First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XLT FX4 - 4K - 360; 23 F150 KR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting...I bought a Maverick for my wife because it is a small pickup. The mid-sized ones were too big.
Sponsored

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

https://press.spglobal.com/2024-02-...-Nautilus-take-Top-Awards-for-Loyalty-in-2023

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 10.18.12 AM.jpg

SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Feb. 26, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- S&P Global Mobility today announced the winners of its 28th annual Automotive Loyalty Awards, recognizing General Motors as the winner of its 'Overall Loyalty to Manufacturer' award and Tesla for 'Overall Loyalty to Make.' In a new addition to the awards for 2024, the Lincoln Nautilus was recognized in the 'Overall Loyalty to Model.' category.

S&P Global Mobility today announced the winners of its 28th annual Automotive Loyalty Awards

Tracking consumer buying activity from January-December 2023, the industry is showing continued signs of recovery, as both retail sales and loyalty increased year-over-year.

"The last few years have shown us that customers are becoming more comfortable to consider and purchase a new vehicle outside their preferred brand," said Joe LaFeir, President, Automotive Insights, S&P Global Mobility. "However, concerted efforts from OEMs to improve retention through unique marketing initiatives, alongside improving inventory levels and great new products, are resulting in a stabilizing of loyalty levels, after several years of decline."

Steady increases in inventory levels yielded a positive impact to industry loyalty levels for the first time since 2019, according to the S&P Global Mobility analysis. Overall brand loyalty was at 51.0% in 2023, an increase of 0.8 percentage points (PPTs) compared to 2022 levels of 50.2%.

General Motors' win for the 'Overall Loyalty to Manufacturer' category marks its ninth consecutive award and 20th out of the last 28th years. High migration patterns across its four brands, in addition to a heavy sport-utility and pickup lineup, led to strong loyalty gains for the manufacturer throughout 2023.

Tesla's popularity in the BEV sector helped the brand to success in both the loyalty and conquest space. For 2023, the Tesla brand scored repeat wins for 'Overall Loyalty to Make', 'Highest Conquest Percentage', "Alternative Powertrain Loyalty to Make' and 'Ethnic Market Loyalty to Make.' The popularity of both the Model 3 and Model Y among current owners, along with the brand's ability to attract many ICE customers to the BEV space, contributed to Tesla's multiple awards for the second year in a row.

In this year's Loyalty Awards, S&P Global Mobility added a new award to acknowledge a single model's leadership in model level retention, with the "Overall Loyalty to Model" award. The Lincoln Nautilus was recognized in this new category as the winner following its back-to-back recognition in 2022 and 2023 for the 'Luxury Mid-Size Utility' segment award. In 2023, more than 42% of Nautilus owners returning to market for their next vehicle chose another Nautilus during calendar year 2023.

"These awards truly exemplify the industry's competitiveness and desire to improve customer retention. The awards reflect substantial fact-based analysis, which allows us to understand and determine conquest and loyalty rates, while providing guidance to OEM marketers and their agency partners to help improve loyalty programs and customer retention," said Vince Palomarez, product management associate director, Loyalty, at S&P Global Mobility.

Multiple brands were recognized in this year's awards for their achievements in loyalty for the first time. Acura was the winner in the 'Most Improved Make Loyalty' category, due to a healthy increase in available inventory for the brand in 2023 compared to the previous year. Nissan was awarded 'the Overall Loyalty to Dealer' award, as more than 37% of the brands' owners returning to market acquired their next vehicle from the same dealer.

The launch of the redesigned Outlander PHEV propelled Mitsubishi to win 'Most Improved Alternative Powertrain Loyalty to Make' award, recognizing a brand's improvement in its ability to retain an owner to both the brand and either a BEV or hybrid powertrain.
I like my Maverick however how can they determine loyalty based on a vehicle that has been selling for 2.25 years?
To me this is like Consumers Union saying that a Pontiac Fiero had the same rust issues of all other vehicles when it had a plastic body.

