Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good morning everyone,

Yesterday we had all of our VINs assigned for Mavericks in the 2022 model year. This gives us a great opportunity to recap and look forward to 2023 allocation.

1st - We have 85 Maverick trucks that did not get assigned vins. We are offering protection on our discount to those customers who did not get picked up. They also have the option to have their deposit returned to them if they don't want to re-order a 2023.

2nd - We currently have 234 Mavericks with VINs assigned to them in process somewhere (in-transit, in-production, scheduled-to-week, etc.) with Ford.

3rd - Our priority is to get the rest of the 2022 model year orders that didn't get scheduled ordered for 2023. We received our first allocation for 2023 and received 0 Mavericks. The allocation model is now not COVP dependent but sales and availability dependent. That being said, We won't expect to see any substantial allocation numbers until our sales history improves with these 234 units processed through. Our current sales history for the year is 67 since the inception of Maverick.

4th - We have no current plans to offer an incetivized order for 2023 Mavericks. With the change in allocation, I can't guarantee I can get any and our sole focus is going to be to fill our existing 2022 orders that will transition to 2023. We really can't give an educated guess on how long that may be at this point.

We are still offering the great deal of $50 over cost on a service contract to help support the Maverick community (www.grangerfordextendedwarranty.com) and may at some point down the road be able to offer discounted Maverick pricing, but that may not be for the 2023 model year depending on how allocations play out.

Zach
Sponsored

AnnieWaits

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the update, Zach. With the change in allocation, I feel very fortunate that mine was assigned a VIN as a 2022 model.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did they give any indication when you will get some 23 allocations?

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We have 85 Maverick trucks that did not get assigned vins.......

Our current sales history for the year is 67 since the inception of Maverick.
I mean no offense to Granger at all here, but it is crazy seeing some of the hard numbers. Like comparing the two I quoted above. It really shows how allocations and the "secret sauce" that was Ford Corporate's system can either make or break a good plan. Granger ended up with more unscheduled 2022s than they sold (at this point). That isn't going to be the situation by the time all the 2022s are in the driveway, but it is crazy to see the upside down ratio at this point.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean no offense to Granger at all here, but it is crazy seeing some of the hard numbers. Like comparing the two I quoted above. It really shows how allocations and the "secret sauce" that was Ford Corporate's system can either make or break a good plan. Granger ended up with more unscheduled 2022s than they sold (at this point). That isn't going to be the situation by the time all the 2022s are in the driveway, but it is crazy to see the upside down ratio at this point.
Well, you left out the 234 that they have in various stages of birthing, so at the end of the year their total sales will be 301 to the 85 that didn't get scheduled.

Certainly not defending Ford's system, but the ratio ends up being 85/386 orders or 22% that went unscheduled.

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, you left out the 234 that they have in various stages of birthing, so at the end of the year their total sales will be 301 to the 85 that didn't get scheduled.

Certainly not defending Ford's system, but the ratio ends up being 85/386 orders or 22% that went unscheduled.
Those are the "That isn't going to be the situation by the time all the 2022s are in the driveway" trucks I mentioned. I was just commenting on how upside down the numbers are as of today. If we didn't keep our eye on the prize, it would look really bad. The 234 make it much nicer of a long term picture!

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those are the "That isn't going to be the situation by the time all the 2022s are in the driveway" trucks I mentioned. I was just commenting on how upside down the numbers are as of today. If we didn't keep our eye on the prize, it would look really bad. The 234 make it much nicer of a long term picture!
Fair enough, I missed that part of your original post. And agree, both current picture (83% undelivered!) and eventual picture ("only" 22% undelivered) are a really bad look for Ford. No knock on Granger, just a lousy situation.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fair enough, I missed that part of your original post. And agree, both current picture (83% undelivered!) and eventual picture ("only" 22% undelivered) are a really bad look for Ford. No knock on Granger, just a lousy situation.
At least Granger looks to be keeping pretty true to what FordVideoGuy thinks his final numbers will be (and I assume will be about right nationally). I believe he mentioned about 20% rollover for his. Unless there has been a massive allocation recently.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think a lot of dealers would have turned tail and run as soon as Ford changed their allocation formula for the Maverick. Props to Granger for doing the right thing for those who didn't get scheduled in 2022 and shutting down 2023 orders until they knew what the situation was. No doubt their team has put in some long hours. It's been refreshing to see the sensible approach of @Granger Ford and @fordvideoguy (y) I will gladly drive/fly to the midwest to give these folks my business if I ever need another vehicle.

