Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lionel Hutz : I'm going to let you in on a little secret. The right house car is the house car that's for sale. And the right person is anyone.

Ford is happy that everyone will buy the Maverick. Their goals were just to boost the sales in the younger demographic, and they have.

But another thing is interesting – the age of the Maverick buyers. More than one-quarter of them (over 25 percent) are 18-35-year-olds, that is, Millennials and Generation Z or zoomers. For comparison, the overall industry rate for this age group is 12 percent only.
Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is the same thing that happened when the Mini Cooper came out 20 years ago ... was totally targeted at young buyers marketing wise but majority of people that bought it were 40+ at the time.
Also happened with the Scion XB. The Scion brand was targeted at younger people. The XD however was a miss with younger people. Older people were buying them because they realized with the back seat down it was like a mini mini van and was great for hauling bags of mulch back from Home depot. There was also a wheel chair conversion where the ramp was fitted to the rear hatch area.

Vince30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Ford Maverick and some motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

HAL

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
I’m beginning to believe Ford missed the target age for the new Maverick. Teens look take a second look. And daily I get people in their 60’s checking it out, asking questions, say they are looking to get one, even had one take a video. I myself am 54-3 weeks.
I am 68 and have been wanting for this kind of small truck for years. We have been in SUVs for 20 years and will keep the CRV we have now but for a second vehicle the Maverick is perfect. It drives and rides like a car, I can load all of my garden and yard stuff and not worry about messing up the back. I ordered the hybrid model and that is just icing on the cake. I ordered as soon as I could on June 16. We will stay a one car family until it comes it. Definitely worth the wait even if it is March or April.
Hal

Sponsored

papak

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 74 and have been rebuilding cars for years. I've worked my way down from an F-150 to the current Nissan Frontier. Have a loaded Lariat on order. It's now my excuse to get an aluminum trailer to haul the Lotus when necessary. I've been waiting years for a manufacturer to fill this need.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Excellent point. I drive a 150, my wife loves her little Fiesta. I showed her the Maverick Pics July first and she said “I want it” and I ordered it July 2nd. It’s in production as of today. I see another Christmas Present under the tree for her;)
A fellow who knows how to go through life a happy man. 😉

Isoruko

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 f350, '90 rx7, '08 Commander, '21 trailblazer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Potentially. I'm at about the border for their Target demographic.
I'm 31, and this will be my second new vehicle. I ordered a hybrid, but live in the country. Always wanted a decent ranger or s10, but in the salt belt they don't exist for any reasonable price.
I have trailers, a big camper, acreage, and equipment that the Maverick can't tow, but I have a full "ha-ha bus" f350 diesel and a 5.7 hemi Commander for that. For the price, and the savings for driving my normal 50mi round trip commute to work, and the functionality to grab most stuff from home Depot I need for my home remodel, it pays for itself in gas savings and wear and tear on my expensive truck.
I think their marketing targets a demographic that they wouldn't normally win over with a truck, but many sensible people realize the value and capabilities that it provides, especially at it's price point

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think that they target an age to advertise to. I think the older generation will not be swayed by advertising. However, if they advertised to an older generation, it probably wouldn't sway them, but might make the car less appealing to the young 'ens. I hope that makes sense.

I hear you though. I keep thinking this would be GREAT for my older gardening mom. Easy step in height. Manageable driving size. Enough bed for plants. Affordable. I just think that the people that buy it for those reasons don't give a darn about tv ads.
Maverick is the US' "People Truck" - and that is one of it's best features- how widely adaptive it can be for so many different people and uses.

Sponsored

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Hello. My maverick is in production with a build date of this week (11/22). I was able to view the window sticker as of 11/17. What are the next signs that I need to look for as to the truck being built ?
Module codes being online...the tracker page has a link to the website. When the page populates with a huge list of codes, you know she's built. Ignore the download nonsense on the page.

CarlsRay

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 Lariat
I'm 35, but i also think ford is wrong with the ads,
they show you what they are for to carry plants, bicycles and small boxes.
I have a 1990 f-350, I had a Tundra 2003, a jeep Wrangler 1992 and a Toyota Hilux 2016(in mexico)
I think the maverick is for the one who realizes you don't really need a full 4x4 or a Super Dutty truck, for personal use and ligth duty, but you like the trucks.
I think currently the trucks are unnecessarily tall.
(i am towman with a f350 2020 for work)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 35, but i also think ford is wrong with the ads,
they show you what they are for to carry plants, bicycles and small boxes.
I have a 1990 f-350, I had a Tundra 2003, a jeep Wrangler 1992 and a Toyota Hilux 2016(in mexico)
I think the maverick is for the one who realizes you don't really need a full 4x4 or a Super Dutty truck, for personal use and ligth duty, but you like the trucks.
I think currently the trucks are unnecessarily tall.
(i am towman with a f350 2020 for work)

View attachment 43582

View attachment 43583
One of the reasons I wouldn’t consider a Ranger. Too tall. My Colorado was too.
Sponsored