VegasRed

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://press.spglobal.com/2024-02-...-Nautilus-take-Top-Awards-for-Loyalty-in-2023

SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Feb. 26, 2024 /PRNewswire/ -- S&P Global Mobility today announced the winners of its 28th annual Automotive Loyalty Awards, recognizing General Motors as the winner of its 'Overall Loyalty to Manufacturer' award and Tesla for 'Overall Loyalty to Make.' In a new addition to the awards for 2024, the Lincoln Nautilus was recognized in the 'Overall Loyalty to Model.' category.

S&P Global Mobility today announced the winners of its 28th annual Automotive Loyalty Awards

Tracking consumer buying activity from January-December 2023, the industry is showing continued signs of recovery, as both retail sales and loyalty increased year-over-year.

"The last few years have shown us that customers are becoming more comfortable to consider and purchase a new vehicle outside their preferred brand," said Joe LaFeir, President, Automotive Insights, S&P Global Mobility. "However, concerted efforts from OEMs to improve retention through unique marketing initiatives, alongside improving inventory levels and great new products, are resulting in a stabilizing of loyalty levels, after several years of decline."

Steady increases in inventory levels yielded a positive impact to industry loyalty levels for the first time since 2019, according to the S&P Global Mobility analysis. Overall brand loyalty was at 51.0% in 2023, an increase of 0.8 percentage points (PPTs) compared to 2022 levels of 50.2%.

General Motors' win for the 'Overall Loyalty to Manufacturer' category marks its ninth consecutive award and 20th out of the last 28th years. High migration patterns across its four brands, in addition to a heavy sport-utility and pickup lineup, led to strong loyalty gains for the manufacturer throughout 2023.

Tesla's popularity in the BEV sector helped the brand to success in both the loyalty and conquest space. For 2023, the Tesla brand scored repeat wins for 'Overall Loyalty to Make', 'Highest Conquest Percentage', "Alternative Powertrain Loyalty to Make' and 'Ethnic Market Loyalty to Make.' The popularity of both the Model 3 and Model Y among current owners, along with the brand's ability to attract many ICE customers to the BEV space, contributed to Tesla's multiple awards for the second year in a row.

In this year's Loyalty Awards, S&P Global Mobility added a new award to acknowledge a single model's leadership in model level retention, with the "Overall Loyalty to Model" award. The Lincoln Nautilus was recognized in this new category as the winner following its back-to-back recognition in 2022 and 2023 for the 'Luxury Mid-Size Utility' segment award. In 2023, more than 42% of Nautilus owners returning to market for their next vehicle chose another Nautilus during calendar year 2023.

"These awards truly exemplify the industry's competitiveness and desire to improve customer retention. The awards reflect substantial fact-based analysis, which allows us to understand and determine conquest and loyalty rates, while providing guidance to OEM marketers and their agency partners to help improve loyalty programs and customer retention," said Vince Palomarez, product management associate director, Loyalty, at S&P Global Mobility.

Multiple brands were recognized in this year's awards for their achievements in loyalty for the first time. Acura was the winner in the 'Most Improved Make Loyalty' category, due to a healthy increase in available inventory for the brand in 2023 compared to the previous year. Nissan was awarded 'the Overall Loyalty to Dealer' award, as more than 37% of the brands' owners returning to market acquired their next vehicle from the same dealer.

The launch of the redesigned Outlander PHEV propelled Mitsubishi to win 'Most Improved Alternative Powertrain Loyalty to Make' award, recognizing a brand's improvement in its ability to retain an owner to both the brand and either a BEV or hybrid powertrain.
I understand loyalty to mean in this instance that the owner would purchase the product again. As opposed to satisfied, which is a horse of another color. Personally I love my “Rojito” and would definitely buy another one if needed. So yeah.

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I LOVE my Maverick and met another Maverick owner last week who loves his as much. I dropped some Maverick pages on FB because of all the complaints. Primary complaints were ridiculous such as expectations they were buying the perfect truck for under 40k. Duh......
Let me guess, why is there plastic in the interior and why don't I have all the latest tech? That's what people on Facebook were saying more or less I'm guessing.

Reactions: cfm

Sponsored

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are a lot of problems with the Hybrid Mavericks including cheap plastic interiors. And a lot of recalls on all Fords. I don't know how anyone could believe this article. I don't think I have ever heard of SP Global Mobility, just more click bait.
There are most definitely not "A lot of issues" mostly minor things that aren't occuring that often, but seem like they are because forums literally exist for people to complain.

