Sponsored

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
I actually really enjoy Ryan's videos because he does things in stock configuration as much as possible. It is also worth noting that car manufacturers don't allow any changes to the vehicle when reviewing it, so it levels the playing field for all reviews regardless of if he owns the vehicle or not. By relying strictly on the OEM equipped tires and the drive modes, it removes all user changeable variables when testing the vehicle. It is worth noting that that material he is driving on is deceptively difficult and even the Ranger with a locking rear was struggling in parts.
Sadly his review while oem parts could have included the upgraded 235 wild peaks for the test he was conducting if he were truly doing a fair comparison... I mean they are oem if u choose the option
Sponsored

Last edited:

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yep! I am old enough that I should have remembered but then again I am 80 so old enough to now not remembering things. Now, can you just send me the $100 rather than give me points? :)
Nope I am a man of my word... I said 100 "points"... no dollar mentioned! ha!

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I originally selected the splash guards but somehow didn't make it on the DORA I signed. That was good for two reasons; 1. it turned out to be a late availability item and 2. after watching this video, not sure If I still want them now. I think for the most part the plastic will help out with the mud splash.
You can cut them down like I did on my old Chevy S10.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sadly his review while oem parts could have included the upgraded 235 wild peaks for the test he was conducting if he were truly doing a fair comparison... I mean they are oem if u choose the option
They come with the $795 wheel upgrade or, I believe, are also available on First Edition.

Sponsored

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
yup. it's not made for off roading, but can do a little in a pinch.

we had the cold snap of the century recently in East Tx where I live, and everybody was basically completely housebound due to frozen roads for 3-4 days, unless you had a 4WD, probably decent tires and some experience too. That's what I want the AWD for, and it should be great for that.
YES!! I live in East Texas as well, and Snowmaggedon is EXACTLY why I ordered AWD. My FWD Fiesta is great for fuel mileage, but with no weight or power to grab traction, 40ish MPG doesn't do any good stuck in my yard for 6 days. And I read we are probably getting Snowmaggedon 2.0 this winter.
On a side note...I ordered this because of SMGDN. Some of the build delays are likely BECAUSE of it...lack of spray in bed liner chemical, etc....how ironic.

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
Stay tuned

Ford Maverick Maverick AWD Offroad Review by Driving Sports TV 20211016_003356

Reactions: bgn

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's all about tradeoffs. You get good fuel mileage and on road drivability but that will take away off road ability.
I like the idea of a vehicle that is versatile, even if it has limits.
Welcome to Maverick.
I see a beefed up version of this vehicle in the future.
This is exactly what I love about the Maverick. That it’s a versatile little truck that will save you money, be easy to park and do just enough 99% of the time. Capability is nice, but for 99.99% of truck owners they rarely come close to using it.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
Since placing my order (Sept 1st) and entering this wishful dream state, I have been thinking that, with the state of the planet, and the inevitable rise of the cost of gasoline, maybe I should have gone with the Hybrid. I work on my property and am not forced to go out into really harsh conditions until they moderate. I have been driving in the high-altitude weather of Northern NM for more than 40 years with only 2WD, and FWD on my current Transit Connect. Honestly, if you know how to drive, and don't make stupid decisions, you can drive in conditions that have countless SUV owners (like my own wife) shaking in their boots on their way to work in deep snow.

Recently I have been trying to be more aware of exactly the kind of driving I do, and in what conditions, as I wait for notification of my 2.0 Lariat build. I spend most of my time on crowded 2-lane freeways, where maintaining ANY speed is nearly impossible. Drivers are constantly changing lanes and jockeying around. These trips are mostly to get to the medium-sized town 20 minutes away, where I encounter a bit of stop-and-go driving - but nothing like the conditions implied when people talk about using the hybrid for "city" driving. Occasionally I make a 75-mile drive to the nearest big city (on those freeways). So what I have realized, if paying attention, is that I most often flog my 169 HP Transit Connect as I battle fast moving traffic on small freeways. The hybrid would certainly do it. It has more HP than my TC, but I would be better served by that 250 HP turbo, and the AWD would make me a bit more at ease if I had to go out in a snowstorm. Being more attentive to exactly HOW I use my current vehicle has helped me confirm that, though I would like to get into the hybrid world, and maybe save a few bucks (and what remains of the planet), If I am honest about my needs, my MAV selection really best matches what I do and what I need. Now if I could just get one :-(

Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
An update video has been posted w/ new tires, BFG TrailTerrain:
Keep it on reasonable surfaces, and the Maverick is fine.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is exactly what I love about the Maverick. That it’s a versatile little truck that will save you money, be easy to park and do just enough 99% of the time. Capability is nice, but for 99.99% of truck owners they rarely come close to using it.
Agree. I like the little truck that could concept over buying a Ranger / Frontier that can tow more, off - road more but are just so big with a rougher ride, worse fuel economy, and another $10k - Surely there are times I would want a beefier truck but I just don't want to daily drive that large of a rig 24/7 -

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Meh, Side x Side would have done the same trail in 30 seconds vs 10 or 15 mins.😆😆

Just keeping it real. I'm sure it will suite most people on muddy back roads and such. This ain't no rock climbing, mud pit jumping vehicle...but I'm fine with that.😉

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now I think that was a much better example of this little truck’s capability.
Sponsored

Last edited: