TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the real risk to Ford’s potential and existing customer base for the Ford Maverick and other Ford products is Toyota and its Tacoma pickup which will be brought out as a hybrid and eventually a plug-in hybrid. No doubt a Tacoma hybrid would be much pricier than a Maverick hybrid, but Ford’s custs/potential custs may be willing to pay a lot more for perceived quality from Toyota and the fact that the Tacoma is a bigger truck (but not too much bigger).

Ford’s CEO needs to stand in front of a Ford Maverick and promise he will fix production problems with the supply chain of the Mav hybrid AND recommit Ford to hybrids. He also needs to figure out how to make money from hybrids.

Toyota is still betting on hybrids. Ford, using Toyota hybrid technology, should make the same bet. And Ford should get to plug-in hybrids asap. (Ford has experience with plug-in hybrids — Ford CMax for example.)

Finally, Ford should not think it has lots of time to address its Maverick problems and recommit to hybrids. No doubt GM and Ram will be slow to come out with a Mav competitor, BUT Toyota will not be slow.

These are my thoughts and I’m sticking to them.
  • You give Jim Farley too much credit. As if he can fix the problems with the supply chain. It is world wide across all markets.
  • "Ford should get to plug-in hybrids asap." The Escape (same platform as the Maverick) is a PHEV.
Sponsored

A Sturdy Beast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav XL Hybrid, Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My cancelled MY22 to MY23 rollover is a priority #2 (according to Ford Chat) and I have no build date yet.
XLT Hybrid with no added options.
Interesting. Today I called the voice line at 800 334-4375. I asked what my current priority code was, and the CSR told me that they don’t have that information.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last week I had XLT+400w inverter +4pin hitch scheduled for 1/16/23 week NOW This week it has been pushed to 1/23/23 week production! 🤗 Was a 10/26/21 order 22-23 roll over.
Good News??? This week got anticipated delivery date of 2/23/23!!!

Last edited:

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. Today I called the voice line at 800 334-4375. I asked what my current priority code was, and the CSR told me that they don’t have that information.
Pretty sure this has always been the case. Only the dealer can/will provide the priority code.

MrC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My cancelled MY22 to MY23 rollover is a priority #2 (according to Ford Chat) and I have no build date yet.
Up am also a priority 2 hybrid. No build date yet. 10/20/21 order. I’m just about ready to cancel this dumpster fire. I’m beyond tired of looking at posts, videos, trips to dealer, calling ford for the last year. I realize the constraints but really this is out of control. It’s been 30 years since my last Ford (new 92 explorer).

Sponsored

ka1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius 2014
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What site do you to chat with Ford special order site?

haleedog

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F150, 2016 Lincoln MKX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a cancelled Hybrid XLT 2022 rollover that was skipped over last week :( I was trying to get an estimate on how many others might be in my situation....

Is anyone else a 2022 rollerover at Priority #2 that DID NOT get an email, build date, Ford chat confirmation about scheduling?
I am in that boat

F-050

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Ranger, 13 Sentra, 79 Vette, 18 BMW320i
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a cancelled Hybrid XLT 2022 rollover that was skipped over last week :( I was trying to get an estimate on how many others might be in my situation....

Is anyone else a 2022 rollerover at Priority #2 that DID NOT get an email, build date, Ford chat confirmation about scheduling?
Haven't gotten squat from Ford. Absolutely terrible communications

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My experience has been that the phone reps will never give you a priority code, but the chat reps often have access to additional info and will.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My experience has been that the phone reps will never give you a priority code, but the chat reps often have access to additional info and will.
Yep. If you are nice on chat then they will pretty much tell you anything you want to know. I ALWAYS start my chat with "Hello (insert chat agent's name here). Hope you are having a good day so far."

Then I wait for them to say "Thanks for that" or "Hope your day is going well as well".

Only then do I ask any questions. Haha.

Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On yet another point we do not know how some programmer is handling the file system. So maybe if the program is trying to place a XLT with a hitch and you have removed one, then maybe yours gets missed because it cannot get a match and moves on to next dealer? One of those what if this or that unknowns. I never added or dropped anything from my two XLT orders one with LUX plus 3 things and one without LUX plus 2 things. One with LUX is in my garage and backup order without LUX ordered two months later was scheduled last week for 1/16/23 week production.
Hope you right as I didn't remove the hitch yet. I really want it and know i could ad the uhaul one for 250 bucks (self install) easy enough. I don't need the 4 pin plug as I want it for ladder type bed extender which I don't need lights. Still debating on if to remove the hitch.

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure what many posters mean by "I have heard nothing from Ford".

I gave my dealer an old dial-up era e-mail address with my order and never received a confirmation from Ford. When I asked the dealer, they indicated Ford had rejected my email as fake. I gave them my Gmail address and received a confirmation in a few hours.

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure this has always been the case. Only the dealer can/will provide the priority code.
I have always, except once, been able to get the priority code using Ford chat.

Jordon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: XLT Hybrid, Carb Gray, Lux Pkg, Mats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I am in the same boat. Order date October 9th, 2021. Did not get an email last week and talked with chat and they confirmed I do not have a build date scheduled.

Tricky Dicky

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Taco (deceased)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Yeah, we’re in the same boat. Pri 2 since July 22, then rolled over. In limbo at 19. Again.
I think we need a bigger boat?
Sponsored