Sponsored

PCL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline (stopped waiting on Maverick)
GloFo is the Hyundai of the foundry industry. They may have spare capacity since nobody uses them. Their lithography is in the stone age still on 28nm last I checked. They don't have money to chase tsm or Sammy down to 5nm. That's where your latest iPhone and Samsung ships are built.
A) They're on 12/14nm.
B) I'm VERY comfortable with that node size for automotive. A mature node is one that can have well-developed specialty processes for things like heat tolerance and longevity.

You don't want a gaming PC in your center console. Cutting edge nodes couldn't handle a summer day in a car parked outside.
Sponsored

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sure.... Building a truck in Mexico where there have never been pilgrims.
Labor Unions are like banks, Green Leaf Day is a holiday, part of the reason vehicles are so frickin expensive, even though a computer driven factory could go until it breaks.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never quite understand factories getting holidays off, Christmas sure but I've worked a ton of shitty jobs in my life and none of them ever got holidays off except sometimes Christmas and even then it wasn't a given.

I'm not saying like screw these guys or anything but I'm just surprised at the quality of employment at Ford apparently.
I can't speak for Ford here, but I have family members that work for John Deere. They use the time-off during the year-end holidays to do extended maintenance to their plants.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No Maverick scheduling will take place next week as plants will be closed for Thanksgiving.

2022 Ford Maverick production scheduling 11:22.jpg
Could you post the URL to this information? It would be interesting to watch for myself and others might like to track it as well. Thank you.

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Last edited:

Sponsored

Taco

First Name
clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Could you post the URL to this information? It would be interesting to watch for myself and others might like to track it as well. Thank you.
WELL, THAT MAKES SENSE, CLOSED FOR THANKGIVING IN MEXICO?

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No scheduling this week doesn’t matter. It isn’t like they will make less trucks because they didn’t schedule any this week. Let’s be thankful this thanksgiving and not worry about when the truck will come. Happy holidays everyone!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I've seen (and I hope to be proved otherwise) Ford really didn't do much scheduling on 11/18! I thought there was supposed to be 3 weeks worth of scheduling done on 11/18 and it seems like only a sprinkling of a builds were passed out! To me 11/18 was a big let down!! The only positive I saw on 11/8 was those that were scheduled were mostly hybrids and some June/July orders.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My last email from Ford stated build the week of 11/22. Because of the lack of emails from Ford I have the dealer email me a snapshot of the "Vehicle Visibility" report on Saturday's because Ford updates this form on Friday's.

Well another Friday has come and another pushback on the Build Date.

I have gone from Build Week of 11/8 to 11/15 to 11/22 and now 11/29. There is also a Build Day of 12/4 (Saturday) specified which is in the 11/29 Build Week. I hope that is just an end marker and gets pulled into the 11/29 Monday - 12/3 Friday range.

Ford Maverick No Maverick Scheduling Next Week (11/22) Scheduled to Week of 11-29 and Day 12-04.JPG

rknrbt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never quite understand factories getting holidays off, Christmas sure but I've worked a ton of shitty jobs in my life and none of them ever got holidays off except sometimes Christmas and even then it wasn't a given.

I'm not saying like screw these guys or anything but I'm just surprised at the quality of employment at Ford apparently.
That is because U.S. Ford plants are all union plants. I worked 30 years in one of those plants and appreciated the paid holidays that the union won for us over the years. A lot of 10-11 hour days are scheduled so the downtime was something to look forward to.

Sponsored

rknrbt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We are scheduled for build next week too. Hope we don't get an email.
Mine is scheduled for production next week, too after 2 prior build weeks moved back. I never received an email from Ford to alert me my vehicle was in production but when I did the tracking of it is shows in production. I called my salesman and he said his info shows it completing production on 11/23. Lariat hybrid, ordered 6/12.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

joeh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Ranger, Cobra - Jeep Wrangler
I think what I have learned from reading this string is that in addition to religion and politics, Maverick scheduling is a topic to be avoided at Thanksgiving dinner....

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm wondering, since it says no scheduling this coming week, if that means they are closed all week or do they finish up the scheduling that wasn't done the 1st part of the week? I'm hoping so, because mine was to be built last week and I haven't receive either an email ( saying it's built) or a movement on the tracker saying its built. I did however get my computer modules populated on the motorcraft tracking site. Of course everything is so different for Hybrid orders compared to Ecoboost orders!
Sponsored