Sponsored

Multiple reservations/orders? What is you plan?

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As of today, I have two reservations/orders for the same vehicle with a local dealer and Chapman with courtesy delivery.
Looking at the recent scheduling I realize that prioritization scheduling has some elements of randomness. (i.e. few very recent orders are right away scheduled).
Does anybody else have multiple orders still standing? What is your plan for it? To wait for which one gets scheduled first?

Does anybody know as a fact if this negatively impacts the prioritization for the scheduling of the vehicle? I am thinking of canceling one soon.

I initially reserved the maverick through a web application at a local dealer. After joining this forum I learned that the ($100 refundable) reservation was not an order, and "wasted" 2 weeks before the reservation was converted into order (on 7/27).
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As of today, I have two reservations/orders for the same vehicle with a local dealer and Chapman with courtesy delivery.
Looking at the recent scheduling I realize that prioritization scheduling has some elements of randomness. (i.e. few very recent orders are right away scheduled).
Does anybody else have multiple orders still standing? What is your plan for it? To wait for which one gets scheduled first?

Does anybody know as a fact if this negatively impacts the prioritization for the scheduling of the vehicle? I am thinking of canceling one soon.

I initially reserved the maverick through a web application at a local dealer. After joining this forum I learned that the ($100 refundable) reservation was not an order, and "wasted" 2 weeks before the reservation was converted (on 7/27).
Hopefully I'll get something in a reasonable time frame.

Last edited:

silvy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could this thought pattern, ordering multiple units and hoping at least one gets picked, actually be hurtful to those ordering one and waiting there turn. What if all three that you ordered get picked for production?

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could this thought pattern, ordering multiple units and hoping at least one gets picked, actually be hurtful to those ordering one and waiting there turn. What if all three that you ordered get picked for production?
Then the dealer has a vehicle on the lot to sell.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
A dealer getting a hybrid to sell off their lot due to a canceled order doesn't do much for the people waiting for build dates.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a hybrid. If, for some reason, my current ride dies before I take delivery, I hope I'll be able to get an XLT AWD, or SC SE AWD off a lot somewhere.

The hybrid is what I really want, but if I'm gonna have to compromise our of necessity, I still want one of these pickups.

OP
OP
Peps

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I initially reserved the maverick through a web application at a local dealer. After joining this forum I learned that the ($100 refundable) reservation was not an order, and "wasted" 2 weeks before the reservation was converted into order (on 7/27).
I just called Ford and I asked about my order (800.334.4375).
The lady assisting me was able to immediately find the order from Chapman (and gave me the order number) however she only found the reservation for the initial reservation with the local dealer.
So basically I have only 1 order with Ford. The dealer with my initial $100 refundable reservation fee has not pushed the order. I can not believe that.
A bunch of amateurs why would they not push the order through, I called and emailed and was assured they placed the order.

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just called Ford and I asked about my order (800.334.4375).
The lady assisting me was able to immediately find the order from Chapman (and gave me the order number) however she only found the reservation for the initial reservation with the local dealer.
So basically I have only 1 order with Ford. The dealer with my initial $100 refundable reservation fee has not pushed the order. I can not believe that.
A bunch of amateurs why would they not push the order through, I called and emailed and was assured they placed the order.
I know it doesn't help you but there is a lot of that happening.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Seems, like your new order cancels your old order......so I’ve cost myself two weeks because my old dealer wouldn’t return calls.
oh well

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I called Ford to determine if they can give me some idea when my order will be scheduled. The rep just confirmed my order being placed and gave me a 4 digit order number. Does anyone know if I can use this number and get additional info?

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called Ford to determine if they can give me some idea when my order will be scheduled. The rep just confirmed my order being placed and gave me a 4 digit order number. Does anyone know if I can use this number and get additional info?
Sorry, the order number gets you nowhere without a VIN.
Join the club:confused:
Sponsored