First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find the side and rear visibility is terrible on my 23 Maverick XLT. I bought “off the floor”, and some of the niceties weren’t included. Can I get any of the, at least, side collision warning system to add after the fact, third party? And would it require forscan programming? Thanks for any guidance.
Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Try driving a Late model Camaro.

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That doesn’t really help me.
Well if you can't see out of the Maverick windows, I'm not sure anyone can help you. Only thing you can try is removing unused headrests. Nothing else will improve your vision out of it.

Last edited:

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well if you can't see out of the Maverick windows, I'm not sure anyone can. Only thing you can try is removing unused headrests. Nothing else will improve your vision out of it.
I did that long ago. It DID help

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
move your mirrors out.
You should just BARELY be able to see any of the truck in the left one if you move your head close to the window. You should just BARELY be able to see any of the truck in the right one if you lean over the center console.

Sponsored

Derwood

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derwood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick and Kia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find the side and rear visibility is terrible on my 23 Maverick XLT. I bought “off the floor”, and some of the niceties weren’t included. Can I get any of the, at least, side collision warning system to add after the fact, third party? And would it require forscan programming? Thanks for any guidance.
If you dislike your new Maverick visibility you'd absolutely HATE it in my now wife's 2019 Buick Encore. The back windows are very small and very dark tint so it's almost total reliance on mirrors and the backup camera. Maybe that's why I have no complaints about sight lines in my new 2023 Mav. Lol

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you dislike your new Maverick visibility you'd absolutely HATE it in my now wife's 2019 Buick Encore. The back windows are very small and very dark tint so it's almost total reliance on mirrors and the backup camera. Maybe that's why I have no complaints about sight lines in my new 2023 Mav. Lol
I personally find the Maverick visibility to be pretty good.

DangerZone484

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: Ford Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Try something like this maybe? I'm thinking about getting one myself. Maverick visibility isn't as good as other vehicles I've driven, but it's not bad.

ICBEAMER 10.6" Car Rear View Mirror, HD Blue Tint, Panoramic Wide Angle Convex Surface, 2 Interior Retractable Rubber Clips, Anti Glare, Automotive Accessories Universal for Truck, Car, SUV, 1 Pack https://a.co/d/iHj0ygL

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I personally find the Maverick visibility to be pretty good.
I agree with this, and also agree that a late-model Camaro is one of the worst.

I am not sure why anyone would buy a Maverick without copilot 360 if they highly value that feature. I do, however, sometimes see complaints from people who want the blindspot monitoring system to audibly chirp. that is such an annoying feature on vehicles that have it, but I guess some people like it enough to want it on their Maverick?

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's very normal. Very average in the Maverick.

Nothing substantially different or limiting about it.

Coming from a more "premium" vehicle, you may feel it is worse.

IDK 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nothing worrisome in mine.
Sponsored