hj630

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i suspect the 12v is defective. As I only turn the car off for 5 mins and it won’t turn back on. I don’t have anything on the cig lighter. Only usb which should turn off when car is off. I had a long trip a day ago so battery should be charged. Im still waiting for roadside to tow to the dealer to check. But seems like this happened to a few ppl already. I hope is not something else causing the problem.
Sponsored

OP
OP

hj630

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
quick update. Its not the 12v battery and now they need to do more testing and im going to be out of a car for a while. Really bad experience and ford wont provide loaner and only ask me to rent for 38 day

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
quick update. Its not the 12v battery and now they need to do more testing and im going to be out of a car for a while. Really bad experience and ford wont provide loaner and only ask me to rent for 38 day
Did you take it back to the dealer you bought it from? They should be willing to help you out with a loaner.

Ford does give dealers a "budget" to help (cover) some loaner expenses for warranty work....but the dealership may have exhausted theirs. Or are reserving it for customers who purchased their vehicles from them? Or $38 is how much you owe after the max amount per day Ford will provide?

Loaners and rentals are in short supply now. Some of the rental companies used to give Ford/Ford dealers discounted prices on loaners.....but I doubt that is true any more.

If they are your selling dealer, they should be finding someway to help you out with a loaner for sure!

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have rental car on your insurance policy?

Sponsored

OP
OP

hj630

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have rental car on your insurance policy?
I checked insurance only provide rental coverage if its collision. They dont cover mechanical issues. I will try my purchasing dealer and hope they will do something

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Start documenting for lemon law…

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I checked insurance only provide rental coverage if its collision. They dont cover mechanical issues. I will try my purchasing dealer and hope they will do something
Oh! I forgot it's a rider on collision, sorry. In the good old days one could buy a junker and sell it next month. Maybe dealer has a trade in for cheap?

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This has me nervous. Mines in production now. There has been a bunch a people reporting dead hybrids... I need this truck to be reliable.. Maybe it's a lose wire.

OP
OP

hj630

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This has me nervous. Mines in production now. There has been a bunch a people reporting dead hybrids... I need this truck to be reliable.. Maybe it's a lose wire.
I had a cord fusion hybrid 2010 until 2021 and never had problems except regular maintenance. So hopefully it’s just bad luck and can be fixed.

Sponsored

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i suspect the 12v is defective. As I only turn the car off for 5 mins and it won’t turn back on. I don’t have anything on the cig lighter. Only usb which should turn off when car is off. I had a long trip a day ago so battery should be charged. Im still waiting for roadside to tow to the dealer to check. But seems like this happened to a few ppl already. I hope is not something else causing the problem.
Did you get a "Deep Sleep" message (through the "FordPass" app)?

Two days after taking delivery, I experienced the same condition you're describing after I got the dreaded "Deep Sleep" message.

I put the 12v battery on a drip charger (twice) for 48 Hrs and it would read 14+ volts after charging but it would be totally depleted (reading <3v) after one start. After I got tired of doing this, I used a boost pack to get the vehicle rolling and took it to the dealer. As I drove to the dealer I could see (through a cigarette lighter adapter battery readout) the 12V battery losing charge.

I told the dealer that when I got the vehicle back, I would drive the vehicle around the dealer property and every ten minutes I would stop and start the vehicle to make sure he problem was solved ... they immediately told me they would replace the 12v battery under warranty.

They replaced the (Made in Mexico/ Ford branded) battery with a (Made in Mexico/ "Motorcraft" branded) battery.

To my surprise, the replacement battery is only 470 CCA ... don't know the CCA of the original factory battery.

Last edited:

MaverIQ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
wow keep us posted! how many miles did you have on it? i'm 6 months in, 3K miles, just had my first service done at the dealer- no issues at all.

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Uh oh... I've gotten the deep sleep message once but the car started up just fine. I figured it was because every time I walked by my Mav it would "awaken" and turn on fans, screens, chimes, etc...

OP
OP

hj630

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Quick update. It was a connection became loose. Dealer solder it together and it’s now fine. Took them a week to get an eletrician to look at it tho. I’m just glad I get my truck back

Last edited:

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gee, that's less than the wait time get it, huh?
Sponsored