First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
LOL OWNED. But seriously I hope the techs at my dealership are as high quality as you.
I wasn't trying to own anyone I just want people to understand my position as a professional and not slander my name or position
I just want to do what's right
Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm the technician that did the review on this video and the reason I did not put fuel in this is because we have a process that we have to go through where the vehicle has fuel put in it before it leaves and it's just standard procedure plus everything was closed down towards the end of the day so there was no way I could get fuel put in it sooner but it was put in the very next morning
Awesome! Thank you!!!
I have a hybrid on order. :)

UpNorthBuckeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedtn, 17PriusV,22 Mavrk XLT hybridHPR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's my color, and my wheel color as well. But mine will be hybrid, FWD. Damn sweet little vehicle for $25k. Thanks for sharing.

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Aces on the PDI ✔
I enjoyed the underbelly tour and comments re: undercoating (lack of) and the wiring connection. The 2.0 in my company car ‘14 Fusion, was a snappy little ride and I didn’t have to pay for the fuel. I utilized the “ go fast” pedal more than I would have in my own ride.
Thanks -
Stay safe and we will see you on the Ford road.... ✔🇺🇸

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
I actually made a video response to this on my channel, there was another gentleman that came to my channel and I had to block him because he was being very negative about the process that I went through and it was only a professional process with their customers best interests in mind

Sir, you are a total professional !!! Refreshing to see someone who is so dedicated to customer satisfaction and takes no shortcuts to ensure that quality is job one.
Wish I had guys like you working in my shop and hope your boss appreciates and pays you well. I just hope the Tech that checks my Maverick is as dedicated as you.
Thank you for taking the time to make this video. Well done.

Sponsored

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided
No offense but this seems like a fluff PR vid. I saw one a ways back where a mechanic looked at the Bronco Sport (which seems fairly similar to the Mav to me in terms of engine, undercarriage quality etc) and he just tore it up, basically implied it was cheap junk, and kept sarcastically noting it was "not a real Bronco". Not saying either was right or wrong but this not much of a critical look under the hood. I would like to see something more negatively slanted at the Mav like that just to learn more.

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dad's Nissan came with only 4 miles on the odometer, guess the techs at Nissan didn't care if it had issues.
Luckily for him the only issue he ever had was with one of the speakers, and they replaced that quickly without question.
I recently bought a BMW that was manufactured in Germany then shipped to my local dealer for delivery. When I received it the vehicle had 2.5 miles on the odometer and was in impeccable condition. Several years ago I bought a Ford Escape Hybrid (when they first came out) and the dealer who helped me order it took the vehicle for a drive when it arrived as he said he had never seen a hybrid before and was curious...no worries though as the Escape was perfect. I'll be smiling when I finally take receipt of my new Maverick for sure!

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I actually made a video response to this on my channel, there was another gentleman that came to my channel and I had to block him because he was being very negative about the process that I went through and it was only a professional process with their customers best interests in mind

It may please you to know that the youtube algorithm fed this video to me this morning.

Good response, I think the negative responses were 2 parts ignorance, 1 part needing to look like a know it all online, and maybe 1 part overly involved customer. My mom ordered a washer/dryer combo, it arrived dented and she was so annoyed that she wanted to take really drastic measures like have them come get it and refund her. I thought this was fairly ridiculous as shipping damage happens, let the company try to make it right and if they aren't then press for a refund. Some people feel like they have to really puff out their chest when it comes to buying expensive items.

Thanks for the vids.

Sponsored

Imlooney

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm just happy that I actually got to see one. Just watching the video answers most of my questions. Nothing like buying a pig in a poke. But I feel much better about my decision now.

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No offense but this seems like a fluff PR vid. I saw one a ways back where a mechanic looked at the Bronco Sport (which seems fairly similar to the Mav to me in terms of engine, undercarriage quality etc) and he just tore it up, basically implied it was cheap junk, and kept sarcastically noting it was "not a real Bronco". Not saying either was right or wrong but this not much of a critical look under the hood. I would like to see something more negatively slanted at the Mav like that just to learn more.
Wait, I don't get this....why should we only believe it is an honest review if it calls it "cheap junk" or "not a real truck" and has a negative slant? I'd say his review was pretty much right on for an economical vehicle. Granted, I wasn't expecting an $80K Navigator for under $30k and after a week of having mine, I'd be hard pressed to find a negative slant for where this fits if I did a review....and I don't work for Ford PR, just a happy customer. I don't get why so many are so quick to believe the negative as fact and be suspicious of the positive as a biased publicity stunt.

Mllombardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
Undecided
Speaking for myself, I’d be pissed if my dealer never drove the vehicle a bit and checked it out. I paid good money for what I expect to have been inspected and properly prepped for delivery.

Thank you very much for the video and insights.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m fine with having a mechanic take my truck for a spin to make sure all is well. And I’m fine with having the other techs take a look to familiarize themselves with a new vehicle. Mechanics are car geeks by definition, so seeing one get excited about the Maverick is awesome.

I would not be fine having other prospective customers drive it, though. Special orders shouldn’t have many miles on the odometer.
Sponsored