My 2022 Maverick hybrid died

Sherry

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick hybrid
My hybrid died with under 3000 miles. I've only had it for about 4 months and so disappointed. My husband drove it and when he parked it and turned off the key it wouldn't turn on. The dealer said to jump start it and drive 70 miles so they can look at it. I'm not comfortable doing that so we'll see what happens.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealer has Trouble bulletin on this issue.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealers need to be proactive instead of reactive as they know that this is a major issue with potentially all hybrid Mavericks...

Czl04

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav
The dealers need to be proactive instead of reactive as they know that this is a major issue with potentially all hybrid Mavericks...
Its a Ford problem not a dealer problem Einstein. The dealer told her to bring it in. You need to be proactive instead of reactive

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid died with under 3000 miles. I've only had it for about 4 months and so disappointed. My husband drove it and when he parked it and turned off the key it wouldn't turn on. The dealer said to jump start it and drive 70 miles so they can look at it. I'm not comfortable doing that so we'll see what happens.
You should be able to have it towed to a dealership for free w/ Roadside assistance. They will go to the closest dealership (or to the one of your choice w/in 35 miles, if I remember correctly)

Sponsored

mesajoejoe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealer has Trouble bulletin on this issue.
Do you know what bulletin this may be? My hybrid I picked up early Jan '22 just died yesterday. Got into a gas station, turned the key and everything went dark. Usually the radio and instrument cluster stay on for a bit until I open the door but not this time. 5 minutes later it finally came back on but as soon as I got home and turned the key same thing happened again. Now the only way to get the vehicle on is to jump it.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If your in the Atlanta, Georgia area, I have great news!

Here is the dealer that you want to go to:

https://www.howellford.com/

They fixed the faulty connector in approx. 3 to 4 hours while we waited. While other dealers made excuses, denied there was a harness problem, did not return phone calls, were generally rude and simply did not care, Billy Howell Ford was impressive and got the job done.

Their service department and service director are first class, 5 stars, all the way!

Please see the attached pic showing repair. Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to see exactly where this connection is in the engine compartment. I Will try and update later where the exact location is.

This fix makes the most sense since it has not been confirmed if harnesses are still being manufactured the same way with the same problem.

Ford Maverick My 2022 Maverick hybrid died ford maverick repaired connector
Sponsored