First Name
CaptainK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is the official Ford Accessory Tailgate Assist - Hydraulic.

I like it!

Pros: No more babying the tailgate down

Neutral: Installation was easy but the last bolt that has to be twisted inside the tailgate was a little tricky. Have a helper.

Cons-ish: A little slowish, not the F150 stock speed, but it’s new so it might get better. You have to remove the bottle opener,hook point.

Updated with another video (belonging to another member)

Ford Maverick Tailgate Assist hydraulic struts & custom bed mat on 2022 Maverick [video] ford maverick tailgate assist hydraulic struts 4
Ford Maverick Tailgate Assist hydraulic struts & custom bed mat on 2022 Maverick [video] ford maverick tailgate assist hydraulic struts 3
Ford Maverick Tailgate Assist hydraulic struts & custom bed mat on 2022 Maverick [video] ford maverick tailgate assist hydraulic struts 2
Ford Maverick Tailgate Assist hydraulic struts & custom bed mat on 2022 Maverick [video] ford maverick tailgate assist hydraulic struts 1

Update - the bed mat you see in the photo are actually two pieces of this exercise mat taped together with butyl tape.

https://www.menards.com/main/floori...6584011607.htm?tid=2735983253595367499&ipos=6

Ford Maverick Tailgate Assist hydraulic struts & custom bed mat on 2022 Maverick [video] 7655091

Updated with more bed mat details:

Awesome, thanks. More pics of truck bed and how you custom cut that mat. Looks great.

It was a process takes a moderate amount of layout skill. Took about 2-3 hours. I made templates out of thin cardboard. Then transferred to the mat. I used a Hultafors Talmeter to measure the internal spacing and transferred that to the mat to cut(box cutter plus sturdy scissors). Started with the middle mat as you can see with the dog picture. Marked the center of the bed and went from there. Next did each side piece and worked toward the cab. The curved parts were the most time-consuming. Sorry, I don't have more process picks. I just happened to be taking pictures of the dog. 😂 The mat is a pretty hefty material. Taped it together with butyl tape. It would take A LOT of force to puncture or tear. I had 3.5 leftover squares. Totaled about $45 in material cost.

Mid Progress.jpg
Bed Complete.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Bw4tt

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F250 work truck
Awesome! Thanks for the video! What bed mat are you using?

Reactions: wjg

Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm more interested in your bed mat; can you provide details?

Sponsored

Ty Whatley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bohican
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, Velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice! Definitely something I plan on adding to my Maverick when I get it. Would like to get a hood strut kit if they offer that too.
Ditto on the hood strut. Do not like prop rods.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I'm more interested in your bed mat; can you provide details?
I don't believe he has one. I think the White truck is his. The Top Picture is a stock photo put there by the Admin or system. Just my read on it.

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This might be a silly question but are there hydraulic dampers on both sides or did you only need one?

Video and install by @oreomuffin

This is the official Ford Accessory Tailgate Assist - Hydraulic :

Sponsored