Sponsored

Flat Tooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
I'm still convinced the problem with todays workforce is the hourly wage. If you're going to get paid $10.00 per hour to make one or a hundred hamburgers, you're going to make as few as you can and still make $10.00 regardless of the number produced.

If they paid workers by the numbers they produce (properly, without issues) they'd be making so damn many we couldn't order them fast enough.

I'm in favor of performance based pay. In the case where the employee is restricted by the numbers they are able to make, then pay them based on performance with a little extra due to issues outside their control.

We would have had out Mavericks back in June and July had this been the case.

Just my opinion.
Nah the problem is folks don’t get paid enough. Punishing people for potential mistakes isn’t a solution. You’re just making sure people are even more stressed while they work. If you want proof go to a clothing store where folks work on commission and see the quality work being done.
The solution is and always has been to pay people more.
Sponsored

KoreanMan

First Name
Jun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Ford has still been producing the hybrids right along, they just haven't been cleared to ship from the factory.
I placed my XL hybrid order with only addition of spray in bed liner on Oct 8. My dealer mentioned I’ll get it somewhere between 8-12 weeks from order date. Do you know how long it’s been taking other people to receive their hybrids?

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No scheduling but will they still take orders? Submitted an online order this Saturday the 30th of October hoping to get in before the November hybrid deadline, the dealer said they would submit it yesterday the 1st but I haven't gotten anything from Ford. Am I boned?

kpregan34

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Buick Rainer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed my XL hybrid order with only addition of spray in bed liner on Oct 8. My dealer mentioned I’ll get it somewhere between 8-12 weeks from order date. Do you know how long it’s been taking other people to receive their hybrids?
From what I've seen here, the hybrids won't start shipping until early December once the EPA work is done. Although it seems fairly random who get's scheduled, there are folks that have had trucks on order since June. 8-12 weeks seems extremely optimistic.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No scheduling but will they still take orders? Submitted an online order this Saturday the 30th of October hoping to get in before the November hybrid deadline, the dealer said they would submit it yesterday the 1st but I haven't gotten anything from Ford. Am I boned?
You can't order online. You made a reservation. A dealer has to turn that into an order. If the dealer doesn't contact you (they typically jump right on these reservations), then contact them ASAP. Ford will stop taking orders for Hybrids soon. If you want an Ecoboost, no hurry.

Sponsored

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can't order online. You made a reservation. A dealer has to turn that into an order. If the dealer doesn't contact you (they typically jump right on these reservations), then contact them ASAP. Ford will stop taking orders for Hybrids soon. If you want an Ecoboost, no hurry.
Thanks, meant reservation. Was thinking about changing order to another dealer, I don't think the guys I went with know what they are doing with online factory orders. I had to call them to find out what was going on and was told that 'they do the paperwork after the truck comes'.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nah the problem is folks don’t get paid enough. Punishing people for potential mistakes isn’t a solution. You’re just making sure people are even more stressed while they work. If you want proof go to a clothing store where folks work on commission and see the quality work being done.
Hourly or salary? Nope. The problem with that is then people become clock punchers who's goal is to log hours. You have to make their goal quality work. A well tailored bonus system based on clear metrics is a good way to do that. Commission based pay is ok if your goal it so motivate them to maximize sales dollars but quality goes out the window. Big fan of metric based bonuses.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In July i ordered a lariat hybrid with lux package. In September i purchased a escape titanium hybrid, when my truck comes in i can buy the truck and sell the escape (loss at most 3K based on 300.00 per month per kbb pricing), i could keep both since i paid cash for the escape or buy the truck and sell it over MSRP.
i love my escape but time will tell.
OK.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ummmm What? What lack of quality have you ever witnessed at a clothing store where people were getting paid commission? What output were you expecting that you did not receive? Such an odd statement to make. FYI, most of the people working in such stores are not on any type of Commission but are in fact hourly. Very few departments/stores offer any type of commission. Do you have any concept of the razor thin margins these stores run on? Of course not. Do you have any idea how small the window is when a retailer can sell a product at full price and thus maximize profits? No of course not. That is the problem with people who keep demanding employers just pay more, they have zero idea how any of this works.

That said, just build my truck and take my money already Ford!

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, meant reservation. Was thinking about changing order to another dealer, I don't think the guys I went with know what they are doing with online factory orders. I had to call them to find out what was going on and was told that 'they do the paperwork after the truck comes'.
Yeah, that doesn't sound promising. You were probably dealing with a nucklehead salesman. The sales manager should know what a retail order is and how to submit it. You could try calling and asking for the sales manager.

Sponsored

CrazedHoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Eco
I'm still convinced the problem with todays workforce is the hourly wage. If you're going to get paid $10.00 per hour to make one or a hundred hamburgers, you're going to make as few as you can and still make $10.00 regardless of the number produced.

