First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good review. Someone on another thread wanted a blue collar review. Can’t get to much more of a BC review than this.
i like the double hood latch.
Yup that was me lol
Sponsored

Sponsored

The64

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To those saying the like the double pull release, it's actually my biggest disappointment! I've had tons of junk cars with the secondary handle and never had a problem opening the hood.

I have a BMW with the double pull and have had it not work. Guess what fun follows? Best case, you get to jack up the front. take off the wheel, remove the liner, and feel around blindly for the hood release cable. Then you get to do the same on the other side! Worst case, if you can't do that, you get to be towed to a dealership!

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To those saying the like the double pull release, it's actually my biggest disappointment! I've had tons of junk cars with the secondary handle and never had a problem opening the hood.

I have a BMW with the double pull and have had it not work. Guess what fun follows? Best case, you get to jack up the front. take off the wheel, remove the liner, and feel around blindly for the hood release cable. Then you get to do the same on the other side! Worst case, if you can't do that, you get to be towed to a dealership!
Luckily the Maverick is not made by BMW :)

FORD BOSS ME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I'm wondering if he was prepping the maverick why he didn't fill it up. 9 miles to empty at the end. I hope it doesn't run out of gas driving to the gas station.
I'm the technician that did the review on this video and the reason I did not put fuel in this is because we have a process that we have to go through where the vehicle has fuel put in it before it leaves and it's just standard procedure plus everything was closed down towards the end of the day so there was no way I could get fuel put in it sooner but it was put in the very next morning

Last edited:
Sponsored

FORD BOSS ME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
So, is this a normal test drive a dealer makes with a new customer-owned vehicle?? Thought he said this one was being delivered that day. Not sure I would appreciate that with my long-awaited-for vehicle. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive again. Thoughts?
I actually made a video response to this on my channel, there was another gentleman that came to my channel and I had to block him because he was being very negative about the process that I went through and it was only a professional process with their customers best interests in mind

FORD BOSS ME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Asked some time back whether operating the hood release requires opening the door first. No answer then. Anyone can confirm yea or nay?
Yes you have to open the door to open the hood because the door partially blocked the hood release

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wondered the same question. I get that it takes away the release under the hood, but why do we have to pull twice instead of just once inside the truck, and just have the latch under the hood eliminated? That would have made more sense to me.
Hoods have two latches for redundancy. If one fails to latch when closing or you inadvertently unlatch you don't want your hood flying open.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wondered the same question. I get that it takes away the release under the hood, but why do we have to pull twice instead of just once inside the truck, and just have the latch under the hood eliminated? That would have made more sense to me.
To maintain the second latch as a security latch the mechanism is designed to first pull the regular latch and with the second pull, it releases the secondary latch. Hope that makes sense.

I suppose it could possibly be designed with one long pull but it would be a very long pull and having two separate pulls is just more ergonomic. Just my thoughts on it.
Sponsored