Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
4WD also has 4K tow. The lower gear ratio of the 4K tow makes the difference.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All the reviews out there have to be carefully interpreted. Some reviewers say they love the ride, others say it's not so great. Then you look at the trims. One was AWD independent suspension. The other has FWD with the cruder suspension. Same for gear ratios. Same for noise level (does it have the noise insulation glass, etc). What did the truck weigh? Did they correct tire pressure to manufacturer specs? What tires were on each truck? The list of apples-to-oranges details is really long.

The only thing that matters is your opinion. Car reviews are fun fast food, but not particularly nutritious.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Imgonein60

Imgonein60

First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick 19 Bullitt 19 F150
All the reviews out there have to be carefully interpreted. Some reviewers say they love the ride, others say it's not so great. Then you look at the trims. One was AWD independent suspension. The other has FWD with the cruder suspension. Same for gear ratios. Same for noise level (does it have the noise insulation glass, etc). What did the truck weigh? Did they correct tire pressure to manufacturer specs? What tires were on each truck? The list of apples-to-oranges details is really long.

The only thing that matters is your opinion. Car reviews are fun fast food, but not particularly nutritious.
😂🤣

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lot's of unknown variables in this video, but common sense dictates better traction (& OEM torque management) and lower gears easily overcome the minimal weight difference of AWD vs FWD.

Prostate Heaven

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Didn't watch the video because I can already tell you the AWD with 4K tow is going to be faster.

If the intelligent AWD screen on the display cluster is to be believed the EB-AWD puts down power to all 4 wheels under hard acceleration unless you're well over 30MPH. Add in a difference in gear ratios and the AWD should win every time.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I'd imagine that an XL equipped with AWD and the tow package would be the fastest Mav around.
Better gears and less weight=faster acceleration.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting, that FWD model seems like a slug. My Maverick accelerates harder than that one, it will peel the tires in sport & tow & haul mode, not a peep out of this one. Maybe I just got a strong one. The acceleration of the Silver one is what I experience in ECO mode with the traction control on using 87 fuel. I am hoping to get to the track this month to make a couple official runs. I should probably invest in a smart camera & a draggy.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
4WD also has 4K tow. The lower gear ratio of the 4K tow makes the difference.
Could be octane too, I wonder if one is running 87 and the other 93. I found a Ford document a while back for another vehicle that uses the 2.0 ecoboost and Ford indicated it was around a 20hp difference IIRC.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any update on the Ecoboost vs hybrid runs?
Sponsored