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At least Granger looks to be keeping pretty true to what FordVideoGuy thinks his final numbers will be (and I assume will be about right nationally). I believe he mentioned about 20% rollover for his. Unless there has been a massive allocation recently.
I've been tracking the numbers at Chapman-Horsham (where my order is) and although we never got an exact answer on their overall number of MY22 orders, it was somewhere between 300 and 400. They've been pretty open about how many are still unscheduled. Unfortunately, at least as of 2 weeks ago, they only had 8 allocations for August, which would leave them at 102 still unscheduled, so their number of rollovers (mine very likely included) is probably closer to 30%.

Sponsored

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've been tracking the numbers at Chapman-Horsham (where my order is) and although we never got an exact answer on their overall number of MY22 orders, it was somewhere between 300 and 400. They've been pretty open about how many are still unscheduled. Unfortunately, at least as of 2 weeks ago, they only had 8 allocations for August, which would leave them at 102 still unscheduled, so their number of rollovers (mine very likely included) is probably closer to 30%.
I'm not doubting your analysis. I could not accurately ascertain the total number of orders from all of Chapman's postings. (I guessed closer to 500.) I will point out the following specific post. If accurate (it may not be), it is hard to imagine the total order number not being significantly higher given order closure still being months away.

Hi everyone! We hit 400 orders! Thank you so much...We have decided to close down the 4% under invoice offer...a new offer will be starting today...don't worry, if you were one of the lucky 400 who placed an order, we are still honoring the 4% under invoice deal when your Maverick comes in!

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not doubting your analysis. I could not accurately ascertain the total number of orders from all of Chapman's postings. (I guessed closer to 500.) I will point out the following specific post. If accurate (it may not be), it is hard to imagine the total order number not being significantly higher given order closure still being months away.
Well then I stand corrected, maybe it is indeed closer to 500. That would put the unscheduled percentage much more in line with other high volume dealers like Granger and L-M.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Zero allocations to start 2023? Yikes, could be quite a while for those rolled over orders to even get picked up..

This really makes me wonder, where in the world are Ford's initial 2023 allocations going, if not to a dealer like Granger??? Is Ford just not building any? I don't see how other dealers would have any better allocation at this time, given Mavericks were just starting to trickle onto dealer lots about a year ago anyways?

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Zero allocations to start 2023? Yikes, could be quite a while for those rolled over orders to even get picked up..

This really makes me wonder, where in the world are Ford's initial 2023 allocations going, if not to a dealer like Granger??? Is Ford just not building any? I don't see how other dealers would have any better allocation at this time, given Mavericks were just starting to trickle onto dealer lots about a year ago anyways?
I think the Ford "system" just hasn't really switched over for MY23 Mav allocations yet. @fordvideoguy noted in his video last night that it was still uncertain if they would be receiving any additional MY22 allocations or not, but that they thus far haven't received any for MY23 either.

DavesMav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I think the Ford "system" just hasn't really switched over for MY23 Mav allocations yet. @fordvideoguy noted in his video last night that it was still uncertain if they would be receiving any additional MY22 allocations or not, but that they thus far haven't received any for MY23 either.
That makes more sense I suppose.

I noticed Ford has not even produced weekly scheduling info. for this week. They usually post by the Friday before. Seems something is going on with Ford to me?
Production Week Scheduling Information - Page 33 - Production and Sales - Blue Oval Forums
Sponsored