First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Aside from the cost I would not buy a Ridgeline as long as they use timing belts.
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So I guess we need a TFL comparison shootout. New Ridgleline, Maverick, and SantaCruze. And just for the sake of fun they need to get another Comanche(a stockish one) to compete with them.

That would be damn good entertainment.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never owned a Ford before. Had several Hondas and Hyundai products. Both build fantastic vehicles, and to say otherwise is willful ignorance.

Also, a timing belt change at 105,000 miles (or 7 years) for Honda J-series V6 does not make it unreliable. Required maintenance does not factor into reliability. And the J-series V6 is a great engine.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They had all 3 trucks in hand testing off road?? You got a link?
Looks like time twisted my memory, I was just combining a bunch of different videos they did into one in my head. TFL did one showing the beds and towing of all three in one video, and separate Maverick vs Santa Cruz, and TK did Santa Cruz vs Ridgeline all around review including some off road. I think there were some other reviews from other channels mixed in my head too.

TFL utility comparison, all three

TFL Mav vs SC off road

TK SC vs Rridgeline combind, on and off road etc

WhiteMaverick12

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The shilling in this thread is unbelievable. Last time I try to add something meaningful to a discussion on this forum.
Babe, here is a bottle of warm milk to help soothe you.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks like time twisted my memory, I was just combining a bunch of different videos they did into one in my head. TFL did one showing the beds and towing of all three in one video, and separate Maverick vs Santa Cruz, and TK did Santa Cruz vs Ridgeline all around review including some off road. I think there were some other reviews from other channels mixed in my head too.

TFL utility comparison, all three

TFL Mav vs SC off road

TK SC vs Rridgeline combind, on and off road etc
I have seen all those and the Maverick prowess offroad over the Santa Cruze has me thinking it could beat the Ridgline too, and perhaps keep up with a stockish 80s unibody Jeep Comanche. I just think it'd be a cool 3 way shootout with a ringer to beat.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got to pass on that Ridge. More money, less mpg. Nuff Said! No doubt that Ridge is more comfortable, but you pay for it and if you got it then go for it. Not worth it to me personally.

Sponsored

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last I checked JD Power ranks Hyundai higher than both Honda and Ford in IQS and VDS, but I guess you know better.

The shilling in this thread is unbelievable. Last time I try to add something meaningful to a discussion on this forum.
Hyundai and its partner Kia are not great vehicles....just today between the two of them 485000 vehicles have been recalled as fire hazards as the engines burn up even when the engine is off and they are parked...look at their history....windshields pop out, control arms break, transmissions go bad, and engine issues....long list between those two sister companies...ask Kia how the Seltos went it's first year...bad engine and bad transmission..heck they got the dash display upside down in their new truck which doesn't exactly point out quality control on such an obvious issue...
Sponsored