Sponsored

Any other Subaru Owners That Are Interested in the Maverick?

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had a 79 wagon, 97 Legacy wagon, and wife had an 05 Impreza Outback sport when we got married. She's still sad we sold her Impreza at a loss in 2021 (to a friend who needed a snow car) but that opened the door to look around at replacements and led us to the Maverick.
Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a '19 Crosstrek and tbh, wasn't impressed. I think the wagons are great for a lot of people but there was a lot to be desired in the Crosstrek. Sold it for a Hybrid Escape and felt like I got a lot nicer vehicle for not much more. Even the top of the line CT's didn't impress me and at the time it was all about budget for a secondary vehicle. Pretty hard to beat the Subaru in that category, but having the Escape landed me in the Maverick. Otherwise I probably would have never considered it.

Gradient

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sold my 2012 Subaru and bought 2023 Maverick. Haven't looked back since.

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Traded in my '12 Outback 3.6R for my Maverick....it is more useful, similar 'performance' even being rated at 60 fewer horses, quieter, and more useful for hauling stuff for the house. Getting a good 2.5x the mileage sure is nice, ok double on the highway, but easily 2.5 times in my daily driving. - It was a difficult decision, as the Outback had been my favorite or most reliable vehicle in something like 43+ years of driving, and giving up the AWD. So far, very happy, and enjoying the my Maverick Lariat.