Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLTHybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My XLT 2022 Maverick with 12,500 miles in odometer already have a rusty hood. How is that possible when it sleeps indoor? I am taking it to the dealer because is under factory warranty. But why what kind of a lousy paint job this cars come with?
Federal Regulation covers five years on a new vehicle no rust ..... Mdfg's problem
Sponsored

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have heard of hot metal from sparking railroad wheels landing on paint and causing a “rust spot “. Could this be the cause?
Rail dust needs a paint correction

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Paint sucks, rear visibility sucks, tracker sucks, XL seats suck, the screen sucks, CV axles suck, shitty plastic interior sucks, the insulation sucks, the engine noise sucks, Ford dealers suck (true story), everything about the Maverick sucks....

They should have just called it the Maversuck.

Can't believe Ford can't keep these things on the lot.
OMG. With the exception of allocations (and hybrid), you've just summed up an all three years of the entire MTC forum in a single post!

Luthinator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Mav. Lariat Hybrid & 23' Ford Explorer XLT+
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's a protectant layer. Anything that would have sat on your paint (tree sap, plant fallout, rail dust, bird poo, etc.) will instead sit on the ceramic coating. It would do nothing for rock chips. That would be paint protection film, or ppf.

You did not make a mistake by opting out. You definitely do not want the dealer doing this. You want a vetted shop doing it. It's also "never too late" to have the truck ceramic coated. A quality coating and application will be in the $2K range, somewhat depending on your area. I wouldn't trust anything much under $1500 if you get to shopping around.
I was looking around for help on this one. I thought this might be the place to bring it up. The dealership I bought my Mav at has an outside detail shop that does their ceramic coating. I had them do that. 1 week after picking up my truck, I have tree sap all over the hood and roof. What can/should I use to remove it without harming the ceramic coating? I know I need to use a soft cloth like a microfiber. but what method would be best??

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Resurrecting a Troll post about an aluminum hood rusting to ask about tree sap removal...

Try car soap and your microfiber towel first.
Sponsored