Sponsored

Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor?

TNFurb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco Sport OB ‘24 Mav Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would like the mirror option too, but, I’m just chicken about splicing into wiring. I know, I know, it’s easy. All of you that have done it say so. I’m just squeamish about messing up the electrical wiring with a mistake or accidentally tapping into the wrong one, accidentally totally clipping one etc. so, I’d rather go a plug and play route even if it is more expensive. And I haven’t noticed the issue with bright headlights in my rear view mirror like I thought I would.
Sponsored

TNFurb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

TNFurb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pictures?
Ok I have the part and have some pictures. Unfortunately it is not good news. So the Bronco Spot visor I ordered was part number N1PZ7804105GA. In my first pic below you can see the two visors. The one on the bottom I am holding is the new one that is the part for a Bronco Sport OBX. It is slightly longer than the original visor on my Lariat Mav. You can see the color is a match. However, even with the extra length, it still "fit" and would clip into the holder fine.

In the second pic is the part that creates the problem. The one on the right is the one from the original Mav visor. The one on the left is from the new one for the Bronco sport. The difference results in the visor being loose after it is fully installed and screwed in tight. The T20 Torx screw that holds it in is on the end closest to the windshield. Once screwed in, because the the slight difference in that curved part that loops in to the headline, that end is loose and wiggles around every time you flip the visor down or up. I imagine it would eventually wear and get even more loose and likely start rattling which would drive me crazy. So, I am hoping I can return this to the ford dealer I got it from. On the good news, it was very simple to install. It indeed was plug and play and the new visor got power to both the light and the homeland buttons. So, my other thought is I wonder if there is a version of the visor that is for a Bronco Sport with a sunroof. My BS doesn't not have a sunroof but my Mav does. I think when I was trying to find the visor I saw something that looked like there might be different version based on the presence of the sunroof. So I am going to research that further and if there is a different version I may try it and see if it matches and works. If so I will keep updating this.
Ford Maverick Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor? IMG_0413
Ford Maverick Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor? IMG_0414

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for the update, TNFurb. (y) I was interested in how it would work out.

I did like the plug and play part. Hopefully you can locate a better match.

TNFurb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for the update, TNFurb. (y) I was interested in how it would work out.

I’m going to take the original visor off again today and take some measurements and investigate a little further to see if I can get it to work and be solidly secured. I have a couple of ideas. I will update this thread again once I’ve looked at it further. I’ve not been able to find a different visor for the BS with a sunroof and with the home link yet. So still hoping I can make this one work.

TNFurb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I have good news. My idea worked. it is actually pretty simple. I took a plastic shim and cut the tip end off and then cut that piece in half and taped it onto the back of the visor where it slips up into the headliner. Pic is attached. It is now tight and works perfectly. I’ve also attached some pics of it installed in comparison to the passenger side visor. You can see that it comes back toward the drivers head further than the passenger side does. But it doesn’t bother me and I think it is hardly noticeable. Since the style of the visor matches the general shape and style of the passenger visor I think that it may even look intentional. You all can be the judge. But hope this helps others decide if they want to do this or not.

Ford Maverick Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor? IMG_0427

Ford Maverick Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor? IMG_0424

Ford Maverick Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor? IMG_0436

Ford Maverick Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor? IMG_0432

Ford Maverick Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor? IMG_0431

Ford Maverick Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor? IMG_0433

Ford Maverick Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor? IMG_0429

Ford Maverick Garage opener Homelink buttons for sun visor? IMG_0430
Sponsored