First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone interested in instructions for use of this tire needs to read page 343 of the owner's manual. Very interesting items, like do not use it if you are towing. I guess if you are towing a boat or camper and have a flat you are SOL. Interesting that if you are using a "normal" tire of a different size you can go 70 mph. Enough from me, read it and decide it was worth "only" $115. I suspect most people ordered this tire. Let's just say 80%. 80,000 times $115 is a pretty good sum of money. Wonder what the percent of profit is on this item????
Sponsored

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesn't matter. This isn't the only example in the Maverick where Ford has deceived customers.

Lariat rear defrost? Not included.

Fullsize included in the Lariat Lux for EBs? Not included.

235 tire upgrade for free on the Lariat? Not included.
Well then go buy something else, bunch of whiners that look for every little thing they can. Get a life!

Pastor_Zatx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well then go buy something else, bunch of whiners that look for every little thing they can. Get a life!
Really, dude, stop defending Ford here. The order form clearly said “Full Size Spare”. There wasn’t an * next to it or even any fine print. I would naturally assume when I order the tow package that I would receive a spare that is capable of towing.

OP
OP
Rickydragon

Rickydragon

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 Eco AWD Lux Pack 4K Tow Shadow Black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It looks
Is this the "full size spare" in one or both pictures or the donut standard non-option tire. Does the "full size spare" say "For temporary use only"??
they ate
It is not whining when you see something like that and don’t know what caused it. I posted this article to find an answer to my concern not to whine. Don’t make fun of people who get concerned. Tires are a safety thing. They are kind of important to have safe ones.

Sponsored

Blkraven66

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In the US , a full size spare option is available on all models ( I have an XL) . I requested it . It was a $103 option.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really, dude, stop defending Ford here. The order form clearly said “Full Size Spare”. There wasn’t an * next to it or even any fine print. I would naturally assume when I order the tow package that I would receive a spare that is capable of towing.
I'm a Ford Fanboy and I agree with this. If you buy a vehicle that is designed for 4K towing it should have a spare to be able to tow what you have behind your truck. If something would happen.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm a Ford Fanboy and I agree with this. If you buy a vehicle that is designed for 4K towing it should have a spare to be able to tow what you have behind your truck. If something would happen.
It's a load index 100 tire. You could have 4 of them on and still be within the GVWR of the truck.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Might I ask why you pulled the tire down just to check for damage? This looks like a typical rubbing wear for the tire/frame for most pickup trucks with same mounting positions. I know some of the people never owned a “truck” before and some are just looking for complaining purposes, but I do understand the brochures were different and people ordered without seeing/sitting in or actually driving this new maverick. There’s a lot of things that weren’t as described or missing once in manufacturing (hence the dash cubby everyone sees, but was bigger display in original post)

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Dad always said it's best to bring along a complete set of full size spares..."

Ford Maverick Spare Tire Damaged Mav000000001
Sponsored