First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 23 ford Maverick xlt lux w 360 removed lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I emailed my contact at the dealer (dEaLeR sAiD) to see if he has any insight. I've honestly been considering adding the Lux package back on since it doesn't seem to be constrained (I dropped it a month ago). Just not sure.
I did the same thing, but I’m seriously thinking I should put the lux package back on.

ForeverWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer must have been out of allocations then. Because all of our priority 2s got scheduled for us.
My dealer finally provided me with an update and said that they had more allocations for January than Maverick's that were actually scheduled. He said they had 7 Mavericks scheduled but did not say whether they were cancelled 2022's, rollovers, or new 2023 orders. I guess it's still an issue of constraints then. Really thought I would get a January date as a cancelled 2022.

PKev

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have an EB, keep the hitch. It might take a little longer, but the EBs should all be built. Order volume grossly under capacity.
I’m very new to this forum. How you know about the order scheduling. I’m not doubting you, I’m just want to understand how and where you get this information. Thanks.

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They will continue to schedule within dealer allocation based on priority code and capacity.
Are they totally done for January, or still going to be bits and pieces getting scheduled this week?

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
My dealer finally provided me with an update and said that they had more allocations for January than Maverick's that were actually scheduled. He said they had 7 Mavericks scheduled but did not say whether they were cancelled 2022's, rollovers, or new 2023 orders. I guess it's still an issue of constraints then. Really thought I would get a January date as a cancelled 2022.
Surprised that it didn't scheduled. All of our canceled order except for one (but it had a good reason) got scheduled this week but we only had 17 canceled orders and had 43 allocations available.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m very new to this forum. How you know about the order scheduling. I’m not doubting you, I’m just want to understand how and where you get this information. Thanks.
Several reputable dealerships provide regular updates from Ford via dealership memos. About a month ago, we were given fairly solid numbers concerning the order volume compared to capacity. That was enough to give people who ordered EBs the confidence to mostly keep what they ordered. But it raised the specter that Ford had way too many hybrid and hitch orders than capacity.

At the time, the math made the hitch constraint a wash as proportionally, most of the hitch overage is taken up by the hybrid overage. Ford's inability to meet all of the hybrid orders will take care of a lot of the hitch orders they wouldn't be able to complete.

That's why I have been of the opinion that everyone should just keep the hitch. If you are an EB, it will be built eventually based on the capacity to orders. But if you are a hybrid, the engine is going to be the bigger hurdle anyway.

But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if your dealership doesn't have any more allocations.

Skandren

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2022 F150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have done some digging around. I think this hitch constraint is limited to standalone hitches. So, basically, there is nothing different from the last time they scheduled. Hopefully, they will migrate the cancelled VINs on 11/30 so they will be available for scheduling on 12/01. But it appears the same constraints we had last time are in play again.

The basis of my conclusion follows.
This is from a memo back in August related to Maverick constraints:
1669669449225.png

This is from the price guide:
1669669490185.png

This is from the order guide (it is included in the XLT lux and Tremor packages as well):
1669669624995.png
I was told it was the 4k hitches

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
nothing stays the same. I expect Ford to get it together as the issues are resolved.

Sponsored
OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was told it was the 4k hitches
The 4K hitch is the same hitch. The 4K package includes a 7-pin connector, gear ratio changes, and engine changes. They only mention "hitch." As they are scheduling 4K packages and there was no notice to dealers the 4K package was overbooked, I highly doubt the 4K package itself is the problem.

Skandren

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2022 F150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 4K hitch is the same hitch. The 4K package includes a 7-pin connector, gear ratio changes, and engine changes. They only mention "hitch." As they are scheduling 4K packages and there was no notice to dealers the 4K package was overbooked, I highly doubt the 4K package itself is the problem.
Just going by what I was told by Ford. I checked today with the dealer and The 1 800 number on my truck, I was told there was no constraints on my truck. I ordered the 2023 Hybrid only addition was the Hitch. I asked my dealer if I should get rid of the hitch. He said it was only the 4K hitch packages. So who knows.

PKev

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Several reputable dealerships provide regular updates from Ford via dealership memos. About a month ago, we were given fairly solid numbers concerning the order volume compared to capacity. That was enough to give people who ordered EBs the confidence to mostly keep what they ordered. But it raised the specter that Ford had way too many hybrid and hitch orders than capacity.

At the time, the math made the hitch constraint a wash as proportionally, most of the hitch overage is taken up by the hybrid overage. Ford's inability to meet all of the hybrid orders will take care of a lot of the hitch orders they wouldn't be able to complete.

That's why I have been of the opinion that everyone should just keep the hitch. If you are an EB, it will be built eventually based on the capacity to orders. But if you are a hybrid, the engine is going to be the bigger hurdle anyway.

But at the end of the day, it doesn't matter if your dealership doesn't have any more allocations.
So, given I have a 2023 Hybrid XLT order, with Lux package in the hopper from the 1st week the 2023 order lines were open, are you saying my chances of getting that car in the 2023 build year are exceptionally poor?

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, given I have a 2023 Hybrid XLT order, with Lux package in the hopper from the 1st week the 2023 order lines were open, are you saying my chances of getting that car in the 2023 build year are exceptionally poor?
That's what I'm hearing. I ordered on Sept. 16th. My 4runner is running good. (290,000 miles) I think it will hold up while I wait for the MY24 Maverick hybrid. Might even be some good changes by then.

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Coin flip.

These are rough numbers from about a month ago.
Assumptions:
  1. Ford capacity numbers assumes Ford only builds the 77,800 remaining order slots and not a truck more.
  2. Capacity numbers are based on the announced capacity percentages against that 77,000. So, 35% capacity for hybrid against 77,800 trucks equals a capacity of 27,230.
  3. Lux packages and add-ons are distributed proportionally amongst EB and Hybrid (excluding Tremor, which is EB only).
  4. Anything not in this list was not determined to be such a constraint that Ford didn't even bother mentioning it.

Ford Maverick Maverick Scheduling Week of 12/01/22: All of January 1670280035210
Sponsored