First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with this, and also agree that a late-model Camaro is one of the worst.

I am not sure why anyone would buy a Maverick without copilot 360 if they highly value that feature. I do, however, sometimes see complaints from people who want the blindspot monitoring system to audibly chirp. that is such an annoying feature on vehicles that have it, but I guess some people like it enough to want it on their Maverick?
i have no problem with visibility out of the truck( have copilot 360)......i would like a front camera as i've become used to it on my wifes 23 explorer st.....

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

YES, Maybe buy a CONVERTIBLE???? :rolleyes:
jeep gladiator actually is a convertible truck. :unsure: awesome visibility with the top down / off, horrible visibility with the roof on it. absolutely terrible gas mileage and driving experience with that solid front axle and recirculating ball steering. :LOL:

Paulyz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I find the side and rear visibility is terrible on my 23 Maverick XLT. I bought “off the floor”, and some of the niceties weren’t included. Can I get any of the, at least, side collision warning system to add after the fact, third party? And would it require forscan programming? Thanks for any guidance.
In my opinion the visibility is very good in my Maverick. I set side mirrors a little away from side of truck & with those little mirrors on them I haven't any blind spots.

bajesus8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Civic LX, 09 Camry Hybrid, 22 Mav Hybd Lrt Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually, I HAVE More Issues with the "Front A" Pillars, than the rear view.
Especially when I stop the same time another driver does. :confused:

Jerry

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
In my opinion the visibility is very good in my Maverick. I set side mirrors a little away from side of truck & with those little mirrors on them I haven't any blind spots.
Ah mate, you have one of those special utes, must be nice 😉

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This problem on a 1 to 10 scale:
1 being ideal and 10 being terrible…
Is about a 3

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I want my binky, I want an AMC Pacer, I want the Maverick to be a car not a truck, I want life to be perfect.

Sheese, the Mavericks are about the best small truck out there, I had a Chevrolet Luv truck and a Nissan XE, single cabs that were cramped and not very practical, I was to cheap to get the king cab for the XE, both trucks were manual transmissions. I'm thinking the Chevrolet S10 might have been a good compromise but I had the S10 Blazer which was very comfortable with good visibility but the mechanicals were crap.

My Maverick is a year old and I'm LOVING IT! 14,400 miles in the first year, traveled to Maine and back this summer from Florida, thinking of a SE trip next summer and Ohio early Sept 24 for Reunion, very capable for towing small camper.

Better visibility than driving an International Harvester Load Star refrigerated Box truck that I drove for three years doing Local Deliveries in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties, quit yer whining

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
I want my binky, I want an AMC Pacer, I want the Maverick to be a car not a truck, I want life to be perfect.

Sheese, the Mavericks are about the best small truck out there, I had a Chevrolet Luv truck and a Nissan XE, single cabs that were cramped and not very practical, I was to cheap to get the king cab for the XE, both trucks were manual transmissions. I'm thinking the Chevrolet S10 might have been a good compromise but I had the S10 Blazer which was very comfortable with good visibility but the mechanicals were crap.

My Maverick is a year old and I'm LOVING IT! 14,400 miles in the first year, traveled to Maine and back this summer from Florida, thinking of a SE trip next summer and Ohio early Sept 24 for Reunion, very capable for towing small camper.

Better visibility than driving an International Harvester Load Star refrigerated Box truck that I drove for three years doing Local Deliveries in Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties, quit yer whining
Totally agree 👍👍👍
I had one of the last year models of the Ford Ranger, reg cab with a 2.5 and a 5 speed. I really liked it but used to think🤔 “man all this truck needs is a turbo”.
Then bingo, turn the clock a head a few years (a lot of years) and bingo, now I have a much roomier, better handling small Ford truck with a turbo and awd (just wish it was a reg cab)🤪
As much as I liked my Ranger there is absolutely no comparison between the two.

Sponsored

A Sturdy Beast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav XL Hybrid, Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

2lbgill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLTHybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I find the side and rear visibility is terrible on my 23 Maverick XLT. I bought “off the floor”, and some of the niceties weren’t included. Can I get any of the, at least, side collision warning system to add after the fact, third party? And would it require forscan programming? Thanks for any guidance.
Your seeing things I'm not, no problem here.Try a 4" cushion. :cool:

Last edited:

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

move your mirrors out.
You should just BARELY be able to see any of the truck in the left one if you move your head close to the window. You should just BARELY be able to see any of the truck in the right one if you lean over the center console.
You are EXACTLY correct on how to use mirrors. My 2023 XLT drivers mirror looks like it wants to pop out of the housing when adjusted properly. Not sure why manufacturers don't make mirrors the way they should be used. I guess they want you to look at your own vehicle while driving down the road.

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You did sit in it and test drive before buying it right? Maybe this isn’t the vehicle for you? Im not blind spot monitoring or other items would make you few more comfortable or confident.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
As far as I can tell, all modern cars have terrible rear visibility. (and really, terrible visibility in general) This is usually attributed to safety regulations. The rear visibility is lost while adding rollover protection, and much of the front visibility is lost due to the same, and due to stashing airbags in all the pillars. Try driving a 1998 F150. It's got far better visibility than anything out there.
72 Gran Torino Sport (had one, just like Clint’s)
65-73 Mustang fast back
67-…….El Dorado
Continental MKIII
Barracudas with the small back window.
Corvette
Early 60’s Ford, Chevy, Dodge pick ups with the small back window and vans with no side windows.
Actually, too many to list, ALL with much worse visibility. Many cars had only one outside mirror, some on the front fender/fenders.
Sponsored

Last edited: