First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to hear from anyone who purchased their Maverick from Crossroads Ford of Apex. How was the closing experience? Any attempts by the sales people or financing department to upsell? E.g. paint protection, extended warranty, etc.
Sponsored

Mojorayy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally scheduled today.

2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/ Moonroof - Hot Pepper Red
2021/07/08 Order placed at Chapman Ford of Horsham
2021/07/19 Color changed from Cactus Gray to Hot Pepper Red
2021/07/24 Added moonroof
2021/12/02 Scheduled
2022/01/31 Week of scheduled build

Ford Maverick Raleigh/Triangle NC Dealership Maverick Tracker 1638468833339

Last edited:

Row Jimmy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger XLT
Finally scheduled today.

2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Luxury w/ Moonroof - Hot Pepper Red
2021/07/08 Order placed at Chapman Ford of Horsham
2021/07/19 Color changed from Cactus Gray to Hot Pepper Red
2021/07/24 Added moonroof
2021/12/02 Scheduled
2022/01/31 Week of scheduled build

1638468833339.png
Congrats, hope you love it. Is this a Hybrid or Eco?

Mojorayy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

VetteNZMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got my build date, 1/31/22... has anyone done a Chapman to Capitol Ford Raleigh NC CD? If so how was it? Thanks.

Sponsored

Mojorayy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Already rescheduled, moved up a week.

Ford Maverick Raleigh/Triangle NC Dealership Maverick Tracker 1638536108477

Bigcanoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4, Ford F150
Engine
Undecided
I am interested in getting a Maverick. I am all over the place on what model to get. I tried to order a hybrid but told I was too late. At this point I am just watching local inventory to see when if I can find one I like, or I may order a EB, or I may wait until Summer and order a hybrid...decisions.

So far I have talked via email to Leith in Wendel and Crossroads in Apex and Wellford Harris in Siler CIty.

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
I'd like to hear from anyone who purchased their Maverick from Crossroads Ford of Apex. How was the closing experience? Any attempts by the sales people or financing department to upsell? E.g. paint protection, extended warranty, etc.
Crossroads Ford tried to upsell me on my wife’s bronco sport with a mandatory protection package but that was existing inventory and not ordered. If you look at crossroads existing inventory they have a disclosure on their web page. See below. Three things from that stand out a $699 admin fee, $59 electronic fee and BS $697 package, which for me crosses the line. Also, beware of Ford standard rates!

“All prices and payments are on in-stock units, plus state tax, tag & title fees, $699 dealer administrative fee, $59 electronic filing fee and a $697 dealer installed package that includes Ford Protect Surface Care and Ceramic Window Tint. Manufacturer incentives may vary by state or region and are subject to change. Monthly payments and prices may vary based on incentives, program eligibility, credit qualifications, residency & fees. For Crossroads priced NEW vehicles and Crossroads Courtesy Demos, you must have a 2012 or newer trade in. For Diesel Super Duty Offers, you must have a 2012 or newer Diesel Trade in. For both offers you must finance with Ford Motor Credit Company at standard rates to receive all discounts. The dealership and the website provider are not responsible for misprints on prices or equipment.”

Crossroads was a real turnoff, so I drove out to Cloniger in Hickory for my wife’s Bronco Sport. I’ve tried a number of times to get together on price for existing inventory at Crossroads on non-mavericks. This included insisting on full price for a demo ranger, $2k away from fair tradein value and no surprise we were always too far apart. Crossroads may be okay with custom orders, dunno for my maverick order I’m giving Leith Ford a try. We’ve ordered parts, had service done and they seem like nice folk at Leith. They all try to upsell on loan rates, so come in pre-approved by your bank and let them beat the rate. The only dealership worse than Crossroads was Capital Ford, who you should avoid like the plague!

Last edited:

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
Also, this is the one disclosure on Leith Ford’s website: *Sales price excludes tax, tag and $698 administrative/documentary fee.

Bigcanoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4, Ford F150
Engine
Undecided
Doc fees are bad enough but the mandatory packages, that's terrible. Thanks for the heads up!

Sponsored

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
is anyone else‘s Maverick sitting at Poe, VA? Mine has been there since November 10. My dealership doesn’t see any indication that Ford has stopped the shipment but United Road Services (Poe) told me that a Stop ship order is in effect for the vehicle. Leith Wendell says there is another order stuck in Petersburg but that is just because of trucking issues.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Pretty sure orders in Petersburg will be handled at some point, just dealing with the trucking industry issues, I guess.

It's odd. I had a long drive yesterday, and saw multiple trucks full of BMW's driving down towards Raleigh, as I headed out to Davidson.

All in due time. I just hope it's this weekend, like scheduled.

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
is anyone else‘s Maverick sitting at Poe, VA? Mine has been there since November 10. My dealership doesn’t see any indication that Ford has stopped the shipment but United Road Services (Poe) told me that a Stop ship order is in effect for the vehicle. Leith Wendell says there is another order stuck in Petersburg but that is just because of trucking issues.
XLT, Ecoboost, Lux, FWD.
Built: 10/6
Shipped: 10/8.
Arrived by rail in the destination city (Poe Lot, Petersburg, Virginia) on 11/1.
Original Delivery ETA: 11/3-11/9
Then: 12/15
Then: 12/31
Then: 11/25
Then: 12/15
Currently: 12/25

Crossroad Ford, My drop ship dealer is 1-1/2 hour away from the current lot the vehicle is sitting since 11/1.

Also, when checking the shipping log for the shipping company, The LAST Maverick shipped from this lot was on 10/26/21.

Ford Maverick Raleigh/Triangle NC Dealership Maverick Tracker Last Maverick form Poe Lot 2021-12-13

Ford provides No Reason! Believe me, I’ve called everyone.

Last edited:

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
Based on automotive news articles, it is looking more and more likely that the trucks at Poe and other lots around the country are awaiting chips. To keep the assembly line running as smoothly as possible, Ford sends chips first to production and if any are left, puts them in built vehicles sitting in remote lots. We could be waiting for a long time.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid is on its way to Crossroads Apex. Just got the shipped email this morning. I've heard the shipping estimates are conservative (sometimes they arrive early) but it looks like if it shipped today or the past few days, 3 weeks is a realistic timeline. Anyone have personal experience of shipped email to delivery time to Triangle area or NC in general?

Ford Maverick Raleigh/Triangle NC Dealership Maverick Tracker 1639662796055
Sponsored