Banned
Banned
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
It all depends on what Ford has the parts for.

Based on the retail price for the hitch vs the cost to add it from the factory, they're not making a lot of profit on the standalone hitches. But if they have the parts to build Lux package, tow package or FX4 package, which most likely have a higher profit margins, they'll use those hitches on trucks with those packages over a standalone hitch option.
They are currently churning out plenty of XLs with stand alone hitches, in spite of having parts to make Luxes etc. I get your theory, but reality is that is not how it is playing out.
Sponsored

Reactions: HTX

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They are currently churning out plenty of XLs with stand alone hitches, in spite of having parts to make Luxes etc. I get your theory, but reality is that is not how it is playing out.
Do you have build data to support this?

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A reputable dealer shared on Facebook. Key constraints mainly unchanged, though it appears they are singling out a specific hitch. I'll cross reference the order guide in a bit.

FB_IMG_1669665781062.jpg
Thank you for the information! Here’s to hoping our numbers get called.

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haha, of course the ONE option on my XLT Hybrid order (you know, other than the whole hybrid thing), is the hitch. Now I get to wrestle with whether or not to drop that.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around why this doesn't make the Lux package a constraint now, though.
Same boat as you. I hated to drop it but after talking to @fordvideoguy I ditched the hitch. Guess we will see if it helped.

Jemers22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haha, of course the ONE option on my XLT Hybrid order (you know, other than the whole hybrid thing), is the hitch. Now I get to wrestle with whether or not to drop that.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around why this doesn't make the Lux package a constraint now, though.
Understand.... Took delivery in June. XLT hybrid no adds... My dealer told me any adds could cause a potential delay. Bought a 25$ receiver at harbor freight and just drilled the rear crash bar then bolted it up.... For the 100$ extra I woulda just added the option. But I didn't want any reason for delay.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
A reputable dealer shared on Facebook. Key constraints mainly unchanged, though it appears they are singling out a specific hitch. I'll cross reference the order guide in a bit.

FB_IMG_1669665781062.jpg
Does this reputable dealer on FB have any idea on what weeks will be scheduling or is it for the whole month?

the_mad_end

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford has repeatedly told dealers before ordering for 2023 even began that standalone items outside of packages have the potential to be a constraint. Can't say this issue with the hitches is unexpected.

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have done some digging around. I think this hitch constraint is limited to standalone hitches. So, basically, there is nothing different from the last time they scheduled. Hopefully, they will migrate the cancelled VINs on 11/30 so they will be available for scheduling on 12/01. But it appears the same constraints we had last time are in play again.

The basis of my conclusion follows.
This is from a memo back in August related to Maverick constraints:
1669669449225.png

This is from the price guide:
1669669490185.png

This is from the order guide (it is included in the XLT lux and Tremor packages as well):
1669669624995.png

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does this reputable dealer on FB have any idea on what weeks will be scheduling or is it for the whole month?
Pardon me, may I ask I don’t know which one that is the standalone hitch or that four pinn hitch What is standalone hitch?

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry I see it’s the four pin from what you have stated above that’s what I have on mine and I have the hybrid. Should I drop that hitch now or is it gonna make any difference that far out?

Sponsored
OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Appears to be whole month, similar to how they did December. After this week, next couple weeks will be filling in any gaps until it is time to do February.

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Meanwhile I'm still waiting on the email from my 9/17/22 order, hmmm, *sends delayed text to myself so I can call my dealer and the hotline to see what's up!*

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Kinda hoping my cancelled 22 / roll to 23 order gets moved to priority 2 before they schedule for the month.

Not holding my breath, since the dealerships have until 11/30 to update the orders and change them to retail.

I suppose I'm still in the running either way, but like all of us I'm ready for mine to get built.

Aman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Asif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

FB_IMG_1669665781062.jpg
i have

FB_IMG_1669665781062.jpg
my xlt hybrid with cp360 and hitch is scdeluded for production on Dec 8, i dont think hitch is constrained.
Sponsored