8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I actually made a video response to this on my channel, there was another gentleman that came to my channel and I had to block him because he was being very negative about the process that I went through and it was only a professional process with their customers best interests in mind

LOL OWNED. But seriously I hope the techs at my dealership are as high quality as you.
Sponsored

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I actually made a video response to this on my channel, there was another gentleman that came to my channel and I had to block him because he was being very negative about the process that I went through and it was only a professional process with their customers best interests in mind

Please tell me you work in Santa Rosa California ;)

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great review, nice overview with a little bit of everything. I'd love to see you do some on how to service it, like how to change the windshield wipers and stuff.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, is this a normal test drive a dealer makes with a new customer-owned vehicle?? Thought he said this one was being delivered that day. Not sure I would appreciate that with my long-awaited-for vehicle. Maybe I'm just being too sensitive again. Thoughts?
Remember your may also be picked for QA checks at the plant then they add about 20 miles of testing driving it around and you get a card stuck with the paperwork saying they tested it.

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just found your vid on YT and I want to thank you for being up front and honest.

When my Maverick was still in transit, I asked that they not let a bunch of people drive it when it got to the dealership. When I arrived to pick it up, here's what I found on the clock:
Ford Maverick Maverick review by a master tech mechanic ! E84E39FC-C72F-44E2-A0BB-9DA095099DE6

This is both from the PDI and the salesman going to fill the tank.

I would have definitely been mad, had it not been thoroughly checked out before I drove it. I made the mistake of buying a Chevy Equinox two years ago and it was junk from the get-go. Apparently, their PDI is different from Ford's.

Just wanted to let you know that you and people like you are very much appreciated and don't always get the respect you deserve.

Sponsored

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dad's Nissan came with only 4 miles on the odometer, guess the techs at Nissan didn't care if it had issues.
Luckily for him the only issue he ever had was with one of the speakers, and they replaced that quickly without question.

FORD BOSS ME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I just found your vid on YT and I want to thank you for being up front and honest.

When my Maverick was still in transit, I asked that they not let a bunch of people drive it when it got to the dealership. When I arrived to pick it up, here's what I found on the clock:
E84E39FC-C72F-44E2-A0BB-9DA095099DE6.jpeg

This is both from the PDI and the salesman going to fill the tank.

I would have definitely been mad, had it not been thoroughly checked out before I drove it. I made the mistake of buying a Chevy Equinox two years ago and it was junk from the get-go. Apparently, their PDI is different from Ford's.

Just wanted to let you know that you and people like you are very much appreciated and don't always get the respect you deserve.
I appreciate that

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I appreciate that
My pleasure sir..

Sorry I missed your live stream this evening.. Wife just got home from being out of town and need attention...

Even though I can't ask my questions, I still get to hear you answer other's!

FORD BOSS ME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I wondered the same question. I get that it takes away the release under the hood, but why do we have to pull twice instead of just once inside the truck, and just have the latch under the hood eliminated? That would have made more sense to me.
Primary Latch
Secondary latch

Safety reasons

FORD BOSS ME

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
My pleasure sir..

Sorry I missed your live stream this evening.. Wife just got home from being out of town and need attention...

Even though I can't ask my questions, I still get to hear you answer other's!
Anything you need give me a shout

Sponsored

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Anything you need give me a shout
I'd rather not add to your overload..

I could have used your help today.. Changing the fan clutch on my '14 F-350 6.7 today!

I managed to get it done though.. No leftover bolts and only lost 1 socket 😎...

Ford Maverick Maverick review by a master tech mechanic ! 3273D831-49DE-4C2E-831F-127DB6AAE4AF

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@FORD BOSS ME My Maverick had exactly 16 miles on it when I picked it up (the same day it came off of the truck) and now I know why! I feel better about my dealership in apparently taking the same detailed care you did with the PDI and getting everything good to go. I am loving my Maverick and thank you for making the original video and the follow up video(s) to explain the process. Never too old to learn something new!

Goose..you there?

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm the technician that did the review on this video and the reason I did not put fuel in this is because we have a process that we have to go through where the vehicle has fuel put in it before it leaves and it's just standard procedure plus everything was closed down towards the end of the day so there was no way I could get fuel put in it sooner but it wasn't put in the very next morning
Great job and thank you for your time.
Sponsored