Sponsored

Maverick vs Ridgeline.. has anyone compare the maverick to a Ridgeline?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Too me it feels like the maverick is much quicker from a stop to 40miles.
Of Coarse Ridgeline has more room and maybe a little smoother etc, but the maverick hybrid feels quicker.
Sponsored

tngarren

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No doubt the Ridgeline is a fine truck. I will never get passed the front end of it though.

OP
OP
littleMaverick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah.. and sometimes I mistake it for a ram from the rear too. Not sure if that's good or bad

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's decent but in a contest of lifted and big tires a Bronco Sport kicked its butt off-road on YouTube. So Maverick wins.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yeah, tons of youtube stuff in 2022 talking about them.

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Of Coarse Ridgeline has more room and maybe a little smoother etc, but the maverick hybrid feels quicker.
The Ridgeline is probably a better vehicle but for a lot more money and a lot worse gas mileage.
I'm happy with my Maverick.

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I cross shopped them a bit, but in the end for me and my driving needs the price and MPG made it easy for me to choose the Maverick. Pluses for the Ridgeline I really like the idea of the 'trunk' in the bed.... and long term it has a history being very reliable.

Midwest Jim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I loved everything about my gen 1 Ridgeline except the MPGs. 15-18 doesn't cut it for a 29+ mile commute. I'm getting 28-29 in my Ecoboost. 👍

ndmiller

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Azure Blue Metallic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Ridgeline starts at $40K built in the US, it's not even comparable, so why? It's not even close in any metric and not the same customer at all. Everyone is worried about drained batteries and engine fires on this Maverick forum, not so with the Ridgeline, it's a Honda.

I'll make it easier, let's say the Maverick XL was $40K, like the Ridgeline Sport. Assuming I was in the market for a 40K unibody truck, I would buy the Ridgeline 100% of the time and so would everyone else on Earth. If I wanted a $40K heavy duty pickup, it's be the Tacoma over either.

OP
OP
littleMaverick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lets just agree that the Ridgeline has an established reputation for reliability etc etc. Question was regarding the initial take off from a stop to say about 40mh.
We have both the Maverick hybrid and new Gen Ridgeline. After driving the maverick for over 3 months, I got behind the Ridgeline this morning. And it just felt sluggish compared to the maverick on take off. Ecoboost off but it just felt that it was moving kind of slow like Uncle Joe.

behind

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Ridgeline is probably a better vehicle but for a lot more money and a lot worse gas mileage.
I'm happy with my Maverick.
In other words, not better lol.

TonyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not think the Ridgeline to Maverick comparison is fair - thought it might be interesting.

The Ridgeline is more comparable to the Ranger or Tacoma - both in price and size. A top of the line 2024 Maverick is still a couple of thousands less than the base price for a Honda Ridgeline.

Hyundai Santa Fe is the only fair comparison to a Maverick.

My neighbor directly across the street had a Honda Ridgeline. It was a nice truck. But it's a medium size truck - not a small one. And it was way more expensive than my 2022 XL Hybrid.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My sister was thinking a 2023 Black Edition so I visited their owners club and then sent her there.
LSS she wanted the top of the line safety features and according to early 2023 owners Honda wasn't there yet. I suggested a Santa Clause and she said "ewwww" lol. She hasn't found a Mav to test drive so is skeptical about "A FORD!" When we are in the same State again I'll let her have mine to kick the tires for a day.
Other than the Honda Sense issues and the quirky new 9spd trans it seems to be a normal Honda but with a $48K price tag. Seems these issues are mostly 2023 issues and since this was some months back updates and corrections may have ironed these items. MPG is only slightly worse than the EPA of a Mav Tremor or Ranger.

clos0791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Alto Blue AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do not think the Ridgeline to Maverick comparison is fair - thought it might be interesting.

The Ridgeline is more comparable to the Ranger or Tacoma - both in price and size. A top of the line 2024 Maverick is still a couple of thousands less than the base price for a Honda Ridgeline.

Hyundai Santa Fe is the only fair comparison to a Maverick.

My neighbor directly across the street had a Honda Ridgeline. It was a nice truck. But it's a medium size truck - not a small one. And it was way more expensive than my 2022 XL Hybrid.
Yeah, the Mav is a mini truck. It's unique in many ways. It just caught my attention right away.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lets just agree that the Ridgeline has an established reputation for reliability etc etc. Question was regarding the initial take off from a stop to say about 40mh.
We have both the Maverick hybrid and new Gen Ridgeline. After driving the maverick for over 3 months, I got behind the Ridgeline this morning. And it just felt sluggish compared to the maverick on take off. Ecoboost off but it just felt that it was moving kind of slow like Uncle Joe.behind
If you're just looking at a drag race, the hybrid Mav & RL are probably pretty close, Mav gets off the line quicker, but the RL will start to reel it in the further you go. The Mav EB AWD running 93 fuel will smoke them both, start to finish.
Sponsored