Sponsored

Deleted member 6544

I’m fine with having a mechanic take my truck for a spin to make sure all is well. And I’m fine with having the other techs take a look to familiarize themselves with a new vehicle. Mechanics are car geeks by definition, so seeing one get excited about the Maverick is awesome.

I would not be fine having other prospective customers drive it, though. Special orders shouldn’t have many miles on the odometer.
My dealer told me I could drive one in the parking lot lol.
Sponsored

Jbuys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mazda 626, 05 Ford Escape 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I noticed one thing people earlier talked about on preproduction models. They must not spray the tinted clear coat on the inside since behind the seat is the base metallic except the over spray on the edges.
What you are seeing isnt the tinted clear coat missing, its a part of the truck that never really gets seen so its not even painted except what gets over sprayed, the gray is just the primer, not even the base color coat.

Jbuys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mazda 626, 05 Ford Escape 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for confirming that.

In my book that's a boneheaded design, but so it goes.
Its so you cant just pull the hood release and have the hood blow open while driving. You have to be stopped and the door open to pull the lever and open the hood. Most of the ones with a secondary latch under the hood you have to fumble for you can open with the door closed, I figure its a safety design put there by Ford.

FORD BOSS ME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
It may please you to know that the youtube algorithm fed this video to me this morning.

Good response, I think the negative responses were 2 parts ignorance, 1 part needing to look like a know it all online, and maybe 1 part overly involved customer. My mom ordered a washer/dryer combo, it arrived dented and she was so annoyed that she wanted to take really drastic measures like have them come get it and refund her. I thought this was fairly ridiculous as shipping damage happens, let the company try to make it right and if they aren't then press for a refund. Some people feel like they have to really puff out their chest when it comes to buying expensive items.

Thanks for the vids.
Thank You For Understanding, as I grow and make a name for myself I have to approach these things head on so as much as I would like to ignore things sometimes I simply can't

With today's woke society silence means guilt which could cost me my job

So I made the video to address the situation and didn't mean any disrespect to the group I just wanted people to know it's not OK to slander someone because of an individual or individuals lack of understanding

I appreciate you guys here Gary much

Reactions: Aza

FORD BOSS ME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Speaking for myself, I’d be pissed if my dealer never drove the vehicle a bit and checked it out. I paid good money for what I expect to have been inspected and properly prepped for delivery.

Thank you very much for the video and insights.
I appreciate your support and will have more coming to you soon

Sponsored

FORD BOSS ME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I'd rather not add to your overload..

I could have used your help today.. Changing the fan clutch on my '14 F-350 6.7 today!

I managed to get it done though.. No leftover bolts and only lost 1 socket 😎...

3273D831-49DE-4C2E-831F-127DB6AAE4AF.jpeg
These indeed can be a pain, I'm working on a misbuilt 2020 explorer st right now or I should say lack of quality control

Connectors unplugged, wires routed incorrectly, it's a shame we have resulted to this

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With today's woke society silence means guilt which could cost me my job
The people who said stupid things about you aren't "woke." To the contrary. What being "woke" means is being aware of how your actions and words can hurt other people. In other words, you are asking the people who posted without thinking about the effects that it might have on you to wake up and think first.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No offense but this seems like a fluff PR vid. I saw one a ways back where a mechanic looked at the Bronco Sport (which seems fairly similar to the Mav to me in terms of engine, undercarriage quality etc) and he just tore it up, basically implied it was cheap junk, and kept sarcastically noting it was "not a real Bronco". Not saying either was right or wrong but this not much of a critical look under the hood. I would like to see something more negatively slanted at the Mav like that just to learn more.
I’m confused too. You want a more negative slant? About what specifically? I mean, I could write a book about how this is terrible for autox, how it won’t hold up to the Baja 1000, or how it’s interior is junk compared to a Rolls, but it’s not designed for any of those things. It’s a $20,000 escape with a bed. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What you are seeing isnt the tinted clear coat missing, its a part of the truck that never really gets seen so its not even painted except what gets over sprayed, the gray is just the primer, not even the base color coat.
If you look through pics of people doing upgrades and showing audio hardware the non tinted clear coat vehicles are body color fully behind the seat. I don't care that it's won't be body color back there just an observation.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Interesting review! He walks around (and under) the vehicle pointing out how future servicing (and repairs) from a mechanics viewpoint. It was refreshing that he doesn't just rattle of specs like many reviewers, but makes comments on both good and bad points.

While I'll be getting a Hybrid I appreciate an overall view of the Maverick.
You'll be getting a hybrid? When? Mine was ordered mid October and have no idea when it's coming.

Sponsored

FWDMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2021 EDGE, 2014 Fiesta ST
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a hybrid as well in the last week of October '21. My dealer is predicting May '22 delivery but I think they're too optimistic. The last Ford I ordered (company fleet car) took almost nine months.

Rich: nice to see you on the Maverick forum. I stumbled upon your channel one day while looking at the Ecoboost 1.5 coolant intrusion issues and I have been a subscriber for a while now.

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You'll be getting a hybrid? When? Mine was ordered mid October and have no idea when it's coming.
Hello Timothyd! I have no idea when my Mav will arrive. Probably late Spring (I hope).

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm the technician that did the review on this video and the reason I did not put fuel in this is because we have a process that we have to go through where the vehicle has fuel put in it before it leaves and it's just standard procedure plus everything was closed down towards the end of the day so there was no way I could get fuel put in it sooner but it was put in the very next morning
Just wanted to say I appreciate the videos and input you have - only halfway through the walk-through video but I'll check the rest as well.. Don't let the negative people get to you.

I also chose Hot Pepper Red and really like how it looks in this video.

My current vehicle (Subaru Crosstrek) had around 50 miles on it when I bought it new - sub-20 is amazing in my mind.

I just got to the part in the vehicle where you mention the bigger battery for Start/Stop - in your experience how often are there hardware/electrical issues with this system? I've heard people say they had to replace the battery or alternator every two years, but this was years ago when they first came out (and not with Ford).

I'm eyeballing that $99 plug-in device to disable A.S.S. (Auto-Start-Stop, who comes up with these acronyms...) but may wait and see.

donbreiner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I actually made a video response to this on my channel, there was another gentleman that came to my channel and I had to block him because he was being very negative about the process that I went through and it was only a professional process with their customers best interests in mind

Well said my friend!!! Agree with your assessment 100%.
Sponsored