Sponsored

Any other Subaru Owners That Are Interested in the Maverick?

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I currently own a 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5/CVT that is lifted 1.5", with skid plates, 29" tires and a long list of other goodies that I've added to make it more capable off-road. I've been wheeling it every chance I can get for the last 3 years and it is an incredibly capable vehicle, but I'm interested in the Maverick because of it's utility, looks, and perfect price range. Most uni-body AWD crossovers are decently capable with a bit of research on the area, careful lines, and understanding the vehicles limitations (this applies to all the body on frame 4x4s as well, no vehicle is without limitations). I'll likely be switching to a Maverick in the future, but I might be waiting to see if that Rattler trademark materializes anything since Ford loves to offer a new top trim just a year or two after release. I'm hoping this thread will serve as a touch point for aftermarket manufacturers who will hopefully recognize the need for off-road goodies like true suspension lift (not just puck style spacer lifts), upgraded underbody protection, bed racks, etc. Sound off below if you are a Subaru owner and are planning on getting you Maverick dirty!
Just bought in July a 2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport and plan to keep it for another 10 years. So far with Falken AT Trail and a Roof Cargo box loaded wth close to 100 pounds of camping gear in it along with cooler, camp stove and clothes in the hatch area I get between 29-32 miles per gallon. I am pleased with it s far but I traded my 2012 RAM 1500 limited to get it. Since my Jeep Liberty is a 2002 and has the paint peeling off I ordered a Maverick Hybrid in November. Also have a 2017 WInnebago Travato which i have gotten 18-22 MPG...so I'm prepared for gas price increases pretty much and still travel and camp
Sponsored

SM2535

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I traded in my 19 Outback for a Maverick, and I love it.

I had a Nissan Frontier prior to the Outback, and while I loved the utility of a truck, the MPG killed me (I was putting 500+ miles a week on it). Traded it for the Subaru, and was pleasantly reminded how much I missed the ride of a real car, not to mention spending hundreds of dollars less per month in gas.

Over time, I realized that I really missed the utility of an open bed. I began researching the Ridgeline, but those were just too damn expensive. Found out about the Maverick back in the Spring, and the more I read about it, the more interested I became.

Put my order in mid-June, and took delivery 2 weeks ago. It's everything I imagined and more. The ride is definitely not as smooth as the Subaru, but it's a nice ride for a truck. I'm averaging about 28mpg (with the 2.0 Ecoboost), so I'm only losing about 2mpg from the Outback. The cab is spacious and comfortable, and the bed has already proven to be immensely useful.

Ford should really market this to current Subaru owners. It should be an Outback-killer.

My1stFord

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I still have and will keep my 2016 Subaru Forester. For both the Subaru and the (on order) Maverick I am electing an N/A engine. I plan to keep both vehicles for a long time and adding a turbo is a stressor that I think is not warranted. Subaru has been AWESOME, both the car and Subaru of America. I hope to be able to say the same for Ford.

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I traded in my 19 Outback for a Maverick, and I love it.

I had a Nissan Frontier prior to the Outback, and while I loved the utility of a truck, the MPG killed me (I was putting 500+ miles a week on it). Traded it for the Subaru, and was pleasantly reminded how much I missed the ride of a real car, not to mention spending hundreds of dollars less per month in gas.

Over time, I realized that I really missed the utility of an open bed. I began researching the Ridgeline, but those were just too damn expensive. Found out about the Maverick back in the Spring, and the more I read about it, the more interested I became.

Put my order in mid-June, and took delivery 2 weeks ago. It's everything I imagined and more. The ride is definitely not as smooth as the Subaru, but it's a nice ride for a truck. I'm averaging about 28mpg (with the 2.0 Ecoboost), so I'm only losing about 2mpg from the Outback. The cab is spacious and comfortable, and the bed has already proven to be immensely useful.

