First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What question did you think you were asking?

I mean, look and actually read every policy you claim is "pushing ideology." Ask yourself what is it you're actually objecting to in these policies.
I attempted to show that Ford's own website has these policies, like most global companies today. Although, I do believe this is a popular ideology. I've always believed in equality and justice for all. It was my poor attempt to state it was not paranoid to wonder if some of the energy of this focus could be redirected, which was part rant and obviously taboo.

Mea culpa.
Sponsored

GRB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You mean an EB ordered in 2021 and still not built. Yikes.
I got a funny feeling there are hundreds, if not thousands of us forgotten orders out there from 2021.....

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a funny feeling there are hundreds, if not thousands of us forgotten orders out there from 2021.....
You are probably right. I know some people here talk about not receiving theirs, but we all know that there are many people who do NOT belong to the MTC who may have ordered Mavericks and a lot of them never received theirs.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is still 6-1/2 months of MY23 production to be made, plus the 3rd shift starting in July. Since MY23 production started in Nov 22, we are less than 1/2 way thru this run.

HRG

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Unless they actually revise their 35% Hybrid constraint percentage officially, I'm just going to take this as hot air from whatever Ford rep you spoke to.
Well they have do do something. This is not healthy for Ford to continue this bullshit.

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You are probably right. I know some people here talk about not receiving theirs, but we all know that there are many people who do NOT belong to the MTC who may have ordered Mavericks and a lot of them never received theirs.
Probably many that were never re-entered as a 2023 order.

BohemianLikeYou

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bohemian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find many of your replies witty, sharp and entertaining. However, your conclusions are incorrect. Very sorry that I dared to point out Ford's own sites and ask a simple question that upset your sensibilities.
You did not upset anyone's sensibilities. Infact it seems that diversity and inclusion gets u upset....sort of like Darwins theory makes the "not so fit" feel insecure...due to their own handicaps (mental and/or physical).

Posting irrelevant stuff when discussing an issue is either a sign of limited comprehension skills or a sign that you actually believe the stuff. Its like the store manager (maybe based on bias) asking if you paid for everythin in your bag. He did not say you stole anythin.

dusty1787

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick EB Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If anyone has any ideas of things I should ask my dealer, please let me know. I am going to swing past after work (because its conveniently across the street from the pet store to get dog food) to talk to my sales associate and mainly the custom order sales manager.

With the rough estimation of the 2023s coming to an end in October, I am slightly worried that with my "place in line" and the handful of allocations per month my dealership is getting, that it is possible that I will not get my vehicle built by October because of how many they still have before me. In which I want to ask them what happens next. There is still a chance I can get mine built before October with the 3rd shift being added and other factors, but I want to talk to them about the worst case scenario.

I am aware that currently Ford will not rollover any orders, and they currently have no intention of offering a private offer or anything like that. This could all change down the line, sure, but as of right now...no.

So to start, I assume they will be building vehicles in Nov and Dec, and if mine doesn't get scheduled before October, could it still get scheduled before end of the year and become a 24? Or would I have to actually place a new 24 order when the order banks open to get a 24, or could the 23 order be "upgraded" to a 24 if it gets built before December 31st? And if I have to place a new order, I would have to ask to see if they place me at a priority 10 as I waited for the full year without an order? I don't believe there will be price protection, but I will ask that. What else should I bring up to them?

Again, just going to small talk with New Order Manager about my order and dealership allocations and my 30s spot in line, and how I may not get scheduled before October at this rate. It is possible it may get built before October, but I'm just going to prepare for the worst. Any helpful information to ask them would be appreciated as I do not want to get screwed over / out of something.

Thanks all!

Solo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ford Escape, '24 Maverick XLT Hybrid (sched)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim just shared on his podcast the last Maverick for MY23 will be built mid-October. A month and a half before last year.

Current Ford plan. Can change. EBs should all be scheduled by then but still looking at half of the hybrids still being unbuilt even with the third shift.
*Sigh*... I went with a smaller dealership for my order (so my wait might be a allocation issue). The only constraint on mine is the towing hitch, which you can't get in the aftermarket unless you don't need the harness. Since I knew there would be a wait, I may as well get what I want/can afford. If I get it at all, that is.

MrC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a feeling there will be some 2021 orders never made. Now after 2 years that would be a deal breaker.

Sponsored

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there somewhere or some way to find out if a certain dealership has any allocations for Mavericks?

Additionally, do unused allocations from one month roll over into the next month? My dealer said they had plenty of allocations but just haven't been getting any Mavericks. I know I saw somewhere that they would get 1 ever couple of months. I have direct contact with 4 of their first Maverick customers (me being the first) and none of us have gotten trucks. With only 7 months left, they may not have enough allocations to fill their pitifully small number of orders. And that makes me nervous.

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer said they had plenty of allocations
First rule of dealing with car salesmen. Don't believe anything they tell you without verifying for yourself. But in this case, there is no way for you to verify.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1. Is there somewhere or some way to find out if a certain dealership has any allocations for Mavericks?
2. Additionally, do unused allocations from one month roll over into the next month?
Answer to number 1 is "Only if the dealership will disclose it to you."
Answer to number 2 is "Yes". They do roll over if not used.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Many in this thread are afraid they wont get there mav order. ONLY if your a hybrid order I would think you have anything to worry about. From the numbers posted hear assuming those numbers are correct they are building more than enough to fulfill ALL Ecoboost orders. I understand allocations but is ford really going to not sell to a guy./gal because the dealer used up all their allocations for the year. So instead ship extra ecoboost mavs to dealer lots that hadn't used up all there allocations?

Its us Hybrid orders that won't get built. UNLESS they have upped hybrid production by a LARGE amount or half won't get there order. All I know is when the order banks open up for the 2024 model I will be placing another hybrid order unless another hybrid vehicle comes to my attention like a toyota. (doubtful) . Or the price just goes up to high to justify it anymore.

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You did not upset anyone's sensibilities. Infact it seems that diversity and inclusion gets u upset....sort of like Darwins theory makes the "not so fit" feel insecure...due to their own handicaps (mental and/or physical).

Posting irrelevant stuff when discussing an issue is either a sign of limited comprehension skills or a sign that you actually believe the stuff. Its like the store manager (maybe based on bias) asking if you paid for everythin in your bag. He did not say you stole anythin.
I've certainly made mistakes in my life and jumped to incorrect conclusions myself. But I have to say in this case that you proceed from a false assumption.

This may be a sign of my limited comprehension skills, but I'll try this analogy in an attempt to explain my point.

A popular idea is collective bargaining. Sixty years ago, if I were to suggest that maybe some of that focus would be better spent in other endeavors, I may have been cast as an anti-worker and/or anti-human rights person. Today we know there are alternative solutions to organize labor. One solution does not fit all. Pointing this out in a rant does not make me anti-union, anti-worker nor anti-human rights.

I pointed out Ford's own websites, like many other global companies, are into this ideology. I did not see this as irrelevant. And openly wondered if there is not an alternate focus that would achieve a more inclusive and greater goal. I believe, this is where I erred, not gauging the passion for this ideology and crafting my 2 cents more carefully.

Based on your responses, this to you was taboo and compelled you to deem me a heretic and a lesser human. Traegorn at least provided me the opportunity to explain my thoughts, for which I am grateful. How are we to learn and grow if each of us cannot dare to speak openly and be open to others?
Sponsored