Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mav only had 60 miles when I drove it the first time and it was kind of yikes. 2nd time two hours later - 58 degrees out it seemed much better.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While driving- Like zero insulation in the firewall+ noisy motor
I noticed there wasn't an insulation bleanket attached under the hood like most newer cars have in the Lariat FX-4 I checked out the other day. Also, the Edge I test drove with ECO 2.0 was really quiet inside motor wise until I stomped on it. Didn't pop the hood or anything on the Edge and don't remember what trim level it was.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I bought my 20 Ranger with the EB and the engine running with hood up it is a little noisy, I assume injectors because it was not a sound lifters make. Once I drove it I didn't really notice the noise and after a few hundred miles I forgot about it.

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I bought my 20 Ranger with the EB and the engine running with hood up it is a little noisy, I assume injectors because it was not a sound lifters make. Once I drove it I didn't really notice the noise and after a few hundred miles I forgot about it.
I had hood down while driving - noisy -)

rickon66

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2.0 Turbo
Our 2018 Edge 2.0 has a clatter when it first starts, the Ford dealer said it was the initial start up of the high pressure fuel pump.

Sponsored

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had hood down while driving - noisy -)
That’s why I drive with the hood up. Let’s all the sound out into the environment instead of letting it bounce around on the interior and chassis.

Ford Maverick Test Drive - Maverick 2.0 / AWD **UPDATE** 1633050382409

p.s: photo from top gear Bolivia special when they overheated (typical Range Rover), amazing episode.

Last edited:

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
That’s why I drive with the hood up. Let’s all the sound out into the environment instead of letting it bounce around on the interior and chassis.
1633050382409.png
That photo brings back a lot of childhood memories.

I was riding with my mom in an OLD 56 Ford sedan maybe 56 years ago. We were in Miami on 27th Avenue in front of Embry Riddle School when all of a sudden the hood flew up just like that photo. Talk about a scared rabbit. I thought we were going to die for sure.

Ehowe1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If anyone in the Salt Lake area wants to see it in person, feel free to message me. I would be more than happy to meet up.

Where are you located? Would love to see one, even though I’m waiting on the hybrid, would really love to see any of these, any trim level/power drive in person!

Sponsored

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry, I am the one that bought the Cactus Grey Lariat FX4.

I went down there just to see one in person and to compare the 2 trims. I have a Rapid Red First Edition on order but after seeing it and test driving it, I decided that I could not wait any longer. I could not be happier with my purchase. It is perfect for me and my needs and very comfortable.

I do not notice any engine noise, but that may be partly due to the differences in the 2 trim levels. I know the Lariat has acoustic glass and a few more creature comforts when compared to the XLT. I briefly test drove the XLT and thoroughly liked it, but as soon as I test drove the Lariat, I knew it was for me.
I bought a used Lariat AWD and I don’t notice the engine. Only noise I hear is tapping/ rattle in the dash. Have heard it’s the dash against windshield but to me it sounds like a wiring connector tapping against back of instrument cluster.
Sponsored