It's a lot like how society is generally safer than ever, but because we have easy access to news that talks about terrible things all the time, it makes people think society is decaying and falling apart.

Last edited:
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Any MTC member could have told them that.

I had to laugh when I saw a Honda Accord listed as a "large car" :) How times have changed!

clos0791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Alto Blue AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Strange classification as a mid-size. Most of these analysts reserve that for Colorado, Ranger, Ridgeline, Tacoma. The Maverick and Santa Cruz are somewhere between "small" and "midsize".

I imagine these guys use some arbitrary wheelbase cutoff.
Mini truck section.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK Montana ,Tell the truth , did you look up the spelling of , Aneurysm ? LOL

The maverick has been around for a short time to have a true loyalty listing .
In my opinion .
I knew how to spell anyerism... an... anyourism just fine without Google... thank you very much.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I knew how to spell anyerism... an... anyourism just fine without Google... thank you very much.
I believe it was Mark Twain who said " he must have little genius who can’t spell a word in more than one way".

Fluque Marian Webster, who no longer knows the definition of "woman".

Sponsored

Mr Lee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There are a lot of problems with the Hybrid Mavericks including cheap plastic interiors. And a lot of recalls on all Fords. I don't know how anyone could believe this article. I don't think I have ever heard of SP Global Mobility, just more click bait.
I still don't quite get the "cheap plastic" argument....There are no car companies short of maybe Bentley that would use actual wood or stainless steel in their interiors, basically everyone uses plastic. That being said, I've seen videos where folks complain how easily the plastic is scuffed without actual video evidence. Anecdotally I have 2k miles on my 2024 and with 3 adults in the fam have given the interior a good workover and I can't see anywhere where the plastic falls short. My daughter has put her feet (in shoes!) on the dash and glovebox and again no issues. Just spilled coffee in the console and door panel the other day, easy clean up. Here in NY actually had a fair amount of snow and ice this year with associated road salt, it's all been good. Maybe you had a bad experience, but I just don't see it.

Mr Lee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If I might add 1 thing concerning cheap plastic just from my own experiences....My other vehicle I commuted with for years is a 2017 Prius Prime plug-in which was several thousand dollars more than the Maverick when purchased. The interior is supposedly an environmentally friendly soy based plastic, lemme tell ya that is impossible to keep clean! It attracts a coat of grime constantly and if you try and wipe it down it seems to exude a chalky surface coating. Terrible! So comparatively the Maverick seems great.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I might add 1 thing concerning cheap plastic just from my own experiences....My other vehicle I commuted with for years is a 2017 Prius Prime plug-in which was several thousand dollars more than the Maverick when purchased. The interior is supposedly an environmentally friendly soy based plastic, lemme tell ya that is impossible to keep clean! It attracts a coat of grime constantly and if you try and wipe it down it seems to exude a chalky surface coating. Terrible! So comparatively the Maverick seems great.
WTH are you using to clean it? Just put some warm water on a microfiber towel and once or twice a year seal it with 303.

But on the subject of plastics... I both agree and disagree. The Maverick is full of a plastic that shows a lot of scratches very easily. It's not the most durable. I personally don't have a problem with it, but the color once it scratches is likely a major factor as it any grove will cause the color to appear lighter on the edges it makes. They (way too many manufacturers) are also currently and have been for some time, using a piano black plastic that is just awful in every single way possible anywhere it gets put in a vehicle. I'm glad the Maverick has none of that crap at least.

The solution? It doesn't even have to be "eco friendly" based... it just needs to be a lighter color of earth tones (grey's, browns) to help hide dirt and scratches and have texture to it. Sort of a granulated look if you will. Those things alone help hide scratches, oils and debris. It's like a keyboard with cheap ABS keycaps vs. Double Shot PBT. Major difference regardless of the color.

DoubleXL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was a loyal gm guy.

Our gm dealer had nothing on the lot... said pre order only.

well if im pre ordering i am getting what i want and i wanted a compact pickup... not a mid size for the price of more than a full size. ( canyons are more expensive than sierra)

My next 4 vehicles will be mavericks... unless they start growing to mid size or model gets discontinued.

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No surprise on the Maverick or the F-150. We have each and are very pleased.
Sponsored