First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT - Lux Pkg & CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
picture or link of said device? my in laws have trouble with car seats for my niece and nephew, but a snap doesn't seem like it would be rated to carry the weight like the hook and strap. could it unsnap when loaded?
Ford Maverick MY23 Maverick XLT Visibility sucks! snap hook1
Available from most hardware stores or Amazon or Ebay.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I haven't had a problem with the one I have like this. If that won't work for them then this should work from Amzon: https://www.amazon.com/SEAT-BELT-EX...TuzoJBxeNTqz2TM411SFB7i3JMeQEbrhoCchwQAvD_BwE
the extender seems a lot more up to the task. if you really like the clip type, I'm sure there are many climbing-rated carabiners that might not be specifically rated for use as a seatbelt, but they definitely are rated for safety harnesses.

all carabiners aren't equal. there are many that are just made to connect keys or something similarly lightweight, and shouldn't be used for heavy loads like holding a carseat in a crash.

Reeder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with this, and also agree that a late-model Camaro is one of the worst.

I am not sure why anyone would buy a Maverick without copilot 360 if they highly value that feature. I do, however, sometimes see complaints from people who want the blindspot monitoring system to audibly chirp. that is such an annoying feature on vehicles that have it, but I guess some people like it enough to want it on their Maverick?
I agree, my last vehicle would shudder & brake when going round a slight bend in the road as lane keep sensors thought oncoming vehicles were in my lane!! I also would try the sensitivity when no cars in sight and it wouldn't detect I was going out of my lane. I prefer to use my eyes, turn my head and mirrors. Also, how do so many people on this forum not know how to adjust interior and exterior mirrors to get better view?

Sponsored

BluegrassNbass

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No issues here on 23 XL
Even have in channel window visors installed. And windows tinted.

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I find the side and rear visibility is terrible on my 23 Maverick XLT. I bought “off the floor”, and some of the niceties weren’t included. Can I get any of the, at least, side collision warning system to add after the fact, third party? And would it require forscan programming? Thanks for any guidance.
There are 3 things, first put those little stickons on the outside rearviews, second see if you can get an oversized inside rearview from Amazon, third remove the rear head rests if you don't need them (ie no rear passengers). Lastly , be very careful and check your blind spot. Good luck.
Sponsored