Ford should really market this to current Subaru owners. It should be an Outback-killer.
we sound almost the same. I too put on a ton of rough miles, My Tundra has over 250,000 as well as my Outback with 260,000. They both have to be on their last legs so I was looking for a combo of the two. The MOST important to me was ride, it is real close to the Subaru. Second fuel economy and again very close to the Outback. I like the riding position of the Maverick over the Outback. I have over 2,000 on mine now and averaging slightly over 29, real numbers.

dicchicora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Traded in my 2014 Subaru Forester (164,000) for my Maverick. I "loved" my Subaru, as it was the best vehicle I had owned, to that point. However, some of the issues were getting much too annoying. For instance, the oil issue. Plus, the tranny was starting slip. It just wasn't fun to drive as much anymore, and I didn't want to put any more money into it.

Sponsored

Penasco

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Outback, 2005 Tundra DC
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m going to hold onto my 3 year old 2019 Subaru Outback Limited for a while after my Maverick Lariat Hybrid arrives, just to be sure that the Maverick meets my expectations as a daily driver. If it does, I’ll sell the Subaru for a good price to Carvana.
That is exactly my plan. My 2019 Outback Limited has only 12,000 miles on it and has one more free service. My gas mileage in the Outback averages less than 22 mpg. For some reason, I don't particularly like the way it feels during freeway driving. It may be just that I am getting older but I didn't feel that way in our 2011 Escape. I will keep the Outback to experience a long "test drive" of the Maverick to be sure that my wife, who drives less than 50 miles a month, is satisfied with it. From what I have read, I am certain that I, as the primary driver, will be very pleased with it.

SM2535

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
we sound almost the same. I too put on a ton of rough miles, My Tundra has over 250,000 as well as my Outback with 260,000. They both have to be on their last legs so I was looking for a combo of the two. The MOST important to me was ride, it is real close to the Subaru. Second fuel economy and again very close to the Outback. I like the riding position of the Maverick over the Outback. I have over 2,000 on mine now and averaging slightly over 29, real numbers.
Completely agree on the seating position. The Mav really is a very comfortable ride. Also getting 28-29mpg with mostly highway driving. Very happy about that.

DaMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Forester, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We own a 2021 Forester that we picked up about a year ago. We really like it, although I am not in love with the CVT as opposed to the sweet 8-speed in the Maverick. Averaging around 30 mpg. Traded a 2017 F-150 screw for the Maverick. It was a nice truck but mpg sucked and it seemed to grow by about an inch a month. Or maybe there are gnomes who make parking spaces smaller overnight. In any event, I was really wanting something smaller but still a truck. Ranger is thirsty and pricey. Maverick has, so far, been the perfect solution.

axl_rose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Axl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I sold my 2021 Crosstrek to get a Maverick. Personally, I would not buy another Subaru. The cabin was noisy and road noise was really intrusive. It was slow off the line and the engine revved a lot to get power. Overall, I just wasn't impressed.

Reactions: bgn

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you haven't actually had the experience of driving a Mav, don't get too excited about getting rid of that Subaru yet. I drive a 2014 Forester and happened upon an unlocked Maverick on a dealer lot the other day. It was very small inside compared to the Forester. The specified dimensions are +/- 5% on paper, but in reality it is a much smaller space. I am seriously reconsidering this whole thing.

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My wife currently has a 2011 Outback also and likes the Maverick. I've never bought a foreign brand vehicle.

Socalrob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati V4S Multistrada, MotoGuzzi VIII, BMW GS Adv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wife has a Crosstrek plug in hybrid, which gets about same mpg as my Mav, son has a WRX, both daughters have Crosstreks (one 2.0, one 2.5). All adult kids. So that is 4 subis in the family.

Socalrob

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati V4S Multistrada, MotoGuzzi VIII, BMW GS Adv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sold my 2021 Crosstrek to get a Maverick. Personally, I would not buy another Subaru. The cabin was noisy and road noise was really intrusive. It was slow off the line and the engine revved a lot to get power. Overall, I just wasn't impressed.
The 2.5 engine really improved the Crosstrek.

Krischievous

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL AWD Iconic Silver
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not a Subaru owner, but - I was coming up on needing a new car when the Maverick was announced. I had my Subaru dream car all ready to search for at my local dealerships but when I saw the Maverick I decided to wait and see what Ford would do. I instantly fell in love with the Maverick and have been waiting patiently since to find/build one. I always wanted my Subaru, but it was so quickly knocked out by this truck. LOL ( I always wanted a truck too, but not for the price and size of trucks nowadays) I might still get a Subaru down the road though.
Sponsored