2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The memo I received today states 21-24 Bronco Sport and 22-23 Maverick loss of motive power. Ford is planning to provide dealers an official notification and instructions during the week of May 13, 2024.

Owners may contact Ford Customer Service at 866-436-7332.
Sir, a big THANK YOU! I know no one can have all the answers but this helps people accomodate their time and work arounds until something can be done. In otherwords, this info gives people options which would not be available if nothing is said or stated from Ford. I know you are not Ford Corporate, so I completely understand and respect you at least letting us know something. Thank you Sir!!
Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My hybrid died twice at highway speed and after 30 days in the service department they applied the software update and after 400 miles all is good . I believe the update release date was April 5th.
Can you post what work was done so others can show this to their local dealership should this situation happen to them?

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
We need this now. Please...................
There has not been a recall regarding this yet, not even an Advance Notice. I go over all Ford recalls every Tuesday night and one regarding the dead vehicle has not come up yet. Here are the recalls this year:

24S17 Fuel Tank Pinch Leak
24S20 Michelin Mis-Built Tires
24C01 Instrument Cluster Illumination
23S27 Underhood Fire along with Escape, Corsair
23C41 Turn Signal Outage
23E07 Software Calibration Update (HEV)
23E09 Powertrain Control Module (HEV) along with Escape HEV

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There has not been a recall regarding this yet, not even an Advance Notice. I go over all Ford recalls every Tuesday night and one regarding the dead vehicle has not come up yet. Here are the recalls this year:

23C41 Turn Signal Outage
Thank you! From seeing post in here, the issue is happening to certain hybrid builds between 2022 to mid 2023 that required the 23E09 and 23P18 recalls. 23E09 is an emission recall and the 23P18 is a PCM specific recall. My VIN# number did not fall into needing either of these. I have had the 24C01 cluster and the 23C41 tailight recall and have not had the shut down issues.

I have been desperately trying to get those who have had their trucks "fixed" since April to please post what the fixes were and WHICH of the recalls they had done so we can verify which recall is the cause of the shut down. The two recalls I have noted is after scouring multiple threads, but I could be wrong. I have not had any success in getting help with verification from others in here.

I promise you all, if this shut down happens to me, I will keep you all in the loop with all the details. It's that important. I value human life.

Sponsored

jerrisn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid/2023 Hyundai Tuscon/2013 Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

23C41 Turn Signal Outage
Would you recommend staying away from the two recalls I currently have for my 2023 XLT Hybrid?

23C41 Turn Signal Outage

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Would you recommend staying away from the two recalls I currently have for my 2023 XLT Hybrid?

23C41 Turn Signal Outage
See the post I just posted.

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided

23C41 Turn Signal Outage
I had the turn signal outage done on my Maverick with no issues afterward.

Thex

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had mine done the last week of Feruary - and then the issue occured. The Service department could not find anything wrong and could not duplicate it after driving it for 2 days.
I would also like to know if those that did have the issue and got "re-updated" if it has re-occured. According to @fordvideoguy, there is no indication of an update to the updates.

Indy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was driving at highway speed on I 75 through Cincinnati this morning and without warning my 2022 Hybrid Maverick stalled while I was in the middle lane. Fortunately I was able to quickly get over to the shoulder but had absolutely no power. When I realized the engine was dead an warning message came up on the dash, saying the vehicle won't operate in that gear. I looked down and the shift wheel was in the drive position, but the orange light was not lit on the shifter. I then got error messages, Service Engine Soon Warning, Powertrain Malfunction/Reduced Power Warning, Pre-Collision Assist Not Available Warning. This was really rattling, to have a modern vehicle, with only 18,000 miles stop operating in heavy traffic at 65 MPH. Recently, the radio has been getting really loud momentarily, but no other issues

Ford Roadside Assistance was terrible. I was stopped in a dangerous spot and was relegated to fill out an online form to request service while I prayed no one going by would go off the road and hit me. The form didn't auto fill my VIN Number and I had to type it from my insurance card (not realizing it was in the Ford app). The GPS had me miles away from where I was actually broken down and wouldn't save the changes I made to my real location. Although I was In a hazardous area and in some danger, I had to call and say agent over and over again to speak to a person who informed me that no tow truck would be dispatched because the dealership I chose is too far away. For $60 I could get a wrecker to take my dead vehicle to my chosen dealership but no one was coming until I give my credit card number. At this point I had been there for almost an hour not knowing they hadn't dispatched a tow truck yet and had no idea where I actually was. I reluctantly paid, but ended up waiting 3 hours total for a tow, just waiting to get creamed by a semi. By the time the wrecker arrived, the battery was completely dead by just running the hazard flashers. Nothing else was turned on, the key was out of the ignition.

This whole experience has me uneasy about trusting my Maverick going forward and will pay for AAA to avoid dealing with the overseas third party company Ford has hired to manage roadside assistance.

Has anyone had a similar breakdown experience? If so, what was the cause and fix? Again, almost two years old and only 18,000 miles. Thanks in advance for the feedback and insight.

Sponsored

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had mine done the last week of Feruary - and then the issue occured. The Service department could not find anything wrong and could not duplicate it after driving it for 2 days.
I would also like to know if those that did have the issue and got "re-updated" if it has re-occured. According to @fordvideoguy, there is no indication of an update to the updates.
Out of these, specifically, which updates did you have done in February?

23C41 Turn Signal Outage

This can help all of us pinpoint the recall that is the main culprit.

Thex

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
23C41 Turn Signal Outage

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I had the turn signal outage done on my Maverick with no issues afterward.
Ditto. Did the turn signal one without issue, was about to do the instrument panel one and started seeing all these limp mode post after getting that one done. So I'm staying away from it for now.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you! From seeing post in here, the issue is happening to certain hybrid builds between 2022 to mid 2023 that required the 23E09 and 23P18 recalls. 23E09 is an emission recall and the 23P18 is a PCM specific recall. My VIN# number did not fall into needing either of these. I have had the 24C01 cluster and the 23C41 tailight recall and have not had the shut down issues.

I have been desperately trying to get those who have had their trucks "fixed" since April to please post what the fixes were and WHICH of the recalls they had done so we can verify which recall is the cause of the shut down. The two recalls I have noted is after scouring multiple threads, but I could be wrong. I have not had any success in getting help with verification from others in here.

I promise you all, if this shut down happens to me, I will keep you all in the loop with all the details. It's that important. I value human life.

I agree! More info is needed here to be helpful. The date the recalls were performed is also essential. The problem definitely seems confined to the PCM recalls (based on what I have seen). That makes sense based on the symptoms.

I think the problematic date range seems to be Feb through mid-late March.

My PCM was reprogrammed in January. No issues. I can't recall seeing anyone else who had theirs performed that early having problems either. I also haven't heard of anyone having issues after Ford updated programming again March 22nd.
Sponsored