Sponsored

Sliding rear window. Did you order it for your Maverick? Is it useful?

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This will be my first truck and I own a station wagon where I can load 10' long pvc pipes or lumber in the vehicle.
How common/practical will be to insert a bunch of 2x6 through the open rear glass up to the dashboard? The sliding rear window area look small and fragile, and maybe even annoying / limiting the rear visibility.
Do you see a way to transport 12'-16' lumber during short trips to the hardware store without installing a rack?
Sponsored

todzilla- -

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
This will be my first truck also. I ordered mine with the sliding window primarily for my dog to stick her head through if she wants haha 🤦‍♂️ But I would think if it’s something fairly light the window would just fine.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered it. Easier now then wished I had it.

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't order it... I couldn't really think of a purpose to have it (for me!)

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The window is glass and I won't recommend loading more than two small items through this window at most. You break it and the whole rear window would need replacing - expensive! I have had them is the past and "only" used them as a pass-through, pet window or a vortex window vent (460 - four windows down, 60 mph).

Sponsored

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I didn't get it, I'd rather have the better view out of the back with the full window. Wish they did it like the sport trac explorer with the big middle window or like the 4runner/tundra with the entire rear window going down

OP
OP
Peps

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
exactly ..a ~10y old tundra (below) is where I saw it being used very effectivily for that purpose.
What Ford is offering is not worth for my needs I feel..
Ford Maverick Sliding rear window. Did you order it for your Maverick? Is it useful? 1627040468652

medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not interested. Back windows is a stretch anymore. Peephole is a better description. Since the window doesn't go down to the frame of the window anymore I would not put anything through the window with any weight. Unless you are buying top trim it is manual which would be ok if the truck was regular cab or extended cab. You could reach back and open it up with ease. At XL trim the window is even more dollars since you have to add the safety stuff.

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking of a hitch-mounted bed extender for long loads.
About $100.
Anyone have good or bad experience with one of these?
Ford Maverick Sliding rear window. Did you order it for your Maverick? Is it useful? t1

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The better ones are more than $100.00

Sponsored

technolithic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Ordered it. Good for some lacrosse sticks or fishing poles. Maybe a trim piece.

PapaNer

First Name
Ner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Veloster 2.0 Premium
I got the outlet in the cab so it would be nice to have the little sliding window to run a cable to the bed, but also I don't care enough to get it, haha. To me it's just another thing to break.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the outlet in the cab so it would be nice to have the little sliding window to run a cable to the bed, but also I don't care enough to get it, haha. To me it's just another thing to break.
I passed on the rear window....it would be a hassle for me to have to stop to get into the rear seat to open and close the rear window so opted for the electric sunroof. Can see the need for rear window is if one is getting the 120 amp electric plug (on the back of the console) and running sa power cord into the bed of the truck. Hole just looks too small for a dog to stick their head in. I already realize that the Maverick is not going to be able to handle lengthy lumber that my Honda Element can handle...but I always have a 8 foot utility trailer as backup. My Element's folding seats and rear window make it easy in hauling up to 12 ft 2x4's, etc. Also other pickups I had with rear windows tend to have leaks.

PapaNer

First Name
Ner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Veloster 2.0 Premium
I passed on the rear window....it would be a hassle for me to have to stop to get into the rear seat to open and close the rear window so opted for the electric sunroof. Can see the need for rear window is if one is getting the 120 amp electric plug (on the back of the console) and running sa power cord into the bed of the truck. Hole just looks too small for a dog to stick their head in. I already realize that the Maverick is not going to be able to handle lengthy lumber that my Honda Element can handle...but I always have a 8 foot utility trailer as backup. My Element's folding seats and rear window make it easy in hauling up to 12 ft 2x4's, etc. Also other pickups I had with rear windows tend to have leaks.
Ahh yeah that makes a lot of sense. I suppose coming to the Maverick after utilizing a full-sized truck it may be a little lacking. Hell, the only thing I'm hauling in my car is groceries, haha, so anything is an upgrade.

gdaniel1961

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didn't order it... I couldn't really think of a purpose to have it (for me!)
My Friend opens it on his F150 to let the hot air out after it has been sitting outside . When you start the truck and turn on your A/C , it will cool the Truck faster
Sponsored