Sponsored

Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Well with no scheduling next week and the plant shut down also I should have expected the dreaded Ford email would come which it did telling me the news that my production date is again pushed back another week to 11/22 :(
I hear ya! I just another push back for the third time now 12/6, started with 11/15, 11/22, 11/29, 12/6.
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hear ya! I just another push back for the third time now 12/6, started with 11/15, 11/22, 11/29, 12/6.
Amazing how often this meme works

Ford Maverick No Maverick scheduling next week 11/1 E1CC03E5-BDA9-44AC-9E14-AA4B008FA9AC

Ih8thew82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT LUX Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm still convinced the problem with todays workforce is the hourly wage. If you're going to get paid $10.00 per hour to make one or a hundred hamburgers, you're going to make as few as you can and still make $10.00 regardless of the number produced.

If they paid workers by the numbers they produce (properly, without issues) they'd be making so damn many we couldn't order them fast enough.

I'm in favor of performance based pay. In the case where the employee is restricted by the numbers they are able to make, then pay them based on performance with a little extra due to issues outside their control.

We would have had out Mavericks back in June and July had this been the case.

Just my opinion.
That could be true for a simple piece work assemblyman but this assembly line is too intertwined with robots, subassembly steps, and cooperative teams to be pushed to excessive speed. Better to reward them for fewer defects and consistent performance which keeps the line moving at the designed rate. IMHO.

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Economics 101:

In manufacturing there are fixed and variable costs.

Fixed costs remain the same, regardless of the amount produced. ex: Leases, insurance, interest, security, salaries, property taxes, fixed contracts ect.

Fixed costs rarely change since they must be paid if the factory produces zero units or 10,000 units a month.

The higher the fixed costs, the more revenue needed to break even.

Variable costs increase when production increases and decreases when production decreases. ex: raw materials, utilities, hourly wages.

Ford has an hourly dollar figure for what it costs to keep a plant or production line shuttered. It is an astronomical amount. i am certain that the plant will be shuttered as few hours as possible.

Sponsored

willyboy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
several
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That could be true for a simple piece work assemblyman but this assembly line is too intertwined with robots, subassembly steps, and cooperative teams to be pushed to excessive speed. Better to reward them for fewer defects and consistent performance which keeps the line moving at the designed rate. IMHO.
Actually, Sgtlip may be correct. One of the reasons Henry began using the assembly line was the speed of production even with building errors. His reasoning(very simplified) was if he could build 12 units with one discard for flaws in the same time he could build and sell 9 units at say $100.00 profit each, he was $200 ahead of building the 9 perfectly.

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In July i ordered a lariat hybrid with lux package. In September i purchased a escape titanium hybrid, when my truck comes in i can buy the truck and sell the escape (loss at most 3K based on 300.00 per month per kbb pricing), i could keep both since i paid cash for the escape or buy the truck and sell it over MSRP.
i love my escape but time will tell.

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got bumped from 11/1 to 11/8 and just got another email bumping me to 11/15 :(

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
“Clean up” was last week, and this week no builds?
Ford Maverick No Maverick scheduling next week 11/1 BB3974D5-113F-4FFA-8365-2A8AA2CE25CF

Sponsored

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ive had a build week of 11/1 since 9/10.
dealer wrote me 10/29 and said i have build date of 11/4.
this morning my window sticker link works, but the other info hasnt updated in the ford build link.

KRae

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kareena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki SX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ive had a build week of 11/1 since 9/10.
dealer wrote me 10/29 and said i have build date of 11/4.
this morning my window sticker link works, but the other info hasnt updated in the ford build link.
I have had a build date of 11/1 since 9/2. Got an email Friday night which said mine got moved to 11/15.

Mine does not have a window sticker yet, but if I were you Id expect it to be built next week at the earliest. Good luck, hopefully it is built soon!

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
“Clean up” was last week, and this week no builds?
Probably not building (m)any the week December 27th. Guessing next week would be Jan 3rd and 10th scheduling. I saw someone got rescheduled to the 3rd but don't recall seeing any moved to the 27th.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I can't be the only one to have figured out the pun in the announcement that Ford will give us a "goodie bag" for waiting so long to get our orders.
Q. - What's Ford doing for customers who've had orders delayed?
A. - Giving them FITS! 😂
I would have preferred a larger radio screen ! ;)

OldMavGuy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well with no scheduling next week and the plant shut down also I should have expected the dreaded Ford email would come which it did telling me the news that my production date is again pushed back another week to 11/22 :(
I agree that is frustrating, however at least you have gotten an email from them. I ordered and got the order confirmed email. That is it. I'm guessing I could get it for Christmas---2022.
Sponsored