Sponsored

Any other Subaru Owners That Are Interested in the Maverick?

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I currently own a 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5/CVT that is lifted 1.5", with skid plates, 29" tires and a long list of other goodies that I've added to make it more capable off-road. I've been wheeling it every chance I can get for the last 3 years and it is an incredibly capable vehicle, but I'm interested in the Maverick because of it's utility, looks, and perfect price range. Most uni-body AWD crossovers are decently capable with a bit of research on the area, careful lines, and understanding the vehicles limitations (this applies to all the body on frame 4x4s as well, no vehicle is without limitations). I'll likely be switching to a Maverick in the future, but I might be waiting to see if that Rattler trademark materializes anything since Ford loves to offer a new top trim just a year or two after release. I'm hoping this thread will serve as a touch point for aftermarket manufacturers who will hopefully recognize the need for off-road goodies like true suspension lift (not just puck style spacer lifts), upgraded underbody protection, bed racks, etc. Sound off below if you are a Subaru owner and are planning on getting you Maverick dirty!
Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Retired and going to one vehicle. Sold the 2001 Legacy wagon with 262,000 miles. Sold the 2017 Impreza to the Ford dealer in anticipation of the Maverick, used car prices are nuts and I'm borrowing one of my son's many vehicles until the Maverick arrives. Ordered a hybrid, but since we don't have to go out when the weather is bad, probably won't miss the AWD. It'll get dirty but just the kind of dirt that's too cold to wash off 😜 Not the kind of dirt you're talking about!

UtahIsHot

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I'm a former Forester owner. It was a '98 Gen 1 that I quite literally drove into the ground (parts were falling off). I've already got my Maverick order in.

I don't care for Subaru's current offerings. They're pushing more upmarket than my taste or budget.

bethanne

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Beth Anne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick First Edition Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will be handing down my Subaru Forester to my daughter as soon as I receive my Maverick!

wiseguy3501

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Coming from a 2017 Impreza. Love camping and getting off the beaten path, just don't have enough cargo room.

Currently planning a DIY overland trailer build to tow with the Maverick.

Sponsored

Maverick-xv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Expedition XLT
I am planning to replace my 2021 Crosstrek Limited with Maverick. I am over 30K miles on CT already. It will be close to 40K by the time Maverick arrives. Efficiency is critical for me, so 40MPG would be awesome upgrade.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Forester is going to my daughter. It has been a reliable, capable car but it has been relatively expensive to maintain and got 23 mpg.

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Adding the Maverick in 2022 to compliment current Outback that has "too nice of an interior to mess up." ;-)

I've outgrown the mini-ute...
Ford Maverick Any other Subaru Owners That Are Interested in the Maverick? IMG_6863.JPG

Reactions: TCK

Camodude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Wilderness
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I currently own a 2019 Forester and Honda Ridgeline. I was waiting (hoping?) For someone to build a better unibody pickup. I would have been interested in a Subaru pick-up, but Ford and the Maverick surprised me in a good way and I am excited for the Maverick.

Sponsored

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I wanted something that would get close to the fuel efficiency of the $33k 2020 forester, but the BS was made just a bit too small.....the maverick with a cap might be just right. I wish it had a little more ground clearance, but the price and the efficiency (if it is true) is a win......

kpq1978

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Outback
I currently own a 2011 Outback, and I will be keeping it for two or three more years. I won’t be an early adopter, but I am keeping an eye on the Maverick, Santa Cruz, and any other possible entrants into this segment. I have always wanted a truck, but the mid and full sized trucks that have been around the last several years are just too big. I need something to fit in my garage.

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wore out 2 Outbacks with over 250K currently have a 16 the wife drives. Love the Maverick so far, around 2,000 miles.

psklenar

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T
Had a 2004 Forester from 2003-2018. Bought an Outback Touring 2.5 in 2018. Will be replacing it with the Maverick some time this spring hopefully.

I've loved my Subaru's, but ... with my sister having moved across country (taking her pick up) and other friends either moving or selling their trucks ... I need my own now.

pat----