2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto blue hybrid lariat maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
my first
Yes, that type of vehicle is inherently more unstable than a sedan and is similar to jeeps.
They rigged the test to flip it. Their own driver said it was as stable as other vehicles in it's class and it passed their stability test, so they changed the test until it flipped. I take what they say with a grain of sail.
my 1st car was a 88 samurai. I took that thing anywhere on or off-road (nothing serious though) and never came close to flipping it. I wish I still had that car. Pathetic hp but still loads of fun.
Sponsored

BeeBro

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer F150 & Maverick all 4wd
I’m not sure where they say it felt like it lacked power my 2.0 feels like it has a lot of power maybe these guys need to hit the pedal. I do about 80 mph on the interstates around Atlanta every outing and never have any issues getting to 80 of even more at times.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Fair, but these guys aren’t the brightest bulbs in the box. Comments like the small back seat as compared to a full size truck. Really? Did you expect the same amount of room? Maybe compare it to the Ranger, which does have less space than the Mav.

Not enough power? Geez, can’t wait to see what they say about the hybrid. I guess they think people are looking to buy these for drag racing.

Many years ago I used to live and die by CR reviews. Now I seldom pay attention to them.

Sponsored

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So they compared the mav to an SUV for lack of dry storage and an F150 for lack of bed size. Yeah...ok. Then there's the whining about the interior plastics and the key ignition. Good lord. I'm younger than all of these guys and feel embarrassed for how soft they are.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is that supposed to be provocative? What's your point?
I guess you aren’t GenX. You aren’t supposed to take what the media tells us with a grain of salt, you are supposed to conform, believe, and obey. It’s a reference to the 80s cult movie They Live. Thought you would get it, sorry. Carry on!

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Disagree a little bit. The fully loaded lariat hybrid is 31k and for what you get is pretty incredible compared to other options.
Ok I’ll give you 31. It really pushes past the value point there for me.

Mavapa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Maverick is a small, inexpensive pickup truck. They knew that going in. They complained that it doesn’t feel sporty — refer back to “truck.” The bed and the back seat are small — refer back to “small.” The interior is kind of cheap looking — refer back to “inexpensive.”

I generally respect CU full tests because they are usually objective. This review is purely subjective. It’s three guys sitting around talking about a small, inexpensive pickup truck that they would never buy because it’s not what they want. Their opinions are worth what you might hear if they were three random guys sitting around at a McDonald’s drinking coffee and talking about what car (or truck) they don’t want.

Sponsored

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick is a small, inexpensive pickup truck. They knew that going in. They complained that it doesn’t feel sporty — refer back to “truck.” The bed and the back seat are small — refer back to “small.” The interior is kind of cheap looking — refer back to “inexpensive.”

I generally respect CU full tests because they are usually objective. This review is purely subjective. It’s three guys sitting around talking about a small, inexpensive pickup truck that they would never buy because it’s not what they want. Their opinions are worth what you might hear if they were three random guys sitting around at a McDonald’s drinking coffee and talking about what car (or truck) they don’t want.
Exactly. It's reviewers like this that push prices up. Also makes me think a Lincoln version of the mav could be coming. Call it the blackwood or something and sell it to dudes like this.

Davido49

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4
NOT a fan of Consumer Reports. Means nothing to me what they say about my '22 Maverick Lariat FX4 or '20 Ranger XLT FX4.. we love the vehicles! They are put thru their paces daily & run/drive terrific. Had 4 Ecoboost equipped vehicles now & all been flawless! CR shows favoritism & have been caught cheating. 'Nuff said.

Davido49

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4

Don't put any weight into what CR says. They lost my respect long ago! They are compromised.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I guess you aren’t GenX. You aren’t supposed to take what the media tells us with a grain of salt, you are supposed to conform, believe, and obey. It’s a reference to the 80s cult movie They Live. Thought you would get it, sorry. Carry on!
A little to obtuse for me., sorry but I get what you are saying.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

The "negging" aspect of that video is annoying. I only made it a few minutes in, started skipping forward for the beef, didn't find any and bailed on it. It was an opinion piece made by a couple of guys who were told to keep a negative edge to their commentary so CR could pretend to be objective. And we all know the old saying about opinions.
Sponsored