First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Over 16,000 miles now and I still love my Cyber Orange color selection. It is fun and helps brighten up the dreary gray Pacific NW.

I will say this though...it seems to attract bugs. Since it's turned summer, small bugs, gnats, moths, flies, bumble bees seem drawn to the color. I live next to a marsh, and sometimes in the morning I will come out and the truck can be pretty covered.

I also have to wash more bugs off my front end than my other cars. But it's not a big deal. It's worth it.
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Let's call it by its actual name, Yellow.

Sponsored

CMOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
I agree with the others 👍🏼

It is crazy how it shifts colors, once in awhile it almost looks like a copper color - don’t regret it one bit!

I will be ordering a 2023 in Cyber Orange!

CMOS

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Question for all the Cyber Orange Folks - has anyone had issues with touching-up any paint chips, etc and getting it to blend in? This is a tri-color paint which are notoriously hard to match. Just wondering.

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I do like the color but to much like the public works trucks in my old city. Just need to paint the roof and pillars black and people will bug you daily to fix their pot holes!

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question for all the Cyber Orange Folks - has anyone had issues with touching-up any paint chips, etc and getting it to blend in? This is a tri-color paint which are notoriously hard to match. Just wondering.
My maverick had a slight scuff and a chip on the front bumper from transit. The dealer repainted it perfectly, with no apparent inconsistencies. đź‘Ť

Sponsored

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Let's call it by its actual name, Yellow.
It's not yellow. It's like if you look at a color wheel where a color like blue gradually turns into a purple. Cyber yellow is like that. Barely more orange than yellow, but still orange.

Ford Maverick Living with Cyber Orange.? Colorwheel

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
It's not yellow. It's like if you look at a color wheel where a color like blue gradually turns into a purple. Cyber yellow is like that. Barely more orange than yellow, but still orange.

Colorwheel.jpg
Tomato tomato. We all know it’s really yellow.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cyber Orange is the BEST color for these reasons:
1) You'll never lose it in a parking lot.
2) I've not experienced, or heard of any complaints, about Cyber Orange suffering paints chips like the other colors.
3) It is always changing from a multitude of hues of orange and yellow depending on the outside lighting conditions.
4) The "school bus" color subconsciously causes other drivers around you to be a little safer. [no scientific data to back this up, obviously]
5) It is just a fun and happy color to brighten your day every time you step outside and see the truck awaiting you to get in and drive it.
#2 good point... I have never painted anything yellow that didn't take at least three coats ... So maybe heavier paint?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Colorwheel.jpg
Going around the wheel the pie slices should be yellow, school bus yellow, then cyber orange🤗

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The paint kit I got off Amazon works great.
Product: PAINTSCRATCH Touch Up Paint Tricoat Bottle Car Scratch Repair Kit - Compatible/Replacement for Ford Mach-E Cyber Orange Tricoat (Color Code: SB/M7450)

But you have to put down a base coat, let dry, pearly metallic coat, let dry and then top clear coat. Extra work and patience. Looks good though.

I have done about 7 or 8 chip repairs now in 9 mos/16k miles.
Sponsored

Last edited: