First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hrv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know when the next production week will be?
Sponsored

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Certainly not wanting to get into political rhetoric. However, Ford like most global corporations today have a need to push this ideology, so they can feel good about themselves.

Ford's Racial and Social Justice
Ford's DIE Policies
Ford's Supplier Diversity Program
Ford's Annual DIE Report

IMO it is not paranoid to observe this focus and wonder if this really adds value.
Well it seems odd to complain about an ideology that promotes inclusion, fairness and respect for people that don't look like you or believe in what you do - much less blame it and scapegoat it on bad outcomes of business performance. Kinda sounds racist. A certain leader of Germany in the 30's and 40's was great at it

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Certainly not wanting to get into political rhetoric. However, Ford like most global corporations today have a need to push this ideology, so they can feel good about themselves.

Ford's DIE Policies
Ford's Annual DIE Report

IMO it is not paranoid to observe this focus and wonder if this really adds value.
"Certainly not wanting to get into political rhetoric... [Immediately launches into far right extremist talking points]"

We get it. You don't like it that Ford hires non-white people. Yikes.

BohemianLikeYou

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bohemian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Ford's DIE Policies
Ford's Annual DIE Report

The arrogance(and ignorance) in ur post cracks me up!
Certainly not wanting to get into political rhetoric....so im gonna do it anyways !
With that kinda logic...i can almost guarantee that your beliefs are based on the outcome of some drug induced hallucinations or the Jonestown (cult) effect or maybe both.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:

Sponsored

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well it seems odd to complain about an ideology that promotes inclusion, fairness and respect for people that don't look like you or believe in what you do - much less blame it and scapegoat it on bad outcomes of business performance. Kinda sounds racist. A certain leader of Germany in the 30's and 40's was great at it
You are very correct about the depths Germany sunk to because people could no longer ask questions about the dogma. Saddened, but not surprised by the euphemisms. Jumping to conclusions about how I think or feel must be a very comfortable place.

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Certainly not wanting to get into political rhetoric... [Immediately launches into far right extremist talking points]"

We get it. You don't like it that Ford hires non-white people. Yikes.
I find many of your replies witty, sharp and entertaining. However, your conclusions are incorrect. Very sorry that I dared to point out Ford's own sites and ask a simple question that upset your sensibilities.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I find many of your replies witty, sharp and entertaining. However, your conclusions are incorrect. Very sorry that I dared to point out Ford's own sites and ask a simple question that upset your sensibilities.
What you pointed out and how you pointed it out spoke volumes. If you think my conclusions are incorrect, perhaps ask yourself why someone would draw those conclusions from what you said.

B. Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Niro; battered NIssan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess I’ll try to split the middle here. Tdonch suggests that there is somehow a relationship between Ford’s attempts to increase inclusiveness in the workplace and the difficulty we have getting our Mavericks. That’s absurd, of course. But I concede that tdonch’s non sequitur doesn’t necessary mean he is a virulent racist. Though I hope he seriously considers why he has concerns about a process that is long overdue in this county and has no negative consequences for him.

Henry Ford was a seething racist along the lines of Charles Lindberg. Despite that, I’ve often owned Fords. Hell, I like VWs despite their having been built at the behest of the Fuehrer. But it pleases me to see that FMC is trying move into electric vehicles (like VW) and that they are willing to address inequities in the workplace. That’s good for all of us, and I will continue to wait for my Maverick.

PS: Germany did not sink into fascism because Germans could not ask questions about dogma. Find a copy of Rise and Fall of the Third Reich and think about it.

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What you pointed out and how you pointed it out spoke volumes. If you think my conclusions are incorrect, perhaps ask yourself why someone would draw those conclusions from what you said.
Yes, you raise a very good point. There was a time when people with diverse backgrounds, approaches and viewpoints could ask questions. However, in the current environment, it seems my approach "spoke volumes" to you and placed me in the "right extremist" box because I questioned the dogma's value. My apologies for not articulating in an approved manner. If CEO Jim Farley's comments about quality at Ford are true, maybe a renewed focus to an old inclusive idea of "Quality is Job One" may result in a better value for all.

Sponsored

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Moe Bandy has a song that your post reminds me of.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same!
Or the hybrid if it could tow 4k.

I have to work with this truck.
Everyone buys one for different reasons, but towing 2k max on a pickup is kinda worthless. Only way I would have considered it is if the hybrid was AWD. At that point the fuel savings would pay to have a secondary rig for all towing and a run around rig for just hauling stuff or trapping season. I'm not gonna take the mpg hit of an Ecoboost without being able to tow a real trailer.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes, you raise a very good point. There was a time when people with diverse backgrounds, approaches and viewpoints could ask questions. However, in the current environment, it seems my approach "spoke volumes" to you and placed me in the "right extremist" box because I questioned the dogma's value. My apologies for not articulating in an approved manner. If CEO Jim Farley's comments about quality at Ford are true, maybe a renewed focus to an old inclusive idea of "Quality is Job One" may result in a better value for all.
What question did you think you were asking?

I mean, look and actually read every policy you claim is "pushing ideology." Ask yourself what is it you're actually objecting to in these policies.

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It was 27200 or so for xl awd w/ tow maverick and 30070 or so for xl ranger w 4x4. Just go punch it in.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was 27200 or so for xl awd w/ tow maverick and 30070 or so for xl ranger w 4x4. Just go punch it in.
The only way to get your 30070 number for a ranger is to make it a 4x2, not a 4x4. But you go ahead and believe what you want. Never mind the Crew cab vs Super cab difference.

HRG
Sponsored