First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
UH, you do know the Hybrid comes with an ICE!
Gosh, you are so very, very right! I bet my breakfast @STDriver03 didn't know that!

Like most people, he probably thought "hybrid" meant a mix of AC and DC.

Good thing you straightened him out... 😏
Sponsored

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Miatas, Z06, Outback
Gosh, you are so very, very right! I bet my breakfast @STDriver03 didn't know that!

Like most people, he probably thought "hybrid" meant a mix of AC and DC.

Good thing you straightened him out... 😏
Actually, it has AC standard and a DC motor too! Just not the multi link rear suspension!;)

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a conventional internal combustion. It's Atkinson cycle, supposed to be more fuel efficient with less emissions. And depending on driving style and conditions, it may not be running all or even half the time. I'm holding out for the hybrid too. That was my primary reason for choosing Maverick.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a conventional internal combustion. It's Atkinson cycle, supposed to be more fuel efficient with less emissions. And depending on driving style and conditions, it may not be running all or even half the time. I'm holding out for the hybrid too. That was my primary reason for choosing Maverick.
For others, I found this quick article helpful for an Atkinson cycle engine overview. Trigger warning: theres a sentence about hybrids with pulley and belt CVTs don’t panic.

https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/heres-how-atkinson-cycle-engines-work-to-save-gas

Last edited:

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. I worded that poorly. ICE is yesterday's news but the hybrid represents a step in a new direction. My 2003 Sport Trac with a V-6 can get about 24mpg highway. Why would I go for an Ecoboost 4-cylinder in a Maverick which is only slightly better when I can get 40mpg in a Maverick hybrid?
Truth told, I prefer the bold styling of the Santa Cruz but the much higher price and an ICE only engine option are the deal-breaker with it.
If the Santa Cruz or Maverick had an all-electric (Maverick Lightning?) variant I'd be really excited!

Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone seen an update on Constraints / Commodities since this thread was posted a couple of weeks ago?

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for clearing that up...

But don't worry. At this point I'm pretty much an expert at not getting what I want. :sneaky:

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Some people are assuming that the constraints multiply together, so if you order an XLT Hybrid with Luxury package you get 40% (for the hybrid) × 20% (for the XLT Lux) = 8% of builds can have this pair of features.

Does anyone actually know how it works? I would assume they are independent, i.e., 40% of all vehicles scheduled can be hybrids, and 20% can be XLT Lux builds total. So they could decide that 25% of all builds will be XLT Hybrids (and divide the remaining 15% between Lariats and XLs) and then subdivide that to say that 15% of all total builds will be XLT Hybrids with Lux and 10% are XLT Hybrids w/out Lux, leaving 5% of all total builds to be XLT Eco with Lux. Or they could allocate them any number of other ways, but their goal is to end up with 40% total hybrids, 20% total XLT Lux, etc., and only 3% of them get bed mats.

All that would mean it is hard to understand how they affect your probability of being selected unless you also know how the orders break down. I presume they only list constraints when they actually constrain production, so we can infer that more than 20% of all orders and XLT Lux orders, but maybe it is only 25% of all orders in which case 20% only constrains it a little bit. 3% on the bed mats sounds like a small number, but if only 5% of orders include the mat then it doesn't hurt you all that much.

I wish somebody actually who actually knows how it works could explain.
If you multiply them together that is the odds that ALL will cause your build to not be built where if two are joining to both be restricting your build so that you have a better of getting built than if three were acting together to prevent your build.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone seen an update on Constraints / Commodities since this thread was posted a couple of weeks ago?
The Constraints list is only published once a month at the end-of-the-month and it is valid for the following month.

The last list was released on September 29 and is still valid through the end on October.

The August one was also released at the end of that month and was valid for September.

I expect the next one to be released near 10/29 and it will be valid for November.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What a joke🤦‍♂️
ALOT of people wont be getting their Mavericks until deep into 2022 (myself included).
Why offer a vehicle if they don't even have the commodities to fulfill the orders being placed.
My patience is wearing little by little 😩
If my Fwd Xlt Lux cactus cannot be built by the time they open 2023 orders maybe they will offer me the choice of Awd gift as a reward for waiting. So I am contently waiting.
The wife is more antsy so yesterday went and placed Fwd Xlt (no constraining Lux) Area51 (so we don't have to play the yours? game). Downside=$1550+/- 36mo0% pymt.
Sponsored