The Mav will become my daily driver.

OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is what I read.

Generally, these customers are younger than the average pickup owner, more diverse and more connected on a daily basis to friends, family and their vehicles.

In my region large truck drivers appear to be from late 30’s to mid fifties. Like I mentioned, all the interest seems to be late 50’s and up around here.

Sponsored

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
50 here...returning to small truck since 99.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

36, the Maverick will be my first new vehicle. All my previous vehicles (3) have been used.

The previous evaluation of younger users not being on forms is right, most will be talking on some more modern social media location. I'm an old fart at heart, I've always gotten along better with older people, so me being here makes sense. :LOL:

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

36, the Maverick will be my first new vehicle. All my previous vehicles (3) have been used.

The previous evaluation of younger users not being on forms is right, most will be talking on some more modern social media location. I'm an old fart at heart, I've always gotten along better with older people, so me being here makes sense. :LOL:
I’m 70,retied,and have one on order.its my retirement present to myself.didn’t want a big truck just to putt around town in,mustang gt wasnt made for old people but really wanted one.but my 99 lighting will take care of my douse of speed when i need it.just seemed the best gift to my self to go with all around.

Tpowers

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Hello. My maverick is in production with a build date of this week (11/22). I was able to view the window sticker as of 11/17. What are the next signs that I need to look for as to the truck being built ?

Benjamin94

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Sorry I'm late, I had to put down my fidget spinners and quit dabbing long enough to post this! 27 year old checking in (might be the youngest in the thread so far!). Can't wait for my first edition fully loaded RR hybrid as it will be my first ford, first truck, and first car payment (I am basically ford's wet dream in terms of target demographic). I gotta get back to my spinners to keep me occupied for the next 6 months of waiting for my truck to get built.
Sponsored