Sponsored

Received my Maverick today - wrong door panel/handle (not complaining!) Better Pics

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Apologies upfront and I, of all people, appreciate the humor in this situation, but this kind of quality oversight is unacceptable from ANY vehicle manufacturer. If something this obvious yet non-functioning-critical to vehicle operation can be missed all the way to delivery, what else might be lurking that was "missed"? Quality is Job 1 ?
I believe this has happened quite a few times on a range of Ford products. I know a fairly recent full size Bronco was delivered to the dealership with different colored seats from the factory. I think you're right and when they run out of something rather than just stop the production line they just put in what they have and send it figuring the dealership will take care of it.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well today was my day - finally took delivery of my Maverick just about 10 months after order. Couldn't be happier 😁

So far, only one minor problem/warranty issue that I missed at dealer is that all my door handles don't match! For some reason, Hermosillo decided that I didn't want all of my door handles to match on my lariat, so they threw in an orange one for fun on the drivers rear door 🤣 Can't complain, at least finally got my Maverick.

Anyone else experience this? Will it be an entire door panel replacement or just the handle 🤔

2022-05-04_21-04-39.png
My concern would be if they put an entire XLT door assembly on your Lariat. Are there other differences than just the interior door panel? Painted mirror and door handle? Power window, one touch feature, lux package options, Etc... Might be a Johnny Cash "One piece at a time" edition.

OP
OP
dennish

dennish

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat :-)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is just me, but I would have had a laugh about it and never get it replaced or thought about it again.
Probably the safer option at this point :)

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You know,, it's not a big deal.. but if they can make mistakes like this, they can also mismatch something else we can't see.. like a wire, a screw, a bolt size, things that could go unnoticed until it fails.

only explanations i see..
they keep hiring new employees, too much extra overtime , they are under pressure, or simply they ran out of the panel they need, and could not stop the line so they had to push your unit out for delivery with a quick fix. in their mind the destination dealer would just have it changed later.
stuff like this is why they offer 3/36 warranty. I would take that issue over a safety recall any day :)

XLTLUXCG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia - soon to be XLT Maverick
Well today was my day - finally took delivery of my Maverick just about 10 months after order. Couldn't be happier 😁

So far, only one minor problem/warranty issue that I missed at dealer is that all my door handles don't match! For some reason, Hermosillo decided that I didn't want all of my door handles to match on my lariat, so they threw in an orange one for fun on the drivers rear door 🤣 Can't complain, at least finally got my Maverick.

Anyone else experience this? Will it be an entire door panel replacement or just the handle 🤔

2022-05-04_21-04-39.png
thats bizzare!! part constraint LOL

Sponsored

KHut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Sportrac, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty funny, no doubt. BUT, I would demand it be replaced. Over the long haul, you'll get tired of the elephant in the room lack of quality control...

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You definitely have a 1 of 1 vehicle. Imagine having a 1 of 1 classic Mustang? Leave the panel, park it & never drive it, wait 30 years, beat the ADM game. 😄

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Way-2-funny but get the replacement

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That would bug the heck out of me, and it does make you wonder how something like that even happens?

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats!
Yes the whole panel. Look carefully you will see the main panel with the orange handle (from XLT) is also whiter than the bronze main panel.
Yes I forgot the “navy pier/blue” is same on all trim levels but the inside were different xlt has the specs and lariat’s do not so the whole panel incorrect needs replaced
Sponsored