If they paid workers by the numbers they produce (properly, without issues) they'd be making so damn many we couldn't order them fast enough.

I'm in favor of performance based pay. In the case where the employee is restricted by the numbers they are able to make, then pay them based on performance with a little extra due to issues outside their control.

We would have had out Mavericks back in June and July had this been the case.

Just my opinion.
I work in a factory that assembles medical supplies, and we get raises/bonuses based on our product production rate. We also only get paid $15/hr to make $5,000 medical devices. People drop things on the unclean floor ALL the time, look around to make sure no one sees them, and put it right back up on the table with clean product. Processes it as normal. Getting paid based on rate is a TERRIBLE idea for quality control. Just pay people a good wage, and increase it every year for loyalty, and just keep up with the cost of living, and everything will be fine. Our company is actually failing because it can’t keep employees because of the low wage, and customers are upset because of the poor quality of materials.

Vewdu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Ummmm What? What lack of quality have you ever witnessed at a clothing store where people were getting paid commission? What output were you expecting that you did not receive? Such an odd statement to make. FYI, most of the people working in such stores are not on any type of Commission but are in fact hourly. Very few departments/stores offer any type of commission. Do you have any concept of the razor thin margins these stores run on? Of course not. Do you have any idea how small the window is when a retailer can sell a product at full price and thus maximize profits? No of course not. That is the problem with people who keep demanding employers just pay more, they have zero idea how any of this works.

That said, just build my truck and take my money already Ford!
Piece work/commission/flat rate is by far the absolute worst way to pay someone if you expect quality. Why? Because more work logged = more money, so if I can cut corners to get something done faster that isn't in the customers best interest, I don't care because it's more money for me.

As someone that just transitioned in their trade from non-union to union, you can bet your ass I take a lot more pride in what I do now that I make a good hourly wage and have a pension package + full benefits. The whole conception that unions protect lazy workers has so far proven to be entirely untrue. The lazy ones stay on the hall call list and are rarely ever seen on sites because contractors refuse them. Everyone i've worked with, personality traits aside, have been solid and either eager to learn or a walking encyclopedia of knowledge.

Pay people a wage they can live and thrive on; in return they will deliver the performance and product employers wish for.

I've worked in the automotive industry from technician, to logistics, to the person that works with engineers and helps design + build the very lines that build the cars. Manufacturers are the ones to blame for margins with the ungodly amount of material and labour time they waste in the initial build phase of a line. I'm talking hundreds of thousands, into the millions for some companies just thrown in the dumpster on a whim. Who ultimately makes up that loss? The consumer. If an employer can't pay their workers a liveable wage, they don't have any right to be running a business. Trying to bring overseas sweatshop work ethic to the very place that benefits from it, is truly something to behold.

/rant.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Piece work/commission/flat rate is by far the absolute worst way to pay someone if you expect quality. Why? Because more work logged = more money, so if I can cut corners to get something done faster that isn't in the customers best interest, I don't care because it's more money for me.

As someone that just transitioned in their trade from non-union to union, you can bet your ass I take a lot more pride in what I do now that I make a good hourly wage and have a pension package + full benefits. The whole conception that unions protect lazy workers has so far proven to be entirely untrue. The lazy ones stay on the hall call list and are rarely ever seen on sites because contractors refuse them. Everyone i've worked with, personality traits aside, have been solid and either eager to learn or a walking encyclopedia of knowledge.

Pay people a wage they can live and thrive on; in return they will deliver the performance and product employers wish for.

I've worked in the automotive industry from technician, to logistics, to the person that works with engineers and helps design + build the very lines that build the cars. Manufacturers are the ones to blame for margins with the ungodly amount of material and labour time they waste in the initial build phase of a line. I'm talking hundreds of thousands, into the millions for some companies just thrown in the dumpster on a whim. Who ultimately makes up that loss? The consumer. If an employer can't pay their workers a liveable wage, they don't have any right to be running a business. Trying to bring overseas sweatshop work ethic to the very place that benefits from it, is truly something to behold.

/rant.
What does that have to do with commissioned retail sales people?

DNGRZON

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Subaru Crosstrek, '18 Subaru Forester
There will be no Maverick production scheduling next week.

2022 Ford Maverick scheduling 11:1.png
For those of us that were scheduled 11/15 and were already pushed back to 11/22, should we expect an additional delay because of this?

If it matters, mine is a 2.0, not a hybrid.

DNGRZON

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Subaru Crosstrek, '18 Subaru Forester
I got bumped from 11/1 to 11/8 and just got another email bumping me to 11/15 :(
I have not been getting emails at all for updates. I know they have my correct contact info because I've spoken with the help line a few times. What gives?
Sponsored